It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Ministry Finds that Fluoridation Does Not Reduce Tooth Decay

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Despite dental pressure, 99% of western continental Europe has rejected, banned, or stopped fluoridation due to environmental, health, legal, or ethical concerns Only about 5% of the world population is fluoridated and more than 50% of these people live in North America.
www.fluoridation.com...

That pretty much says it all. Flouride/Chlorine/Bromine and a lack of Iodine = prescription for disaster.

Edit to add: Even China banned it!

[edit on 1-5-2010 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I drink ARROWHEAD everyday. Ah man.

I haven't drank soda in 6 months. Nothing but water for me. Way to ruin my life.
I lost weight too.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Before I knew what flouride was, I took it because my dentist "told me so". Who was I to argue?

A couple of years ago, thanks to ATS, I saw flouride for what it really was and quit taking it. (Quick note, I never liked the stuff and thought it tasted *bad for you*.) I urged everyone else I knew to stop taking it, some listened and some didn't.

My kid while with me, is not allowed to take any sort of flouride tablets. However, when at the mom's, it's demanded. I'ved told my ex a million times, sent her links like crazy yet she just won't listen and brushes me off as a loon.

Thanks for posting this, starred and flagged. Will email it to everyone I know ASAP.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just a little quote I found when emailing my state government to look deeper intot eh available information before finalising their poisoning of my water supply.

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual’s power to resist domination, by slowly poisoning and narcotizing a certain area of the brain, thus making him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him,” the chemist Charles Perkins wrote to the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on 2 October 1954."

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Other than the below quote no one has been able to show me that fluoride was ACTUALLY used by the Nazis or Russians to control prisoners. There is literally nothing else on the internet as far as I can tell to prove that it was used for such purposes. Just that one hearsay statement. No evidence as how it was obtained,how much was used, how it was added to the water,etc.
Yes I am against putting fluoride in the drinking water.

"Mr. Dickinson reveals that, "At the end of the Second World War, the United States Government sent Charles Elliot Perkins, a research worker in chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology, to take charge of the vast Farven chemical plants in Germany. While there, he was told by German chemists of a scheme which had been worked out by them during the war and adopted by the German General Staff. This scheme was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water. In this scheme, sodium fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him. Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile."

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It seems to follow that since the United States is the most heavily fluoridated that they just might allow their gov't to start endless wars against 'no one in particular', send all their jobs overseas, take their constitutional freedoms in the name of 'patriotism', print and transfer the peoples wealth to oligarchs, etc, etc

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well be, the media has finally realised that too many people are cottoning on to the fact that fluoride is not good for us, so as usual, they come out with the "We have only just discovered via new research" line, instead of the truth - "We have known all along."

You see, fluoridation of the water to TPTB is like hitting two birds with one stone - for one, fluoride helps to destroy enamel and damage teeth, thereby giving the dentists a steady income when people come in complaining about tooth problems, and secondly, it dumbs people down. Thats right - fluoride is a constituent in Prozac, because it is a pacifier; it turns people into zombies. So the psychological effects are important to help control the population, as well as usurp their money for dental problems that never needed to occur, were we not poisoned in out water supply.

To anyone out there who is looking for a way to avoid fluoridated tap water, which is very hard, this is what I do to get around that problem. Firstly, the bulk of what i drink, is celery juice, juiced in a Juicing Machine. It takes a bit of prep time, but no more than an average meal, and you don't need as much juice as you would water in a day. What a lot of people don't know, is that celery juice is four times as hydrating as water, so you only need about a quarter of it in volume to feel satisfied. Since celery juice by itself is pretty bland, i always add stevia to it, which is a natural sweetener (with no carcinogenic aspartame like the commercially made ones). Most health shops would sell this. Secondly, when i'm hungry, i try to eat a lot of high water content food, to keep my liquid consumption up, apples chilled in the fridge are my favourite, but any other fruit that is mainly liquid works well (e.g. not bananas). Watermelons are also great for this purpose when in season.

If you really like coffee and hot drinks, research in the area you live, and find out what distilled/mineral water companies are out there who sell water. You don't need that much, one 10 litre tank goes far and it is worth it. But be sure that the water they use either comes straight from the ground, and has not come into contact with any chemicals, or has gone through a water filtering process called reverse osmosis, which as far as i know, is the only one that tackles fluoride, as it is extremely difficult to get rid of, once mixed in the water.

Remember, doing nothing to lessen the amount of fluoride consumption (and remember all commercially made drinks, orange juice, coke, etc, all contain tap water, hence fluoride) will over time slowly erode away at your tooth enamel. It is a slow process, but the problems associated later in life are best prevented and avoided. If you start to notice white spots on your teeth appearing, thats fluoride poisoning, so that should be a sign to stop drinking tap water.

Lets all hope TPTB someday stop poisoning the masses and allow us to drink chemical free, pure, natural water, that doesn't make us sick, like we were meant to.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I love tap water. I love the taste of it . And I have been drinking it for the last 2 years . Its not effected my IQ any .

