It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the F22

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Does every plane have this unique paint pattern? whats the point of this painting anyway?

btw i think the f22 is the most un-needed aircraft ever... to my opinion, it has almost no pros over the f15... which can carry much more aa & ag weapons

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's stealthier, has supercruise and a whole host of other things but I don't know about these patterns you speak of being unique .

[edit on 6/6/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
by the way im sorta new here and found this great site by mistake, just a question, where can i read about this whole point system cuz i REALLY dont get it

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... for a rundown on the points system.

You can use points for buying stuff like a coloured background to your profile in the ATS shop.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Let me see if I have your question down correctly...

The F/A-22a Raptor uses a unique patteren for additional stealth, usually aircraft would have a right triangle formation with their wings, but Raptor utilizeles in more advanced geometric shapes to allow for a less cross-section.

The paintjob it has just makes it look really really cool

Plus the design, shape allows for it to go supercruise without afterburner, since you need a certain shape to reach speeds of above mach 2, you are not going to go 3 time the speed of sound with a giant block of metal.

Plus, the fact that it has a smooth surface would add to its stealth, if so much as a rock made a big enough denture or scratched it, a radar would pick up the stealth aircraft, that is the same concern with B-2 Spirit.

Hope that helps, and Welcome!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
the camo is part of it's visual stealth, so that it is harder to see and track from the ground

as far as it being used on other aircraft, I have no clue, but I would assume that if it is deemed the 'best' camo then it will be used on other planes.

as far as it being uneeded, I must disagree. The F-22 gives the US the most advanced F/A in the world. Remember that it will be the only stealth A2A fighter in the world, and can perform other missions that the F-15 or any other fighter in the world simply can't. The US airforce needs this plane to preserve air dominance for the next couple decades.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
the camo is part of it's visual stealth, so that it is harder to see and track from the ground

as far as it being used on other aircraft, I have no clue, but I would assume that if it is deemed the 'best' camo then it will be used on other planes.

as far as it being uneeded, I must disagree. The F-22 gives the US the most advanced F/A in the world. Remember that it will be the only stealth A2A fighter in the world, and can perform other missions that the F-15 or any other fighter in the world simply can't. The US airforce needs this plane to preserve air dominance for the next couple decades.

I never said that the F-22 is unneeded...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
its a classic patter dark or dark gray on the top and light gray on the bottom.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they started doing this in WW2 by the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The F/A-22 is needed very much. This is so so several reasons. First is the the F-15 is about a 30 year old design. It is old and unstealthy. When people fly it they fell exposed and in danger because it is so big. Another and one of the most important reasons is that during a recent event where US F-15s went up against Indian Russian fighters the US fighter usually lost. It was not for lack of training I mind you but the Russian technology the Indians were using was just more advanced. The US needs the plane to stay on top. The pilots want the plane and they need it.

top topics

join