It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton & the Oil Spill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Edit: Found out this from using the wayback machine to look at boots and coots website because their current site is FUBAR. This bit is from their involvment in the Iraq War:

When Halliburton sought for the best and most qualified company to control the oil well fires in Iraq, they turned to Boots & Coots. Boots & Coots came in and efficiently handled the blowouts under an extremely hostile environment.

web.archive.org...

Also on the front page of their site as of a few years ago their involvment in the Kuwait war:

Boots & Coots was in Kuwait leading the effort to put out the hundreds of oil well fires set by Iraqi troops in the first Gulf War. The work in Kuwait cemented our reputation as the premiere oil well firefighting and blowout control company.

Wow, The Bush's really love these Booters and Cooters. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Howdy all. This oil spill has really hit home for myself since i was born in New Orleans and my father partly worked for the oil rigs when we lived in Nawleans.

I have been shocked at how few threads on this CONSPIRACY website have had the words HALLIBURTON involved in them. After seeing the Huffington Post mention Halliburton i felt i had to make a post about this. Please note that the article on Huffington Post is about conspiracies regarding the oil spill, and the Halliburton one was the last one:

from Huffington Post:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Halliburton IS the War Machine: Finally, we come to the most likely culprit in all of this, and a sure sign that indeed this is an act of war. Wherever Halliburton goes, so goes the war machine, and vice versa. From no-bid and no-account contracts in Iraq (and post-Katrina New Orleans, by the way) to a massive corporate presence in the Gulf region, these folks seem to have an acute capacity for making a buck on cataclysms of all sorts. Perhaps more to the point, they appear to be at the nexus of most disaster zones, including the erstwhile Bush Presidency and now the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. As a recent article in the Huffington Post notes:

"Giant oil-services provider Halliburton may be a primary suspect in the investigation into the oil rig explosion that has devastated the Gulf Coast, the Wall Street Journal reports. Though the investigation into the explosion that sank the Deepwater Horizon site is still in its early stages, drilling experts agree that blame probably lies with flaws in the 'cementing' process -- that is, plugging holes in the pipeline seal by pumping cement into it from the rig. Halliburton was in charge of cementing for Deepwater Horizon."

So Halliburton PROBABLY was the cause of the problem. Why are people blaming BP and others when it could very well be Halliburton!

OK, now to take it a step further, i did a google news search on Halliburton to see if any news was covering them and i found this interesting tid bit!

online.wsj.com...

Oilfield services giant Halliburton Co. (HAL) said late Friday it will buy Boots & Coots Inc. (WEL) in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $232 million.

Shares of Boots & Coots, which provides pressure-control services as well as emergency response and control of oil and gas well blowouts and well fires, jumped 23% to $2.88 in light premarket trading on Monday.

So Halliburton, only a few weeks before this spill happened is trying to buy an "Oil Spill Clean up Crew" that according to my father is one of the largest and the go to guys to control oil fires. How very interesting...

And one more thing about Boots and Coots. It seems the shareholders are not happy about the take over. This could have nothing to do with all of this but i found this interesting as well.

www.businessweek.com...

Boots & Coots Inc., the oil well firefighter being bought by Halliburton Co. for more than $240 million, was sued by an investor who contends some company officials wrongly stand to gain a windfall in the deal.

Boots & Coots on March 1 awarded some executives restricted stock grants at $1.88 a share, and the stock may be sold at the Halliburton offering price of $3 a share, stockholder Herbert Silverberg said yesterday in a Delaware Chancery Court lawsuit in Wilmington.

The suit was filed “for the benefit of the company,” “and seeks to disgorge the restricted stock awarded by the board to themselves,” as well as damages, according to the complaint.

Halliburton, an energy services engineering company, said April 9 it would a pay 28 percent premium for Boots & Coots in cash and stock to add firefighting services. Both companies are based in Houston.

If this doesn't have the makings of a conspiracy folks, i don't know what does. Anything thoughts on all of this? As for the above quote, i am a financially stupid so i don't know what any of that stuff means.

And also this!

www.marketwatch.com...

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Halliburton Co. said Monday its first-quarter net income fell 46%, as the oil service giant booked one-time costs related to the devaluation of the Venezuelan currency, while operating income rose.

Halliburton /quotes/comstock/13*!hal/quotes/nls/hal (HAL 30.65, -0.95, -3.01%) said earnings fell to $206 million, or 23 cents a share, from $378 million, or 42 cents a share, in the year-ago period.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree that this angle needs to be looked at much closer. And I'm also surprised at how this isn't getting the attention of ATS the way I think it should.
I tried to start a thread on the spill giving out addresses BP for complaints. As soon as I mentioned Halliburton, it was shut down. And I mentioned it on the ATS Live thread while the discussion on the show was going on about the spill, and they were asking "who would gain from this?"

