It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Email From Author Of Arizona Law Reveals Intent To Cast Wide Net Against Latinos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Mexican immigration laws are far more severe than America's. How come nobody is calling them Nazis?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by asd10

No I am not a liberal.

And that whole slippery slope Nazi reference is really getting old now.

It was not a Nazi reference, read the poem.
Read what it says not when it was written.

I did not post that poem to compare the immigration law to nazism

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian and Lutheran pastor, best known as the author of the poem First they came....

then you say

It was not a Nazi reference, read the poem.
Read what it says not when it was written.

I did not post that poem to compare the immigration law to nazism

Thus proving you are unable to take on board any logical arguments and you blindly lie and say whatever you want even though you are clearly using a nazi reference.

I didn't want to write back and I wont anymore,

But you have just proven and revealed yourself as a troll.

In Germany

[edit on 2-5-2010 by asd10]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by asd10

Open your mind and understand the message of the poem
THE MESSAGE not the scenery!!!

Unless you are like 12yrs old I don't see how this is rocket science

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I just want to point out that it is you that inserted race into that email. Nowhere in it did even come up, or were Latinos mentioned. Your brain added in the reference and you chose to view it that way. Hence the 'wide net against Latinos' commentary. Seems like on one side, people are saying this isn't about race at all, but about crime prevention, draining of social service accounts by illegals, enforcement of EXISTING law, etc. On the other side, all they see is race, racism and bigotry. To this group, it doesn't matter what the law says, or people try to explain they don't care what race a person is that gets arrested for being here illegally. They only see race. Which is ironic since they are the ones calling others racist.

Here are some relevant statistics:

- 40% of illegal immigrants have violent crime histories
- 77% have serious crime histories
- More than 43% of all Food Stamps issued are to illegal immigrants.
- More than 41% of all unemployment checks issued in the United States are to illegal immigrants.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I hear a lot of people yelling "racism" but where are the people defending the ACTUAL citizens of the USA who are being slaughtered on the Mexico border? I do not care one iota about racial profiling. If it is going to save lives of ACTUAL AMERICAN CITIZENS then whats the big deal? Why are we protecting illegals who pay no taxes, steal jobs from Americans, kill Americans, kidnap Americans, smuggle drugs into America, cost the tax payer billions of dollars each year, and the list goes on and on. THEY are here Illegally. If I were to go out and commit a felony, are people going to march in the street for me? Hell No. So what are people doing advocating for the lawbreakers?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seems to me people aren't bothering to look at the actual source here. The title of this thread is the title of the article on the page linked, as per the rules in the BPN section of the boards. MA isn't a troll for following the title rules.

Back to the actual issue of the OP, this is ridiculous. It's no longer lawful contact, it's now a stop, detention or arrest? It doesn't take a law being broken to be stopped by police. I was once stopped for smoking a cigarette while walking down a public street based on my physical appearance. Wasn't breaking any laws, but I was still stopped based on one cops judgment of my physical appearance.

There's not a doubt in my mind this law will be used to target people of Hispanic descent. Anyone who claims they won't just isn't thinking this through to it's logical conclusion. Arizona isn't exactly having problems with illegal immigrants from Britain, they're having problems with illegal immigrants from Mexico. (In case anyone missed it, they're Hispanic.) Who do you think they'll be asking for proof of citizenship? Sure won't be white people. I'll be surprised if they ask anyone who's black. It'll be the Hispanic population and anyone who looks like they might be Hispanic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join