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

You can get water from many sources like fruits, fruit juice, tea, soft drinks, and some foods; however, the more plain water you drink the better.
About caffeine drinks, yes, they contain water but caffeine dehydrates the body, so it defeats the purpose of the water.

Water makes up more than two thirds of the weight of the human body, and without it, we would die in a few days. The human brain is made up of 95% water, blood is 82% and lungs 90%. A mere 2% drop in our body's water supply can trigger signs of dehydration: fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on smaller print, such as a computer screen. (Are you having trouble reading this? Drink up!) Mild dehydration is also one of the most common causes of daytime fatigue. An estimated seventy-five percent of Americans have mild, chronic dehydration. Pretty scary statistic for a developed country where water is readily available through the tap or bottle.

www.freedrinkingwater.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan_pwner
i don't believe that this is entirely true because in the villages of Alaska most of the squaws have really jacked teeth and decaying but in anchorage were there is fluoride in the water people have not so decayed teeth. why would the "government" or whoever spend money on fluoride to slowly poison people just to make them less educated or slower? if they wanted people dumber there wouldn't be school funding.

They are really lowering IQs and the education system in the US public schools is not the highest quality. But they proved years ago that flouride did nothing for your teeth. Western Canada does not flouridate the water but the East does, and the studies on teeth years ago showed the West had the strongest enamel.

Its pure poison, rats poison, the most poisonous substance there is practically. You would never put it in your mouth, even if you don't swallow you would never put it near your membranes under your tongue.

The case of the natives actually meant, that in the study, they were brushing.

They often pull slight of hand like that. They didn't prove cause and effect. Because they mislabled the cause. Its typical.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Why on earth are we being FORCED to consume fluoride in all of our water supplies?!?

Quoted for relevance. Fluoride derivatives are in PROZAC...meaning we as a populace are being given psychotropics without our knowledge and consent...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndersonLee
I love tap water. I love the taste of it . And I have been drinking it for the last 2 years . Its not effected my IQ any .

Define your IQ...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I drink SmartWater- it's fluoride-free.

I grew up in a heavily fluoridated area. When I joined the military (they poison our food to make us submissive in boot camp. don't get me started) I was transferred to a location with no fluoride in the water. I had always had bad teeth before, but since I stopped drinking poisoned water, I haven't had a single cavity.

I've noticed a huge improvement in other parts of me as well. Like how I can think better and actually finish tasks, as well as focus on homework and write a term paper that actually makes sense and ties the beginning to the end way better than before.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Everyone is thinking it affects your IQ, I believe it affects your apathy. We don't care like we should. Watch the news. Most people don't care anymore. They absolutely resist and say there is no way anyone would do this. It's doing it's job, making us apathetic to our surroundings. We are for the most part naturally peaceful. We are when we are young until we learn otherwise. The first thing they tell you to give your child is fluoridate water at about the age of 1. You wanna tell me that the Gov. cares about or teeth that much? Why not free dental also then if they care about my cavities? Why didn't they flip my braces bill then? Remember the Mercury in fillings? That was a good idea at one time to until it was linked to brain, kidney, and immune system damage in children.
You do what you want to do. It doesn't harm anyone I don't consume fluoride. They have toothpaste without fluoride and I'm on a well. Let my teeth fall out. They make fake ones.

Let me hear you say it. "Baaaaaa!"

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lobster

From what you said about being able to study better makes me wonder if there is a link to ADHD? It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I remember when I just moved to New Zealand the water tasted quiet different, I knew they added something to it which was suppose to do good, but here we go ^^

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this to the discussion:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
My personal feeling is that it primarily has something to do with consciousness, such as David Icke suggests, sort of a "repressor" of consciousness awakening, via fluoride infiltrating and calcifying the pineal gland.

Fluoride is really unhealthy. So, they're obviously not forcing fluoride on us for our health.

Fluoride: Poisoning the Well

I agree that fluoride somehow keeps people asleep. I wasn't able to wake up until I got off of fluoride for about 9 months. My personal feeling, apart from calcifying the pineal, is that it lowers the energy, & keeps people asleep that way. I don't really understand the mechanism, but I strongly feel it's used as a type of sedative (same thing goes for meat, IMO).

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Point? Adding Fluoride to the water is only suppose to help those not caring for their teeth. Nobody said Fluoride is going to improve tooth enamel in people who brush their teeth regularly.

So lets be honest, how many people do you honestly think weren't brushing their teeth at all?

So me my friends and family are exposed to this vile systemic poison every time we use tap water, in the hope,based on flawed science, that it may help some kids with sh!t parents.

Laudable aim but wouldn't it be cheaper to mandate teeth brushing at school or even provide a social worker or test the kids in question and stop benefits of parents whose kids showed no sign of brushing?

Next time I move hopefully this year a lack of a fluoridated water supply will be a, possibly the, main factor in my choice of district, I have a British Berfield filter system but I just wana use the tap every so often.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

I have no link but I read that the continental EU were reviewing fluoride and could stop pretty much all British food and drink products because they were contaminated with fluoride like beer, cheese, fish fingers type of stuff anything that came into contact with British water during production.

The joys of living in the Evil Empire, oh how they care for our teeth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join