It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Photo ID a Prerequisite to Live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Is a photo ID mandatory to live in this world? As far as I know all people over 18 just normally, as a way of life, have something like this.

Now it seems you really have to jump over barrels to renew your ID. Some states require a handful of proof--birth certificate, social security card, electric bills, credit cards, etc.

If you don't drive, then you are expected to have a state ID which requires just as much back-up.

I have the back-up; that's not the problem. Fact is, I am hearing that these pieces of ID such as social security and birth certificates are actually contractual items in themselves in which all terms have not been disclosed out right. This makes me hesitant to go along with the program.

Can anyone tell me what is the ramification in conceding to these requests in order to maintain state issued identification?

If you do not drive, is there an acceptable alternative to having a state issued photo ID? Would I be considered an "illegal alien" if I have no ID?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Sadly, without identification, you probably wouldn't be able to participate in mainstream society. You would have to live in the forest, or move from place to place like a drifter. Even then, it probably wouldn't work as you would be asked eventually to prove to authorities who you say you are.

It is about as far from true freedom as one can possibly get. You must prove to us you are legally entitled to be here, or you are a criminal. It is basically guilty until proven innocent. I don't think that anyone should be forced to produce identification when they are asked. It is really none of their business. Perhaps I left my wallet at home. Does that make me a criminal? Not in my eyes. In a truly free world, identification would be ripped to shreds. I shouldn't have to prove who I am to anyone. I am a human being. If that is not good enough, then too bloody bad.

As it is, I think we all have more than enough identification to prove who we are. Not that we should have to prove to fellow human beings who we are in the first place. Now they want to issue us yet another form of identification that they claim will make our nations safer? Sure they will. Nothing more than a convienient excuse to force even more beaurocracy and legislation down our throats.

We have given fellow human beings the right to dictate every aspect of our lives, and this is just one of the results of such a mistake.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I use my passport, luckily mine was gotten before the chipping but I will still have to renew it in 2015!! xD

Passport is usually your one stop thing to prove citizenship. It can be swiped like a credit card and everything about you seen in an instant.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Can anyone tell me what is the ramification in conceding to these requests in order to maintain state issued identification?

That is a great question! Unfortunately I haven't a clue as to the answer about the ramifications and I hope some members can address this.

I agree with the above poster about a passport, it's really a great piece of id - plus there's a bit of added value when you pull it out somewhere other than the airport judging by reactions I've encountered.

The new AZ law notwithstanding, I've never encountered a need for a photo id unless participating in a regulated activity like opening a bank account, air travel, driving - of course, I'm way too old to need one to buy alcohol and don't write checks anymore. We have a failure-to-identify law here that requires you to identify yourself if requested by a LEO - usually your name and address will suffice, it's a bonus if you can remember your social security number. But for the most part I don't carry anything unless participating in a regulated activity (driving).

gj

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
We have a failure-to-identify law here that requires you to identify yourself if requested by a LEO - usually your name and address will suffice,

Does "failure to identify" mean specifically a lack of state identification with photo?

Can you actually be arrested for not having a state ID?

What is the protocol---is one taken in for fingerprinting and subject to DNA analysis?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Sorry if I was unclear.
Let's say you're a passenger in a car that is involved in a routine traffic stop. Obviously the driver needs a license & insurance (photo id). A passenger needs no photo id - a failure-to-identify would be a refusal to give your name, address, maybe phone number when asked by the LEO.
Failure to identify is generally charged if you're being uncooperative about telling your name, address or (probably) anything else the LEO asks.

In my state you can't be arrested for not having a state id UNLESS you're participating in a regulated activity like driving or carrying a concealed weapon - two activities that require you to have a state issued photo id.

If you are arrested, you'll be fingerprinted. DNA analysis is too expensive and time consuming unless you're suspected of a felony.
Hope those answers help.

gj

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Is a photo ID mandatory to live in this world? As far as I know all people over 18 just normally, as a way of life, have something like this.

