It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am i psychic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Okay, I dont really think im psychic as my experiences can be easily attributed to coincidence. But i'll hear what you say.

I remembered when I was younger, I had an urge a particular friend was going to call. True enough, 5 minutes later my friend called saying he was bored and wanted to come over my house. Another incident was more recent when my family was watching horse races, I just had this crazy feeling telling me no.3 would win, and it did came in first.

Well, if you ask me to predict the weather tomorrow or any events, I can't do that. I only can predict something when i had the weird "urge" or intuition that something is going to happen. Though this doesn't happen often as you can see it only happened twice in my life. There could be other isolated incidents though I don't vaguely remember anything else.

Though the craziest thing closest to paranormal (ive ever experienced, my family has other paranormal experiences but i leave it for another day) is having sleep paralysis, though it is a scientific phenomenon lol. I used to have them almost every day till it got to the point that I was afraid to sleep.

At first, I was scared stff(no pun intended), I couldnt move or speak, don't know what the hell was going on and I thought I was going to die or something. But when I got used to it I just "enjoy" the ride, enjoy isn't really the right word but i simply just ride through the sensations.

The sensations are VERY REAL, in fact no different from reality. I felt I was literally floating a few inches above my bed, i had this vibrations over my body and this humming noise in my head.

I remembered vividly a shoe attacking me (hilarious right?), and I ever tried to astral project while in it, and ive seen bright lights and stuff but I never ever did projected or saw my body from a third party perspective. Another interesting thing I remembered was that when I raised my hand (Or I thought I did, but in reality i didnt), I can freaking see through my hand (Or so called hand in my imagination which looks like an transparent hand with jelly texture).

Though I have learned through experience that there is a method to get out of sleep paralysis. Simply, roll your eyes or wriggle your fingers or toes. Amazingly, these are the parts that can move. And will help you awake yourself.

Cheers.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hey Icyboy, ANYONE can be a psychic

But you sound like a natural.. you should practice on it more

Alot of people think you have to be born with the ability... but you dont.. but its a great start..
psychics are able to use apart of there brain that common people dont. with practice and meditation you could be able to read someone like a book in no time.. but in your case.. winning race bets lol.

I hate sleep paralysis.. Ive had it so many times and its scary.. although I havent seen any shadows.. Ive just heard foot steps getting closer to my bed.. Id rather have nightmares..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hello. Uhm I thought that was normal? It happens alot for me and my friends. And I am sure about all I know, can say the same has happend for them, as for you.

Very often we think the same things, and then one of us says it before the other. At first, we said that it happend, but just for fun.. But now, we dont know what to think anymore.. We also just thought it always have been a coincidence, but I dont know.. And same goes for the mobile-phone..

And I can totally understand what you mean about that urge feeling. Its not a bad feeling, more a right feeling I would say.

But I thought that was normal. Have a good day

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by icyboy771z

"Am I psychic?"

Right, I have two words in my head in answer to your question.

The first word: Yes.

The Second word: No.

Lets see if you can use your potential powers to detect which word it is I'm thinking of

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Most definitely an interesting post and something I can personally relate to as what you described such as the sleep paralysis for example is something that used to happen to me on more than one occasion to say the least.

I'll come to that in a second But to your original question...."Am I Psychic?"

In my opinion Yes…

But that's not to say that's because of the experiences you described in your opening post or because your “special” or anything as that's my answer when anybody asks me that question as I strongly believe that everyone is or at the very least has some form of psychic ability in then.

I mean everyone at some point does experience some form of psychic ability (whether they will admit it or not) but they do.
Others seem to be slightly more in tune with their abilities than some others whether than be through constant practice or just something that they are born with it who knows.

But we all have it and we can all use it and whether YOU want to further it is up to you.

Though the craziest thing closest to paranormal (I’ve ever experienced, my family has other paranormal experiences but I leave it for another day) is having sleep paralysis, though it is a scientific phenomenon lol. I used to have them almost every day till it got to the point that I was afraid to sleep.

The sensations are VERY REAL, in fact no different from reality. I felt I was literally floating a few inches above my bed, I had this vibrations over my body and this humming noise in my head.

Been there, done that.

At first sleep paralysis really did freak me out as when I experienced it I didn't know what was happening and like you correctly stated you just could not move at all (Personally I couldn't not even my toes or fingers like you later mentioned) but luckily for me I only experienced common sleep paralysis so it only lasted for a very short period and of course it means I didn't experience any we'll call it for now "paranormal phenomenon" (even though in a second I'll explain why I strongly believe it to not be any form of the paranormal)

At the early stages of my sleep paralysis I didn't enjoy it at all as like I already mentioned it freaked me out and the worst thing about that was I experienced it alot, in fact it got a to a point where it was every night if I can remember correctly.

But I starter to research it alot and try to better understand what was happening and I started to realize and learn that what was happening is actually an extremely common "thing" and in fact most people will experience it at some point in their life.

But I'm referring to common sleep paralysis which now it brings me to the next type of sleep paralysis Hallucinatory (hypnologic) sleep paralysis.

One of the main differences straight away between these 2 types of sleep paralysis is the length of time our experiences are going for.

Common sleep paralysis is fairly short but Hallucinatory sleep paralysis will last for alot longer.

Now to my main point...
I don't see what you saw under your sleep paralysis as a paranormal experience because of this because when we sleep we experience Rapid Eye Movement (REM) which is where we experience dreams and then we move to the next stage called “muscular atonia” which stops us acting out our dreams because all the muscles in our body will be suppressed during REM sleep (except the diaphragm and muscles of the eyes).

But if we wake during REM and before we move on from the next stage of muscular Atonia then we will experience paralysis and because we're in this state you'll experience hallucinations something that we are led to believe is a paranormal experience but it really is not.

Also it should be note that Old Hag Syndrome is also closely related with this type of sleep paralysis.

Here are some helpful links for sleep paralysis...

SleepDisordersGuide - Sleep Paralysis
2 Types of Sleep Paralysis
Sleep Paralysis

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Everyone is born with psychic abilities - it is trained out of us by religions and government funded scientists and organizations bombarding us with information that psychic abilities aren't possible. Everybody has moments like when you know the phone will ring and it is the person who you just thought about calling you.

Everybody has these talents but it is also like people who are naturally gifted musicians - for some it comes naturally and for others, if you work at it you can still be good at it.

Just believe in yourself if you think you are and don't listen to all the negativity out there about being psychic.

new topics

top topics

join