posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
There is a reason why the Founders set up a republic and not a democracy! And why the constitution does not mention the word democracy. Here is a good
overview by the late great Aaron Russo:
Also WE ARE NOT A "DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC" we are a union of several state republics. The federal government was never meant to and does not have the
vast authority it unlawfully assumes to regulate every aspect of our daily lives via some contrived democracy.
The Founding Fathers deplored democracy!
As a people we are largely ignorant of our own history and floundering because of it!
Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution lists the powers enumerated to the Federal government of which there are only 17. Most people realize now that
those 17 have been far exceeded. What most people don't realize is most of those have nothing whatsoever to do with the people or the men and women
themselves. For instance regulating commerce between the states had nothing to do with Joe blow selling something to John doe in another state. It
only had to do with the state governments trading with other state governments.
Even if you disagree with that it is plain congress has no right to pass laws regarding what health care if any you choose to use or implement an
national police force or regulate energy etc. etc.. If you want to see a Witch doctor for an aliment that is your business! Or whether you wear a set
belt or grow a certain type plant in your yard etc. The basic foundation of the law is "oppress no one". As long as you are not oppressing, harming,
or violating anyone's rights, there is no crime period!
Even most of the state organic Constitutions have something to the effect that all political power is inherent in the people. That is what so many
Americans have forgotten or rather have no memory of. All the things like Health care and the bailouts and individual taxes etc, etc, are completely
outside the scope of authority of Congress, the President, the Supreme court, and even the state governments. The Constitution in article 4 promises a
republican form of government not a democracy.
What happened? How has this been erased from the collective memory of the American mindset? It started almost from the beginning however the turning
point was the Buck Act in 1935. Where everything was flipped from the republic to a Federal Municipal Corporate Democracy and no one said no. Now for
almost 80 years no one except a very few have said no and silence is considered acquiescence. If you as a group of people picked a delegate to
represent lets say your district as a group and at the meeting and you were all there and your delegate stood up and spoke in favor of a measure
totally against your collective will and all of you said or did nothing to stop your delegate from going against your will and the measure was passed
would that not be tacit agreement? Well that is how socialist democracy has been approved of in this country. Not enough said no and everyone has
accepted the benefits of the democracy in place of their sovereign rights. In short most of what congress does it has no authority to do at all and
does not apply to the men and women themselves accept by your own tacit agreement. NO ONE IS SAYING; NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY.
Everyone is running around saying oh we have to vote them out instead. Don't you just love democracy...?
Now we have several generations who seem to think congress and even their state legislatures has a right to vote on every aspect of their lives when
they do not. And now everyone is running around trying to get 51% on their side so they can tell the other 49% what to do. Continuing to participate
in the democracy perpetuates it and perpetuates the ever increasing misery it is causing. DEMOCRACY IS THE PROBLEM NOT THE ANSWER.
Now most informed people will agree with this premise in principle but then will turn around and say yeah but if we do not participate [ in the
democracy] we will loose all control. What many don't realize is we have already lost all control and because of our participation in democracy and
our leaving the republican form, that is why we seem to be in such an impossible situation. Sort of like being on a hamster wheel. We keep running on
the wheel but getting nowhere except increasingly exhausted and frustrated but are afraid to get off because we see nowhere else to go and fear if the
wheel stops turning we will have nothing left but the walls of the cage to look at.
So what is the solution. The solution is to repopulate the republic and began to operate as the men and women who built this nation once did. That is
to assemble on our counties and judicial districts of tens of fifties, and hundreds. etc. this may seem foreign to many because as I said most have no
memory of operating on the republics. So the answer is to learn how to do it peacefully and orderly and let the democracy die of attrition.
[edit on 1-5-2010 by hawkiye]