Now it seems you really have to jump over barrels to renew your ID. Some states require a handful of proof--birth certificate, social security card, electric bills, credit cards, etc.

If you don't drive, then you are expected to have a state ID which requires just as much back-up.

I have the back-up; that's not the problem. Fact is, I am hearing that these pieces of ID such as social security and birth certificates are actually contractual items in themselves in which all terms have not been disclosed out right. This makes me hesitant to go along with the program.

If you do not drive, is there an acceptable alternative to having a state issued photo ID? Would I be considered an "illegal alien" if I have no ID?

Hey there! You, sir, have stumbled upon one of the biggest pieces of the picture! Your "ID" is actually a corporation, or a fictional entity. It's created at birth when your parents register you, and place you under Big Brother's arm, as chattel. This is known as your STRAWMAN, or Person, and it is ALWAYS IN CAPITAL LETTER, like any corporation. This is not you, don't ever forget that. This person is a government employee, and subjugates you under 50 000 Acts and Statutes, or the rules of your employer. The birth certificate itself is known as a Ceste Que trust, and it is worth millions, and it is under the control of some douchebag acting as a fiduciary, since you are considered an 'infant' to the state. 'Infant' coming from the latin word 'Infans', meaning unable to speak. ***

Find and read Mary Croft's 'How I Clobbered Every Cash Confiscatory and Bureaucratic Agency Known to Mankind", Jordon Maxwell also can be quite informative, as can Winston Shrout.. the latter being much more relative than the former, albeit they both are important figures with some important information.

Start digging, brother. Good luck.

They are using your trust to borrow trillions, and this is how you are responsible for the national debt, even though you have no say in what is happening.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You don't need a license to drive. That implies you are acting in commerce, and you require licensing. A human being has the right to travel.

www.youtube.com...

________

Get a Black's Law Dictionary, 8th edition is probably best, though I have first and second just in case.

pdf should be available somewhere

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's amazing how this information remains unknown.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
For a few years all I used was my passport. Worked for me in any instance I was asked for ID of some sort.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
This person is a government employee, and subjugates you under 50 000 Acts and Statutes, or the rules of your employer. The birth certificate itself is known as a Ceste Que trust, and it is worth millions,
They are using your trust to borrow trillions, and this is how you are responsible for the national debt, even though you have no say in what is happening.

I have heard "the rumors" such as what you state. I have never seen anyone prove conclusively that this is so. I am aware of several threads here that all reveal this to be unsubstantiated rumor.

However, if you have some conclusive proof that showing birth certificate and SS is an act of conceding to such acts and statues, that would answer my question concerning undisclosed ramifications of using this ID.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You don't need a license to drive. That implies you are acting in commerce, and you require licensing. A human being has the right to travel.

I didn't think much of your video reference. I think that people who drive should have insurance because it's the responsible thing to do.

I also think that if a road or highway belongs to the state that they probably have the right to make the rules of who can drive on it--- thus, eye exams and road rule tests. Just like the fact that bicycles and pedestrians are not allowed on the freeways---one cannot be "free to travel" in that instance.

"Right to travel" may not necessarily mean "right to drive a vehicle" on a federal or state highway. "Right to travel" and mode of travel may still be restricted on certain highways.

Basically, I would like to know "what unknown agreement" am I really signing into with obtaining a state issued ID or drivers license.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Basically, I would like to know "what unknown agreement" am I really signing into with obtaining a state issued ID or drivers license.
reply to post by Alethea

The agreement where you are allowed to buy alcohol.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The birth certificate itself is known as a Ceste Que trust, and it is worth millions, and it is under the control of some douchebag acting as a fiduciary

This refuses to die -.-

Who is the fiduciary in this instance?

It sounds like this member is from this site: yourpto.com...

Please don't let him take your money. This is a SCAM.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by scwizard]

new topics

top topics

join