It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: New York's Times Square evacuated for emergency probe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

This looks like another attempt to scare the American people and take more of our rights away. It's more than obvious why these things keep failing. If they actually succeeded, we would blame our rulers but if they fail, not only are we still scared but we also tend to praise our rulers. They get the same benefit either way, us being scared into submission. Just my 2 cents.
--airspoon

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Thats exactly what the guy on MSNBC was saying, usually these have multiple charges planted, God help us if another goes off with all those police and fireman in there.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
See this is why I like this website most of the time. People understand the world better than the average Joe shmo so they think a little before reacting. All I can say is this should be front page news on here instead of somthing on Big Foot or UFO's

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
who would ruin a perfectly good suv with measly propane tanks and black powder?

somebody with money to throw around apparently.

100 million dollars says they blame it on teaparty "member". as if normal people have spare SUV's to blowup...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
What I find strange is MSNB is the ONLY news channel covering this live. CNN has Larry King and Fox is talking about immigration. VERY STRANGE! This is HUGE news people! This could have been extremely disastrous if it would have exploded.

The news channels are staffed by skeleton crews on weekends. Actually, I'm surprised MSNBC was the first on the story, because they are usually the last since on the weekend MSNBC becomes the Prison Channel (basically). They usually don't have any reporters actually in the offices and it can take them hours to get up on a "breaking" story. It's kind of pathetic, actually (on the part of all three "24 hour news channels."

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Either a tea-bagger or a "conspiracy theorist". Which ever group they try to discredit is really anyone's guess but I guess we will find out soon enough. My money is on either of the two listed above.
--airspoon

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by LurkerMan

Either a tea-bagger or a "conspiracy theorist". Which ever group they try to discredit is really anyone's guess but I guess we will find out soon enough. My money is on either of the two listed above.
--airspoon

I'd state us conspiracy theorists. They already stated that we are a threat. A mainstream media and their BS.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Black powder and propane?!!!
I suppose they will tell us there was a cannister of aids virus in there too.
Personally since we now have been told al quida doesn't exist i know who the culprit is.

THE SUPER DEVIL!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
False flag alert! lol knew this was comin...they don't care how many lives they put in danger and what I mean by "they" is your beloved government and the UN...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There is also the concept that this "alleged" car bomber/s, was testing reaction times and procedures, to gain intel on the sop's for these types of incidents.

To maximize impact of attack, experienced terrorists will deploy a decoy ied and have secondary, real ied's positioned in the vicinty of where responders are expected to be located and or standing off in.

Hence why an initial blast, is to lure the target/s into the intended attack point. Then a secondary attack occurs after responders arrive on site...in turn causing more casualties as intended.

It is how terrorists have managed to get more bang out of their buck.

That is at least, how I can best explain it and keep it simple.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

That is what they often do in Iraq. Deploy an ied to either divert the convoy into an ambush or to set more off targeting the responders, at least until the SOP changed to reflect that tactic. Yet, I have a hard time believing that this is nothing more than TPTB trying to scare us into submission. Of course there isn't enough data at this point but that is my initial thought anyway.
--airspoon

Edited for grammar.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
I for one think that its just another failed attempt into scaring the public into thinking theres a terrorist on every corner and under every rock but thats just me...

Indeed.
you got it friend.

that is why they keep "failing"
because they are not meant to work in the first place..
only to instill more fear.

Very easy to 'smell' these things anymore.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
SO they found consumer grade fireworks that you can buy in Pennsylvania and take across the NewYork border... Lets not forget the Propane and Gasoline...WOW this sounds like the same far out stories they concocted when 9/11 happened. I wonder who is writing there scripts. Then theres the International ID card they want to amend for the new Arizona immigration law, and lets not forget that DAWN DISHSOAP COMMERICAL that came out around a week or two before the Oil spill in the Gulf. Some strange things are happening indeed

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Moose318]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Sounds suspicious.

I think it'll be classed as home grown terrorism.
Propane cans, im sure thats what people in the IRA use in the UK.
So terrorists all have the same dirty methods.
Its location needs to be taken into accout too, how it was on Times Square.
Thats pretty much Center stage New York, so if something happens there, the whole world will know and its a statement for intent for terrorists.
But due to the nature of this, like previously said, if its some nut trying to get a message across due to Immegration/Tea Party/Conspiracy paranoia it wouldnt be suprising.

I hope its not a decoy though, and hope nobody gets hurt.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have to say if your smart enough to get a bomb in a car thats not licensed to you, in time square with a bomb in it, and get out of the area with out being nabbed... You'd be smart enough to look up plans to make a bomb that works. One that works wells. Shoot most people who went to high school before 1990 learn how to make a bomb in science class.
My take is this is another Gov/ NWO / WHATEVER ploy to bring public opinion back to where we believe that they are there to protect us. Just as (/11, Oklahoma, and the 1st world trade center bombing did. Poor america, always being attacked, Blah blah blah.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In the press conference it was first stated by the Mayer that the initial report came from a citizen who walked up to a mounted police officer and gave the report. THEN someone else said the very same inital report came in by 911..

I am telling what.. this is a gov setup. why?
1: too much detail too early and too quick.. to much detail to fast
2: if you want to build a case and catch someone you don't tell the world everything at once
3: why is the nypd still involved in the investigation, this should have been popped up by the fbi right away or even homeland security
4: another "failed" attempted.
5: first it was a car out of place now it was reported as a possible car fire.
6: other inter-agencies were "notified" upon notification to the fbi a press freeze is ALWAYS in order by the feds till they can come up with what is acceptable for release to the public.

there is just too much BS in all of this. again like a previous post, its the underwear bomber that help to introduce those new scanners to scan people coming into the usa. what about people already IN the USA? traveling from outside the usa, only one carry on... but we can still take two in the USA and limited scanning... and 911 attacked happened from within US SOIL!!!

Don't worry Obama we got your number!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Any idiots knows if there going to build a device then at least make sure it's not traceable back to the origional source from where the materials were obtained from.

Obvious a False-Flag or just a lone nut with not much else better to do.

Al Qaeda have "attacked" in waves aswell, this is their signature. Any other "terrorist" incident that involves singular bombings is simply followers or Ops planted events.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Link~www.telegraph.co.uk...

seems it might have something to do with southpark.

regards

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
For the people that keep saying that "terrorists" did this...you are seriously brain damaged, terrorists don't exists...Time for you to accept what YOUR government is doing, It's a game to these people..Just scare tactics..Seems like it's working for the idiots.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this whole thing is BS! & the whole blame it on the south park thing is outrageous! No i'm not a muslim and i'm not defending anyone here but anyone who reads that article (about south park) can smell the BS...especially how they hint 9/11 and then randomly give an example of a supposedly failed terrorism attack of the Tiger Tiger bombings...when will this whole thing about terrorism end -.- the only terrorists are those who "prevent" terrorism

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join