It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***See the Huge Oil Spill from Space!! Amazing shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Be sure to visit the Source for some great additional info for the photos and also you can click on photos to enlarge etc. Very cool indeed- Not much else to say as the photos speak volumes. Sad, tragic, and mad-made. Errrrrr.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6eb1d54b5c26.jpg[/atsimg]An airplane, visible at top left, flies above the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico after an explosion at the Transocean Deepwater Horizon drilling platform.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d9458382d10.jpg[/atsimg]An instrument on NASA's Terra satellite captured this view of the oil slick off in the Gulf of Mexico on April 29

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00bfe8db2bcb.jpg[/atsimg]The European Space Agency's Envisat satellite used its radar-imaging instrument to get this view of the oil spill on April 26

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2db3bd8eedbb.jpg[/atsimg]
A color-coded image from Eumetsat's MetOp-A weather satellite from April 29 shows the oil spill near the Mississippi River delta

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/487be099e6b0.jpg[/atsimg]
The oil sheen from the Transocean Deepwater spill shines in rainbow colors as ships pass through, as seen in this image from DigitalGlobe's QuickBird satellite

Source: cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 5/2/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Such a shame!

So much destruction...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I am so angry! As if we here in Louisiana didn't have enough troubles, these jackholes destroy our coast and thousands of jobs along with it. For the majority of those that live and work on the coast of LA, the only way of life they have ever known will be gone. Those that grew up in the marshes and coastal areas down there have have lived a very specialized type of life, and their knowledge and expertise at fishing, crabbing, shrimping, etc. will not translate very well elsewhere. What is to become of all those who's only way of life for generations has been destroyed?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I don't blame you... I feel bad for LA.

People down there have been devastated over the last 5+ years.

At least Obama is sending SWAT Teams to deal with the area.

Isn't that what they did last time you had a state of emergency?

I wouldn't speak up at all ... not like I would call the governor or state officials and complain ... they are doing all they can. ...

I'm sure.

[edit on 5·2·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yes, those people have been suffering but it all began with their Gov and local poiciticans being inept and not heeding the advice of the pros. They wouldn't be in half the trouble ther are in had they listened then.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What is so amazing about a oil spill that is polluting and killing the environment?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by warisover

That we have the technology to be able to capture the event and possible learn from it-document it for evidence etc

Maybe be able to come up with a more effective battle plan to deal with it.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why are the most recent sat pics nearly 5 days old?

Latest word is that the Blow Out Preventer was altered.

Interesting forum following events
gcaptain.com...

Here's a great interview with someone who was on the rig.
www.marklevinshow.com...

Sec Salazar said it's probably more like 25,000 barrels a day, and could be 100,000 plus for months.

100,000 bbls a day is 42,000,000 gallons a day, for months.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

I agree but I wonder just how many people in the south were on the whole "drill baby drill" bandwagon????????????? Nuclear energy is our answer not drilling for oil.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I guess you can blame the oil drilling proponents, but on the flip side, its not exactly easy to build a new nuclear reactor in the United States these days. Seems that a lot of environmentalists jumped on the anti-nuclear energy bandwagon themselves a few decades back and managed to successfully lobby against it with members of Congress.

But yes, I'm in full agreement. I'd rather build nuclear plants than drill offshore.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

We have to come to a happy, common sense approach to both these issues, Oil & Nukes.

I don't think we could do without either one. But, we need need nuke facilities as well as upgraded infrstructures.

The political games need to stop. We have enough of our own oil and and the ability to make more and safter nuke plants. Let'g get to it!!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We must look like huge idiots from space to anyone visiting Earth!
Who goes out in their beautiful ocean and makes a terrible ecological
disaster? Maybe the risk of destroying our planet will snap people into thinking clean energy is our only reponsible course of action. In a few weeks all you will see on the news is dead birds and dead marine life washing up on shore. It is shameful and tragic. Worst of all, this could have been avoided. Where are our priorities? This is our home, the only home we are ever going to have, and the animals are our responsibility!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Avoid-maybe if the thing was never built but even the BP Pres said that it was equipment failure that caused the explosion. That could have happened anywhere.

I am just glad it was a terrorist attack-as we know of yet. That would be very problematic if the oil platforms got targeted. I don't believe they have any defensive measures to assist them, or authority to act.

new topics

top topics

join