It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea vows to retaliate over warship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

South Korea vows to retaliate over warship sinking

news.bbc.co.uk

South Korea's defence minister has said those responsible for the deaths of 46 sailors on board a warship that sank after an explosion must "pay a price".

Kim Tae-young promised "punitive action" against "the perpetrators who killed our soldiers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
So are they going to attack N. Korea? I don't think so..... They will have to find someone to blame this on. I wonder who it will be since they won't target N. korea because they don't have the guts to them on. Or they will just back down and talk tough while hiding everything from their citizens.

So what do you think?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Punishment comes in many forms where North and South Korean diplomacy are concerned. South Korea does not have to declare war on North Korea, just increase sanctions, decrease humanitarian aid and further limit travel. All of these would have far reaching negative impacts on the North.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"Kim Tae-young promised "punitive action" might just be me, but that sounds pretty weak ! just an empty threat trying to put down public criticism of there response.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
N. Korean leader's trip to China seen imminent: source

A trip to China by North Korean leader Kim Jong-il appears imminent, a South Korean government source said Sunday.

The North's leader "has not crossed into China yet, but it appears highly likely that his Chinese trip would come either today or tomorrow as a considerable level of preparations have been done," the source said on condition of anonymity.

Hope the Chinese give this little rat dog a good hiding and tell him to behave or get replaced. Unless China want to start a war... then they'll give him a pat on the back.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What exactly did you want them to do?

South Korea is not going to start a war over the death of 46 sailors from a torpedo/mine that may have been a leftover. Further, the people of South Korea certainly don't want to be told 46 lives mean nothing either.

I'm not an expert on North Korea, but logically I would think that if the North did attack this ship, they would boast about it and not claim they had no involvement.

Defectors claiming knowledge of North Korean military operations called it sabotage, describing naval squads in slow-moving submarines outfitted with torpedoes. North Korea denied involvement.

www.latimes.com...

Kimmy seems to me to like attention and high-fives for his "accomplishments". But who knows what really goes on in the minds of small men?

My guess is that this will most likely affect the joint industrial complex since South Korea never got North Korea to back down on any of their demands and this might provide them with the excuse to merely take control of it and push the NK workers out. But that's just a guess.

The North is so isolated now there isn't much left to withdraw. Vaccines and food go right to the people, so I doubt that will be the "punishment". Should another North and South war begin, I'm sure the South wants as many NK citizens to view them as a benevolent government capable of providing food, medicine, water, etc. Famine is one of the biggest killers in NK.

new topics

top topics

join