They didn't remark on Halliburton, even though it was evident they were reading the posts while on the air--they were replying to some others...

Boondock-Saint has mentioned this a few times and so have a couple others including you of course, but it seems blown off and ignored.

Hopefully your thread on this will get the question the attention it deserves. After all Halliburton has a track record that has other shady actions in it. ( Don't forget it's ties to Cheney in the past)

S&F

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Dude this is driving me crazy!

In the other thread which you mentioned, i was arguing with someone JUST so i could bump the thread so more people would see it and it would hopefully get on the front page. To me it seems so obvious that this is the first place we should look into, especially if Booters & Cooters (boots & coots) is involved in the clean up. I don't know what is going on, people are obsessed with Religious wars right now, they are afraid that we are going to become a muslim country and don't have time for anything else.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i think your onto something mate thanks for bringing this to my attension flaged

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Thanks buddy!

Here is another Article on Halliburton. They are saying that they need to be blamed for this:

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Halliburton, for whom George W. Bush hijacked the US military to wage war and perp capital crimes against the people of Iraq, may be and should be subject to severe penalties, perhaps death, as a result of the 'personhood' granted them recently by the US 'Supreme' Court. If Halliburton is a 'person', then Halliburton must be charged with multitudinous crimes, tried, found guilty and 'put to death' but not before it is literally 'fined' out of existence for the monetary damages it has inflicted upon the world environment.

The oil well spewing crude into the Gulf of Mexico didn't have a remote-control shut-off switch used in two other major oil-producing nations as last-resort protection against underwater spills.

The lack of the device, called an acoustic switch, could amplify concerns over the environmental impact of offshore drilling after the explosion and sinking of the Deepwater Horizon rig last week.

The accident has led to one of the largest ever oil spills in U.S. water and the loss of 11 lives. On Wednesday federal investigators said the disaster is now releasing 5,000 barrels of oil a day into the Gulf, up from original estimates of 1,000 barrels a day.

U.S. regulators don't mandate use of the remote-control device on offshore rigs, and the Deepwater Horizon, hired by oil giant BP PLC, didn't have one. With the remote control, a crew can attempt to trigger an underwater valve that shuts down the well even if the oil rig itself is damaged or evacuated.

That article shows a good diagram on how this oil spill happened and how an Acoustic Switch could have helped.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Found out this from using the wayback machine to look at boots and coots website because their current site is FUBAR. This bit is from their involvment in the Iraq War:

When Halliburton sought for the best and most qualified company to control the oil well fires in Iraq, they turned to Boots & Coots. Boots & Coots came in and efficiently handled the blowouts under an extremely hostile environment.

web.archive.org...

Also on the front page of their site as of a few years ago their involvment in the Kuwait war:

Boots & Coots was in Kuwait leading the effort to put out the hundreds of oil well fires set by Iraqi troops in the first Gulf War. The work in Kuwait cemented our reputation as the premiere oil well firefighting and blowout control company.

Wow, The Bush's really love these Booters and Cooters. Carry on, nothing to see here.

The more i look into boots and coots, the scarier it gets. Their website is currently not really working, the links at the top are messed up.

You can use an amazing internet tool called "The Way Back Machine" to go back in time and look at popular sites back in time. Here is the way back machine's backups for boots and coots, feel free to check them out:

web.archive.org...*/http:/www.boots-coots.com

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

U.S. regulators don't mandate use of the remote-control device on offshore rigs, and the Deepwater Horizon, hired by oil giant BP PLC, didn't have one. With the remote control, a crew can attempt to trigger an underwater valve that shuts down the well even if the oil rig itself is damaged or evacuated.

So the fail safe was available, and required elsewhere in the world, but U.S. "regulators" deemed it unnecessary here?

I wonder how that happened...

Now, assuming Halliburton was who decided not to use it, I have to assume they wanted the leak to happen.

???

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know what all the fuss is about Halliburton. They have been
around for 75 years or more. There job is oilwell cementing and
a lot of other services. Sometimes an accident happens. Even Halliburton
has one on occasion. They have serviced hundreds of thousands of
wells around the world. What is the big conspiracy with them? Do you
think they go around and cause explosions and disasters? It is their job
to help prevent these things from happening, not creating them. If they
are in the business of killing people and causing national disasters, they
would have been ran out of business decades ago, and they wouldn't
still be here. No conspiracy here. I thank them for doing the great job they
do. Just because they bought out Boots and Coots isn't anything to worry
about either.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

I just want to make sure people know that it was probably Halliburton's fault and it appears that they could have done a few things to prevent the amount of oil spill from happening. I don't know who is to blame for not using acoustic switches but this is a giant mess.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

I just want to make sure people know that it was probably Halliburton's fault and it appears that they could have done a few things to prevent the amount of oil spill from happening. I don't know who is to blame for not using acoustic switches but this is a giant mess.

