It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona deputy shot; illegal immigrants suspected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Arizona deputy shot; illegal immigrants suspected

news.yahoo.com

PHOENIX – A veteran sheriff's deputy was shot and wounded Friday after encountering a group of suspected illegal immigrants who apparently had been hauling bales of marijuana along a major smuggling corridor in the Arizona desert — a violent episode that comes amid a heated national debate over immigration.

State and federal law enforcement agencies deployed helicopters and scores of officers in pursuit of the suspects after the deputy was shot with an AK-47 on Friday afternoon, and the search continued into the night. Deputy Louie Puroll, 53, had a chunk of skin torn from just above h
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well thank goodness he survived. I guess this throws out the notion that the illegals are leaving the state in droves as reported earlier. While that may be the case for the actual worker types, these scum bag criminals think they can have the run of things.

It's time to place minefields and .50 cal watchtowers across the border, let's see them shoot back then.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
My quote from another thread:

Oh wait... crap I change my mind I'm 100% against this bill. I'm not scared over RFID chips.. It's the fact that I bet they want to cause an uprising. If they are having trouble getting all the "patriots" to uprise (too much fluoride XD)... then they go after the unruly Mexican populations. If the Mexicans result in warfare and rioting, it gives the perfect excuse to call in U.N. troops for "peace keeping"... I'm sure the better half of us know what the code-words "peace keeping" REALLY mean. uhhuh

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Looks like AZ is the place to go for an AK

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Perhaps we should ummm IDK, take MJ off the Schedule 1 listing that it currently has? Just a thought. Hope AZ stays the course though.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Perhaps we should ummm IDK, take MJ off the Schedule 1 listing that it currently has? Just a thought. Hope AZ stays the course though.
... but, think of the children ventian, think of the children.

/

I can hardly imagine how this country would change if Mary J were dropped to a lower scheduling, or heaven forbid legalised.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I wonder why the news agencies seem to ignore the horrific crimes commited by Americans, against each other, and against the police, and instead, choose to focus on crimes commited by illegal immigrants? Could it be to further the spread of hate and resentment? Why the need to clarify the suspect as an illegal migrant? Crimes against the police have been happening for decades in the US.

It is a shame that the organized criminals have tarnished the image of the rest of the Mexican people who are only in America to provide a better life for their families back home.

The media chooses to place incidences like these in the spotlight while placing an emphasis on "illegal immigrant" in order to stir up more anger, hatred and resentment. They do the same in every country throughout the world. Make it appear as though the "newcomers" are responsible for the majority of crime. This, of course, leads to friction and animosity, which is of course, exactly what they want. Objective achieved.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Illegal immigrants are now the new jews in america.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
Illegal immigrants are now the new jews in america.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by ickylevel]

......Being lead through the desert to the promised land ?

=============================================

As somebody posted already - Target some of the product moving through the region. I saw a figure stating M.J represented 60 % of the total drug revenue south of the border . That is quite a chuck of change - any business would find it difficult to take a 60% loss in revenue.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Seems funny they would say he was shot by an "illegal alien" when he was shot by drug smugglers. It's like they're tryin to lump the son coming to work for his family in with the drug runners.

After years of the media sugar coating everything with "undocumented worker" and like garbage they now all of a sudden decide to mark them all as evil cop-killing drug runners?

Last night I was watching CNN talk about it and it was as if they hated the illegals. I distinctly remember CNN being part of the whole si se peuda thing a d defending them all.

Let me guess. Since it would be Obamas administration pushing reform it has found new "urgency".

The media doesn't even try to hide it's manipulation anymore.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

the U.S. has become the world's number one producer of fine marijuana, drug war honchos keep bamboozling the U.S. Congress that Mexican cartels are reaping millions moving the yerba into the U.S. market. The truth is that marijuana is a bulky, low-rent drug that necessitates all sorts of costly logistics to traffic into the U.S. and yields little profit for the cartels.

the real money is in coke, black tar, meth and the raw products to make more... most likely the pot was just a decoy, a distraction so they could slip in the real money load in through another route

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You all realize that the quickest way to drum up support for this kind of bill is to create an enemy that it's directed at right?

So we had illegal immigrants, people have bee screaming that they are just like you and me.

Now today, we see them as drug smuggling murderers, who shot a local cop.

Enemy created, support created. Two birds with one stone. I would not be suprised if this is just one of those stories that may not be entirely accurate.

Remember the propaganda campaign for Domestic Terrorism is strong my friends, and they always start with those who aren't native to the country.

~Keeper

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
UPDATE - Source

PHOENIX – Law officers have apprehended 17 suspected illegal immigrants while hunting for suspected smugglers who shot and wounded a sheriff's deputy in a remote desert area 50 miles south of Phoenix.

Pinal County sheriff's Lt. Tamatha Villar says three of those captured match descriptions given by the deputy. They were being questioned Saturday morning.

The violent episode came amid nationwide debate over the state's tough new immigration law.

Deputy Louie Puroll was patrolling alone Friday afternoon near Interstate 8 when he came upon a stash of marijuana bales and five suspected smugglers. Villar says the smugglers opened fire with AK-47 type rifles, and Puroll returned fire.

The wounded deputy radioed for help, setting off a frantic hour-long search before he was located.

Dang, he was lying there shot, alone for an hour. Perhaps we also need better tracking devices for our officers, this just shouldn't have happened.

Of course if the border wasn't so wide open, this wouldn't have happened either.

To the sympathizers on this thread and elsewhere; people do not want Mexico's drug war spilling full force into our country, workers do not want their jobs taken away by cheap illegal labor, and those who have put in the effort to become a true legal citizen do not want to feel slighted by those who break the law while nothing gets done about it.

This story, and other recent events will most likely prove to be the turning point in this "debate". Sweeps are needed, defenses should be erected, crackdowns nationwide on employers are coming, and the LEGAL path to get into this country should be promoted.

The other part is that this is a culture war, an invasion if you will. They march in the streets yelling how this country belongs to them and they will take it over. It's nice to FINALLY see people waking up and taking this seriously. This is not assimilation, why? Because it's happening too fast.

If you know any Mexican families who have been here legally for generations, they speak very good english and are usually hard working, good citizens that have become part of American culture, while retaining their heritage. Not so with the invasion force of illegals, where entire neighborhoods are only Spanish speaking, the signs are all in Spanish (if you have lived in LA the last 30 years, you know), and everything is run down and crime riddled.

The only way to stop all this is to have MASS deportations, close and secure the borders once and for all, and allow those a FAIR path to citizenship equal to what the people from other countries must go through.

There is no nice or easy way to do this, but it must be done. The last thing anyone wants is for the drug war spillover to happen, because then it will be open season on illegals by armed citizens of this country, and there will be no stopping that once the hysteria starts.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They don't need this story.

They can drag up older ones from the past 10 years or so if this is just to garner support for this bill.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last. It just happens to be the first time since this bill was passed.

Look for your made up enemy propaganda somewhere else.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow, so if the poor illegal drug smugglers hadn't shot this cop, it'd be o.k., Nope, don't need a made up enemy they've been here long enough, and they've made the news frequently enough, especially before this was passed to do that job quite well by themselves. This is not a race issue as alot of apologist/traitors are suggesting, but rather the protection of our country and our citizens. The straw has fianlly broken the camels back.......time to go, don't go away mad, just go away.....

top topics

join