It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Efforts fall short as oil slick hits shore of Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Efforts fall short as oil slick hits shore of Louisiana

www.stltoday.com

Federal regulators sent a SWAT team of inspectors into the Gulf of Mexico area to ensure compliance with safety rules on deep water drilling rigs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
ok - read the above carefully and in correct context - please

there may be a conspiracy angle to the events of the BP rig - but the insane bablings about swat teams and military take over are pure fantasy

so please attempt to address any potential implications based on the DACTS - not the droolings of idiots who have taken a sentence out of context - and fabricated an entire lie around it

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

And Liz Trotter is on FOX News blaming this too on Obama.

She said the initial numbers from the White House epa office were a gross underestimate of the amount of oil spilling now so perhaps BP isn't the only ones responsible. Huh? What can't be spun?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it spin. Obama and his crew have had a week to do something......instead he waits until it's too late and promises the world. If Bush was still in office he'd be crucified in the press. But the Teflon Pres gets a pass, just like on everything else. Token gestures too late amount to inaction, exactly what's happened here. Yes, it is BP's responsibility, however, since it affects American citizens and industries, that makes it the administrations responsibility to make sure it is dealt with swiftly and completely. What does he have to say to those whose way of life may be erased forever due to his inaction? Spin indeed!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
I wouldn't call it spin. Obama and his crew have had a week to do something......instead he waits until it's too late and promises the world. If Bush was still in office he'd be crucified in the press. But the Teflon Pres gets a pass, just like on everything else. Token gestures too late amount to inaction, exactly what's happened here. Yes, it is BP's responsibility, however, since it affects American citizens and industries, that makes it the administrations responsibility to make sure it is dealt with swiftly and completely. What does he have to say to those whose way of life may be erased forever due to his inaction? Spin indeed!

One things for sure, no matter what he did, he could not contain this "drill baby drill, spill." The wildlife can thank BP. There is no way a sooner effort will make an improvement. This would be his Catrina if he were for drilling.
I'm guessing he's having second thoughts on that.

As well he should.

Faith

Is it so much?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Why should the oil companies and the rig equipment companies expect the government to jump to clean up their mess?

Why should we allow these corporations to "make the government" responsible?

With all of the past disasters of similar nature, these companies should have already trained a stand-by crew as a company standard and had them in place.

It is not the governments responsibility to clean up a profit making corporation's irresponsible acts.

I think it is only out of concern for the country and the people of this nation that Pres. Obama is responding with national forces to pitch in. It is an act of benevolence. We should not allow these corporations to think that someone else will fix their screws up and be financially responsible.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

i guess you have missed the statement from BP accepting liability for all damages ?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

appologies for any ` misumderstanding ` - i am not actually attacking or even commenting on the issue of wether the cleaup efforts are timely or enough recorces or the correct rescources are being committed

i only used this story - to attempt to ram home the rebutall of the assanine and dishonest ` swat teams ` argument presented in other ATS thread

AND due to the ATS T&C I am forced to use the exact hedline - and the source i quoted was the first boa fide news org to correctly quote the section i wanted

hope that clarifies my motives in this thread

top topics

join