And what is your proof that it was "probably" Halliburton's fault? And how
does it appear they could have done things to prevent the amount of oil
spill? And please explain completely what acoustic switches are and
how they work. Do you have a bunch of insider info on what's what,
and what they use and not use, and what they did and should have done
and shouldn't have done? splain !!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

lol i was going to look up the stuff you requested but i don't feel like it. This thread is going no where and i don't feel like putting the energy into it. But please reply to this so more people will see the thread.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You obviously didn't take the effort of reading the link provided in the OP.
If you had taken the time to look at the link, you would understand acoustic switches and how they work.
You may have even found a few links like this:
Halliburton May Be Culprit
or:
Leaking Oil Well Lacked Safeguard

You may also check on "The Halliburton Loophole", and other special arrangements that have been made for them.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Thank you Dogdish for jumping in for me :-D I appreciate it bro!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Halliburton in spotlight in gulf spill probe

Investigators delving into the causes of the massive gulf oil spill are examining the role of Houston-based Halliburton Co., the giant energy services company that was responsible for cementing the deepwater drill hole, as well as the possible failure of equipment leased to British Petroleum. Two members of Congress, Reps. Henry A. Waxman (D-Beverly Hills) and Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), called on Halliburton on Friday to provide all documents relating to "the possibility or risk of an explosion or blowout at the Deepwater Horizon rig and the status, adequacy, quality, monitoring, and inspection of the cementing work" by May 7.

Link to full article

I agree with the sentiment in this thread concerning this topic, and I'd love to see it get some more attention. S+F

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
When are we going to wake up people?!? The acquisition was 8 days before the explosion happened, not weeks!

www.examiner.com...

The oil well explosion in the Gulf of Mexico could be a well-timed and profitable accident for Halliburton, the global oil company with the famous connection to former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney. Just eight days before the uber-Valdez accident, Houston-based Halliburton acquired Boots & Coots Services, also based in Houston, in a $240 million cash and stock deal.

Boots & Coots, which uses the graphic of a burning oil well to represent the ampersand in its name, specializes in "pressure control and well intervention services." In other words, when an oil well explodes, Boots & Coots can step in and help remedy the problem. In a release, Jerry Winchester, Boots & Coots president and CEO, says "Combining the resources of both companies creates the premier intervention company across the globe.”

While Halliburton's timing of the acquisition could be chalked up to luck, some members of Congress are asking questions. Reps. Henry A. Waxman (D-Beverly Hills) and Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), have asked Halliburton provide all documents relating to "the possibility or risk of an explosion or blowout" at the rig in the Gulf, according to a report in the LA Times.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
1.4 million shares had traded hands yesterday compared to 600,000 in a months time?!?! Am i reading this correctly?!?

www.mysmartrend.com...

Shares of Boots & Coots (AMEX:WEL) are trading up 1% to $2.96 today on above average volume. Approximately 1.4 million shares have traded hands today vs. average 30-day volume of 598,000 shares.
Spikes in volume can validate a breakout or signify a potential turning point. As such, SmarTrend will continue to monitor shares of WEL to see if this bullish momentum will continue.
SmarTrend is bullish on shares of Boots & Coots and our subscribers were alerted to buy on January 04, 2010 at $1.66. The stock has risen 78.3% since the alert was issued.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

GREAT FIND! and then it happened to happen on Earth Day? cmon, wow what a coincidence. obama talks about how safe the rigs are and they have no spills, halli buys out the coots and then boom! oil spill. this is as conspiracy as it gets.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

Yea this is definitely the stuff that should be on the front page. Unfortunately the title is not "sensational" enough for ats. they wanna see something like HALLIBURTON CONSPIRACY EXPOSED: PROOF FACTS HERE!!! LOOK AT THIS I IMPLORE YOU!!!
otherwise it will never get to the front page. i wish it would though. i s and f

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
halliburtonwatch.org...

You are right, it was all in the title. Maybe someone else can use my thread as content for a post. There is a lot here to make a sensational post.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Regardless of who is to blame, the fact still remains that this is Obama's Katrina.
I mean geez, it's gonna take 7 days to repair the leak yet it took him 9 days to respond.
This thing could have been completed 2 days ago.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join