It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Saddam is captured alive do we...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If he is captured alive I think he should be tried, and imprisoned.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would love to see him rot in jail.Solitary confinement.Or maybe let the guy's in San Quentin have some fun with him.

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure on this

I'd like to see the guy dead but then he instantly gains status as a martyr in the eyes of his fundamentalist followers

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
my choice would be that he was forcably soddomized by a well-endowed pig, then buried face down, facing his destination and away from Mecca, but that's just me...

Unfortunately, he'll likely be exiled to a small island paradise with a Hawaiian shirt, Bermuda shorts, and a Mai Tai, along with some lovely parting gifts...

link   
Where is the "other" category? I think he should be tortured as he has done to many people for many years. Feed him chemical sandwiches, taste of his own medicine.

link   
arc, that's exactly why I would want him imprisoned, you said it best.

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Put him in a secure environment and let the Muslim NON-fundamentalists do as they will. Not only has he commited many crimes against humanity he has also commited crimes against Allah who he supposedly worships. Perhaps that way we get a corpse and enough of an example made by the right people to avoid martyrdom

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Your are not IRAQIS
You cant know how is life in IRAQ
You just are influenced by medias propaganda

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I know quite a few Iraqis who have left for the West, and I myself lived in the middle east. The average Iraqi would never do anything but praise Saddam if on camera or tape, but otherwise, it's an entirely different story. The atmosphere of fear is overwhelming, but well-hidden to the outside world. Those who made it out are very grateful indeed...

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
Your are not IRAQIS

I do now that Saddam has killed thousadnds of innmocents, adn tried to take out the Mid.East. And that his people have very few freedoms.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I vote prison.

He's been getting away with too much for too long.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I think this poll is stupid
Your are not IRAQIS

Nans, then why did you post in this thread if it's stupid. We are not Iraqis or claim to know how life is there, but that doesn't mean we cant express our opinions on what to do with Saddam.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think the "turn him over to the people he's oppressed" would more serve *justice* than serve the law (In case you haven't noticed, law & justice are 2 entirely different concepts).

If he's required to serve the *law*, then life imprisonment would be enough. Even if in solitary confinement, *other* prisoners could probably find a way to have some "fun" with him...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
My reasons for this can be explained by Arc's point about martyrdom. That's what Saddam wants, it's to become a martyr under the "Black Hand of the Great Satan" as he would call it. He will accept this fate and that can be backed up by his willingness to take this weapons of mass destuction crusade and drive it, himself and the Iraqi people into the ground. He will sacrafice ALL for HIMESELF, that is why we can't give him what he wants, the war and the martyrdom. The problem is that we HAVE TO. There is no other way. We can't assassinate him for two reasons, or three really. The one and most imporatant is it is a sin, secondly he will get his martydom, and third it's illegal under ALL law. So if we get him and put him in jail that is a lot more fair than certain death. Yes, he has been one the worst of the worst when it comes to disrespect towards human life but that doesn't justify anyone to committ an act of even more or less impression of that same personification when taking justice matters in to their hands. The Lord and Death decide who dies, not you. Those who choose to think otherwise and live accordingly will regret their sinful idealism. I guess what I am about to say is, let everyone die and let God sort them out.

When it comes down to Saddam, I think we should do something that is very controversial, but decievingly ambitious. Now to just say Let Him Go, is kind of centralized. I say let him get away but lead him to his grave. His gravediggers will be those who feel they need the bloodshed and honor of draining the life out of this man. Those can be many people. The problem is that no one group of people have the right to his death anymore than the other because none of them have the right in the first place. In the end it seems I can't agree on this on my own. I once thought his death was neccacary but now I realize that his death can't be carried out without our hands getting bloody. Thus giving us the blame and Saddam the glory of martyrdom. That is why I said Let Him Go, because we wouldn't hold the blame. That isn't true though because we would be responsible for not only his certain death by his captors but for letting him go in the first place. The final decision for me is going to have to be put him in jail. Now the real hard-hitter comes in: Where? Where should he be tried. I smell Internation War Crimes Tribunal. Smells good to me, and really rancid to our military and government officals. They won't accept this court so they can't put him in it unless they themselves conceed to the authortity of the New World Order that is the International War Crimes Tribunal; or at least a tiny, winey, itse, witse, bitse, bit of it. Then again I never knew that they put the New World Order ingredients in our kitchen, did you?

You See?

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would love to see him after 1000 paper cuts...apparently that is horrendous torture!

Chris

posted on Mar, 10 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Saddam has be given enough media attention for his cause, and had enough money, enough tears, enough energy spent on his sorry a$$...if caught I hope there isn't any multi-million dollar long drawn out media-circus (commonly known as a trial)...just take him out the back, away from the crowds and cameras, simply put a slug in his brain and throw his carcass into a vat of acid or something.

The less time spent glorifying or demonising his life by way of creating a spectacle of his death, the better.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's why I made my first choice to serve *justice* over serving the law...

Do you think there would be a more economical way to do it than to let "his people" handle the situation? Not really...No trial expenses because it would be done as "trial by mob". No expense for interring his sorry @$$ for another couple of decades or so, because he's not likely to live that long. No possibility for "martyrdom" because it would be his *own people* ripping him limb from limb. The execution itself wouldn't even cost anything...Not even for a bullet & a tub of acid. It wouldn't even cost anything for a mob to lob a couple of tons of rocks on him...After all, would they have to *buy* the rocks first? No, but they could make a good profit at *selling* them later to memorabilia collectors.

Justice...swift, final & economical. What more could we ask?

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You have a good point there MD, but I may have to agree more with BeLLaTrIx. It would give both Nans and Saddam a different view on things.

(some people would consider it imprisonment)

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by joehayner]

posted on Mar, 11 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeLLaTrIx
I vote for...
That we let Saddam go live with Nans DESMICHELS. Would be 100% pure freakin torture!!!

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by BeLLaTrIx]

that would work. i mean, is there any worse torture?

I voted to kill him on the spot. Hey, it may make him a martyr, but it gives a bunch of nice soldiers some target practice. That is, if they don't get a double.

Signing off,
HLW

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join