It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO in Shuttle Launch photo! What is the object just above the F-15?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I just posted a picture montage of Shuttle Launches...

*Pics* Shuttle Launches...lest we not forget the beauty of it!

I left this one out of the thread because I noticed a strange anomaly just above the F-15. Is this lens flare?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
to me it looks like another jet just on the opposite side of the shuttle launch

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Nice catch. Zooming in on it though, the whole area around it (in a square around it actually) the pixels are a bit different. The object itself seems like a white cylindar or something.

I dunno it's late and my eyes are crossing. I'm not a photo pro anyway--I'll check back in the morning

[edit on 2/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I agree, it is probably another jet shadowing the movement of the jet in the foreground on the opposite side of the shuttle.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I don't know....seems that if it was an additional f-15 on the other side of the launch it would appear much smaller. This object does seem to be behind the launch and at a distance, which if the case, would make it quite large in comparison to an f-15 at the same distance IMO. Just a notion.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Do you have access to a higher resolution photo?

It would really make figuring this out a lot easier.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Dear UberL33t

That one is real easy, it is a nice white beach on Great Abaco Island.

Have a look at Google earth

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

UberL33t.....

What a terrific photo.....thanks for posting that

I'm thinking it might be a lens reflection because there appears to be a lens reflection related to the shuttle.

The small rectangular shape of the lens reflection (if that's what it is) above the F15 could be a match for similar shaped & sized areas on the underside of the F15.

It's also possible it's another aircraft, because differing illumination & distance can cause some aircraft to have strange & changing appearances on photos & video (reference DepthofField's excellent previous posts about that topic).

Perhaps some reading is in order, to determine if a 2nd F15 shadowed that specific shuttle launch.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Could it be a boat? a Cruise ship? Maybe one of those 16 floors mega ships with elevators and sh|t with its lights on?

from the angle of the photo taken which I assume it was from another jet? I might be wrong but the aircraft in the photo is at about 70 Degrees from the left wing tip which also make the jet thats taking the photo to be around the same degrees. The object seem to be behind the shuttle launch so from the angle, it could just be on the water, not sure

It cant be another F-15, its just a bit too big , if it was a little bit smaller then it could be another jet, unless its a bigger plane/jet

Its def. not lens flare.. the lens flare is near the shuttle, right above so the other spot cant be that.

Its a bit hard to know if that object is on the water or above it a few hundred feets or less.. if my eyes arent playing tricks then the object is under those clouds, not close and really under it but u know in between from the clouds and water.

Or its really a cigar shape UFO?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Do you have access to a higher resolution photo?

Highest Resolution I could find

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It looks like another jet to me as well.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Could it be a boat? a Cruise ship?

That seems plausible. Hard to guage where this object is located, whether it's at sea level or is at an altitude.

Edit it add: I google mapped that Island from a previous poster...IMO I don't think that's what it is.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by UberL33t]

top topics

join