It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um, what was that? Possible UFO sighting - Worcestershire, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
About ten minutes ago, I was in bed playing a game on my laptop. Through the gap in the curtains, I saw an orange 'ball' of light.
My initial reaction was that it was a reflection of something on the window, then I realised it couldn't be as the only light in the room was from my laptop.
I went to the window and saw the following:

There was an orange ball of light, below it and slightly further back, there was another, much smaller and fainter ball of orange light. The two appeared to be connected.
The lights were traveling quite quickly, following the line of the River Severn southwards.
They appeared to be connected by something.

I am fairly certain it wasn't a meteor, there was no trail behind it, and if it was a meteor, the entire object would be illuminated, not just two lights at either side.
The other possibilities include: a low flying jet - I often see jets and helicopters following the river, however, there was no sound (and it was within hearing distance), and I have never seen a plane/helicopter with orange lights. I would also expect there to be more lights from a plane/helicopter.
Finally, it could have been a Chinese lantern/s which do travel quite quickly. However, I don't think it was, as the two lights were connected, traveling at a constant speed and stayed at the same distance apart as far as I could tell.

Any help working out what these strange lights were would be appreciated.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They're real, man..
Expect more and more sightings..
These things can interact with you on levels that I never knew to be imaginable..
I'm telling everyone I can about this..I had first-hand contact with inter-dimensional beings last night...all I can say..all the stories about alien abductions, demon possessions, etc...it's all the same thing...

2011/2012 will reveal what is in store for us..

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do you have any evidence? Maybe a picture or something tangible?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ball lightning or flares could be a possible answer. I know I've seen certain types of flares that when in the sky remain there for a while, seeming to move quite quickly but they never seperate in distance from one another because they're at the same altitude. Those are the logical answers. There is always a small chance it could be an unknown.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi fellow worcestershire dweller! I'm in bromsgrove. Last night my two kids saw an orange ball moving east to west. Could've been a lantern, but they observed it moving up and down as it progressed. Keep our eyes peeled!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracydude
Do you have any evidence? Maybe a picture or something tangible?

No, I don't, unfortunately. In the dark, I couldn't see my phone, and even if I could, it would have taken too long to turn on and get to the camera.

Originally posted by invetro
Ball lightning or flares could be a possible answer. I know I've seen certain types of flares that when in the sky remain there for a while, seeming to move quite quickly but they never seperate in distance from one another because they're at the same altitude. Those are the logical answers. There is always a small chance it could be an unknown.

I really don't think it could have been flares, don't they leave a trail, then flare up and die down again? These lights were constant, no flickering and there was no trail.
As for ball lightning, again, I don't think so. There were clouds on the horizon, but it seemed pretty clear around where I saw them.

Originally posted by bargoose
Hi fellow worcestershire dweller! I'm in bromsgrove. Last night my two kids saw an orange ball moving east to west. Could've been a lantern, but they observed it moving up and down as it progressed. Keep our eyes peeled!

Really? Something is going on in our skies!
Another reason I fairly confident it wasn't a lantern is that it was going against the wind. All day, the wind has been coming from the south, and yet the lights were traveling south.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Emphursis

I saw exactly the same thing myself about 6 weeks ago, an orange ball of light, first i thought it was a comet, then a plane on fire, it was definitly not a chinese lantern ive seen these, this was much faster. i am in s wales. Wish i knew what it was as well.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I saw two orange balls of light over york the other night
i put it down to Chinese lanterns.

not very impressive,there just so common a sight now
telltale signs are to look for them kind of pulsing
or dropping burning pieces off of them too.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It makes no difference as to the direction of travel as to the motion of lanterns. A variation of air current can be as simple as upward heat, turbulence from City buildings, temperature differences over water and land and combinations of all these things. Military flares are very bright and will light up a large part of the sky around them and are usually very short lived, and would be aimed to light a particular area in say a battlefield, (since that is what they are intended for) and are pretty obsolete now, except maybe in a particular war arena.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
I saw two orange balls of light over york the other night
i put it down to Chinese lanterns.

not very impressive,there just so common a sight now
telltale signs are to look for them kind of pulsing
or dropping burning pieces off of them too.

Like I said, the lights were not flickering or pulsing, and bits were not dropping off them.

top topics

join