It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: New York's Times Square evacuated for emergency probe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

Thanks for that link, maybe you'd want to post it in Breaking News. I've been expecting something like this as a "reason" for the next false flag being in Los Angeles/ Hollywood. www.abovetopsecret.com...

On a semi-related note, I wonder how well a Prophet Muhammed movie will go down... Slated for 2011.
www.arabianbusiness.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
There is also the concept that this "alleged" car bomber/s, was testing reaction times and procedures, to gain intel on the sop's for these types of incidents.

To maximize impact of attack, experienced terrorists will deploy a decoy ied and have secondary, real ied's positioned in the vicinty of where responders are expected to be located and or standing off in.

Hence why an initial blast, is to lure the target/s into the intended attack point. Then a secondary attack occurs after responders arrive on site...in turn causing more casualties as intended.

It is how terrorists have managed to get more bang out of their buck.

That is at least, how I can best explain it and keep it simple.

Excellent post and it should not be ignored. That's why mods get the big bucks, right?

Going a little bit further down this path, we've all seen that very scenario played out in other countries. Responders getting decimated by secondary devices. This was surely a test. There was no need for secondary devices as the higher ups in the EMS and the police are sure to know and explain the possible ramifications in debriefings. If ATS mods can put these pieces together so can TPTB in NYC.

And so what does a responder do differently in the next incident? Nothing. But... and this is important, doubt and fear have been instilled. Everyone is getting comfortable again. 9/11 happened nearly a decade ago and the public and a new generation of responders were in need of being reminded.

I'm not bright enough to expand this to the next level. False flag, actual terrorism, who knows? It does seem a lot of trouble to go to with no "bang" for your buck. Crude does not ring true in my mind, purposefully clumsy is what I think. There was too much ingenuity with how this was done to think that the only thing that was wrong was the triggering.

What I can imagine is that NYC might be headed back to lines of trucks entering tunnels and bridges waiting for inspection. Perhaps mid-town being off limits during prime hours to trucks and SUVs. Deliveries during specific hours only. The mayor has had a bug up his butt for limiting traffic since he took office. There's a lot of control that could be implemented from such an event. And any proposal will be reasonable considering the possible damage from an event such as this coming to fruition. Will police and EMS workers strike or demand higher wages and no personnel cuts in this tough economy? That was going to happen prior to this, imagine the outrage of these unions now. And the taxpayers will be frightened into agreeing with the unions.

The actual "impact" of this incident has yet to be felt.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Couple of new articles on this since we last discussed it.

Also, for those of you who may not know, the reason "this" ATS mod posted what I did in my previous post, was because I know first hand the terrorists TTPs, from my time in Iraq.

Update On Breaking News On NYC Evacuation, Car Bomb Was The Cause

Report: Taliban claims responsibility for NY car bomb

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There have been several web cam sites (EarthCam, CamVista, TimesSquare2.com, etc.) that have shown footage (and shared it with the MSM) of the responders and the evacuation of Time Square but none of the moment the vehicle with the explosives was placed there. Why?

Wouldn't it be a simple task to just go back to the footage prior to when the vehicle was first noticed, zoom in and see who placed the vehicle? Someone's machine somewhere was capturing it (if not the servers at the sites where the web cams stream the video), right?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So, I happened to be in front of a TV about an hour ago or so and CBS News was on (I happen to be not far from where the SUV was from). They were already saying that this was most likely not linked to international terrorism but rather some lone wolf and then went on to describe a "person of interest" as being white. It won't be long before they blame this on either tea-baggers or conspiracy theorists and then enact legislation to take more of our rights/liberties away and discredit whatever movement of their choosing in a so-called "knee-jerk" reaction that I suspect won't be very "knee-jerk" at all. I'm curious as to who they are going to pin this on. It's just hard for me to take TPTB seriously when it comes to situations such as these and I have a hard time believing that this was any real threat from someone other than TPTB.
--airspoon

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Here are the photos of the "investigation site", where the alleged bomber was questioned.

Sibel Edmonds, the FBI interpreter, may have had a chance to forewarn people of the domestic terrorism threat. But since they put a burn notice in her in 02, it has been difficult to get the word out. At least now the connections are being made, and TPTB are scrambling to cover up her story.

Too bad the cat is out of the bag.

Times Square Car Bomber Interrogation Site

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join