It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you think the MSM isn't just another arm of the Corporate Government, think again. Uno de Mayo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Once again, more proof that anything the Federal Government wants you to see will be plastered all over the MSM and everything else is suppressed. That goes for ALL of them. MSNBC, FOX, CBS, ABC... every single one.

The G20? Not a peep... a total and complete media blackout, not a single live satellite feed came out of Pittsburgh after the first day. I know, because I scanned all the birds carrying them at least 6 times.

The recent gun rally? Nothing, zilch, nada. There wasn't so much as a tiny article on any mainstream media website until after it was all over, then only a one paragraph piece way down the page. I actually had to tune into Russia Today on Sat G25 to get any info on it. They had a 45 minute segment, complete with on site interviews and a pro/con debate between the anchors.

Today, on the other hand, the Government wants you to see something, the immigration rallies.

Thanks to the new law in Arizona, which threw a wrench in the Democrats plans to basically grant amnesty to the 10.8 million estimated illegals here in the U.S., the marches are turning out quite the crowd. CNN has live coverage on their website, it's the main story on Fox, and I'm sure every other major outlet will make it bigger than the recent oil spill.

While I'd bet my bank account they only wish to show you how peaceful and important it is, I'll be scanning all the feeds and am currently recording everything I catch. My guess is that any disruption, violence, or negativity will be downplayed to the extreme by the major media.

If it's caught on camera, and not shown on the news tonight, I'll make sure ATS gets to see it here in this thread. The crowds are huge, the feeds abundant, and the film's at 11.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by lernmore]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What makes this ironic is that the people who "think" that the media is free from government influence/control, do not "think" in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

I think you'd be surprised.

Most people are so focused on the "Fox is Right", "MSNBC is Left" issue that they fail to see the bigger reality, and the fact that it all seems to be controlled by the same entity.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Stop watching it. Get your family and friends to stop watching it. Show them other country's news - RT is an excellent start. Or show them actual news generated in the U.S., but not on bobble head live (too many to mention, but ATS is a good start). Really, all ya gotta do is spark their own will and drive to expand their consciousness. Let them know why it's called an idiot box.

Whether they thought it would or not, it soon becomes nothing but background noise (as all fodder should be), and material to study which indicates your true enemies state of mind and strategy. Not one ounce more.

The boycott of America's mainstream news is not only in our best interest, but is prerequisite to success in any area of the mind.

Mainstream Media's only mission is to spread cowardice (thus the origin of the phrase "Yellow" journalism), and consolidate assets.

EDIT: Clrfctn

[edit on 1-5-2010 by lagnar]

new topics

top topics

join