It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is $1.4 Biillion chump change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Posted Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:08 PM
blog.newsweek.com... aspx
Mark Hosenball:

The Pentagon's main supply agency has acknowledged awarding $1.4 billion in no-bid contracts to two foreign companies whose ownership and management seem extremely mysterious. The contracts, involving delivery of aviation fuel to U.S.-run air bases in Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan, are currently under investigation by a subcommittee of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, one of Congress's most powerful panels.

So I'm guessing that this will not make MSM and this oversight.house.gov... will do NOTHING.

Yup, nothing to see there.

oversight.house.gov...

The Defense Logistics Agency said in a written statement to Declassified that last year it awarded a contract to a company called Mina Corp. Ltd. for supplying fuel to the Manas Transit Center, as the U.S.-run air base in Kyrgyzstan is known. The agency said Mina received the contract, potentially worth $729 million over three years, under a section of federal purchasing regulations allowing "contracting without providing for full and open competition." (The contract's initial term, the agency said, is for one year, with options for two one-year extensions.) The agency also said it had awarded a $720 million contract under the same provisions to a company called Red Star Enterprises for the provision of Russian-grade aviation fuel and JP-8 jet fuel.

Mina Corp.'s response:

www.prnewswire.com...

A little info. on Red Star Enterprises:

www.cbsnews.com...

Here is how authorities say the plan worked: Red Star Enterprises – a British fuel company was in charge of delivering aircraft fuel to Bagram. Once on base, KBR employees were responsible for signing receipts that proved how much fuel was received. Receipts were then submitted to the U.S. government by Red Star for payment.

Did you guys that KBR?? They got busted for this crap back in 2007 w/ Chaney's crew.

KBR:

en.wikipedia.org...

Call me a little slow, but damn going down these rabbit holes makes me wanna

Halliburton's former subsidiary, KBR, is a major construction company of refineries, oil fields, pipelines, and chemical plants. Halliburton announced on April 5, 2007 that it had finally broken ties with KBR, which had been its contracting, engineering and construction unit as a part of the company for 44 years.[11

[edit on 1-5-2010 by 5 oClock]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Now for those who say 1.4 Billion is nothing, check out this site:

The Death and Taxes poster contains a lot of information and is great for putting federal spending in context. However, the de-facto unit of measure is one billion dollars. I realized that people often have a hard time grasping just what one billion dollars is. So to provide further context to the poster, I am putting one billion dollars into perspective.

www.wallstats.com...

By the way if you consider this chump change, maybe that's part of the problem.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am speechless, great find

S+F

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah I would say a billion is chump change unfortunately.

The pentagon lost 2.3 trillion in 2001.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So round & round we go, this $hi! will never change.
Unless the masses wake up!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by 5 oClock]

top topics

join