It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States government's national threat level is Elevated!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Recommended Activities:

All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.

www.dhs.gov...

Omg it's elevated? We need to do something. More military spending, so we can stop the problem at its source -- maybe then we'll go back down to a safe level?

More foreign incursions, because our enemy can't be reasoned with! And besides, we don't negotiate with terrorists (so I guess that means we can't be reasoned with either?). But what I do know is they only understand FORCE..

America is the leader of the world, and we have to set an example for the rest of the world to follow. So I say we bomb the # out of countries that harbor terrorists! We can not be deterred by the deaths of a few civilians, because collateral damage is an acceptable price to pay when you're trying to send your enemies a message... it's not like we're the terrorists!

We must liberate oppressed people from their oppressors! The only way they can be free is if we conquer their government, which means we need to support OUR military better. If we don't, their military will quickly subvert democracy and freedom all throughout the region, as military's can be used against the people they're built to protect. So remember, we need a bigger military to stop this from happening!

We're a global economy, which means factories can be outsourced all over the world to create jobs -- like in China, Korea, and Taiwan.. Because of this, we need to put sanctions on our enemies, because they will use their influence to take over third world countries, and subvert capitalism by hiring these workers to work FOR THEM! And they'll do it with promises of a better life and more money than what we're giving them -- what deviousness!

Act before it's too late, people. Remember, we're at an elevated threat level!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
They need to push the blame for the oil spill off. This is one of the steps to do that. The truth to them is like underwear it is changes daily.

Watch the other hand people this oil spill is huge they need to pass the blame off. They are taking steps to do this and this is just another piece in the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

It say's threat level is yellow. Is that the threat level the gov. is to it's citizens?

CX

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Has the threat level been increased since or due to the oil spill? Do they give reasons for level increases?

If so, would this indicate that they are looking more at terrorism as a cause for the rig explosion, or is this just a coincidence?

CX.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I don't know what you're talking about, sir. The threat level is to keep us vigilant -- and that requires constantly looking over your shoulder and being paranoid that at any time, from any place, a terrorist could strike you!

You're encouraged to report suspicious activities, because that's the only way to keep us safe from tyranny.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I love your sarcasm it is very refreshing to say the least.
Fear is the great motivator. And they use it like pros. To bad the more they use it the less effect it has so they have to think up new and exciting things to keep it fresh.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Recommended Activities:

All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.

www.dhs.gov...

Omg it's elevated? We need to do something. More military spending, so we can stop the problem at its source -- maybe then we'll go back down to a safe level?

More foreign incursions, because our enemy can't be reasoned with! And besides, we don't negotiate with terrorists (so I guess that means we can't be reasoned with either?). But what I do know is they only understand FORCE..

America is the leader of the world, and we have to set an example for the rest of the world to follow. So I say we bomb the # out of countries that harbor terrorists! We can not be deterred by the deaths of a few civilians, because collateral damage is an acceptable price to pay when you're trying to send your enemies a message... it's not like we're the terrorists!

We must liberate oppressed people from their oppressors! The only way they can be free is if we conquer their government, which means we need to support OUR military better. If we don't, their military will quickly subvert democracy and freedom all throughout the region, as military's can be used against the people they're built to protect. So remember, we need a bigger military to stop this from happening!

We're a global economy, which means factories can be outsourced all over the world to create jobs -- like in China, Korea, and Taiwan.. Because of this, we need to put sanctions on our enemies, because they will use their influence to take over third world countries, and subvert capitalism by hiring these workers to work FOR THEM! And they'll do it with promises of a better life and more money than what we're giving them -- what deviousness!

Act before it's too late, people. Remember, we're at an elevated threat level!

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic here or if this is actually what you believe we should do...if it is i am shocked that this attitude actually exists - - I respect that its your opinion as we all have one, however, there are a few points in your statement that are simply not true.

1. America is not the leader of the world and its this exact attitude that makes the west be a hated area by the rest of the world. I dont understand where you conclude this statement from, if its financial or its something you read in a newspaper then it is wrong. Since the EU has a joint currency, the EU is the leader of the world, it has more nations, and a larger GDP.

2. America is not the only 'Global economy', as mentioned above the EU is larger, and there are plenty of other countries who would mount a big big challenge to the US military.

I struggle to comprehend why America feels the need to be the 'father' of this planet and destroy all evil terrorists? This is not justified. The American government like to push over the little guys but believe me, there are plenty of countries out there that can and eventually will mount a very real challenge against the US.

Its a terrible pity that America feels like it needs to be the first and only one that should tackle terrorism and act like its OK to kill civilians in doing so.

The only way to combat terrorism is from the inside and as a collective approach, not a single handed approach that could and most likely will start WWIII

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Actually America is. And it's because the free world made us that way.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

America is what? The leader of the world? If thats what your meaning then the Free world DIDNT make it that way, America has made it that way!

The Leader of the Free World is a colloquialism, originally used during the Cold War, to describe the president of the United States. The term implies that the United States president as leader of the principal democratic superpower of the time was, by extension, the leader of all of the world's democratic nations. Although it had a Cold War origin, it is still being used in America to describe the United States president today.[1] In addition, the term is sometimes used satirically when either the United States or its president engages in behavior that other nations disagree with or disapprove of or vice versa

Source

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Because of the United States' prominent role in the Cold War, the president of the United States was often dubbed the "Leader of the Free World". The term implies that the United States president, as leader of the principal democratic superpower, was, by extension, the leader of the world's all democratic nations. Although it had a Cold War origin, it is still sometimes used to describe the United States president today.Source

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I can see this coming about because of the oil spill. On the other hand, my instinct is telling me it is about the illegal immigrants situation. I fear things are gonna get really bad, especially since the right wants them out and the left wants amnesty. As polarized (stupid) as we are right now, things certainly could go from bad to worse really quick.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Yeah, i see what your saying but my point is...

Although it had a Cold War origin, it is still being used in America to describe the United States president today

Its being used in America, not really anywhere else. I dont think the President is the leader of the world. There is no leader of the world. Its a very dangerous attitude to have that invokes anger and rage, especially in the middle-east and thats not very clever as we have all seen after 9/11.

Americas time as Super-power will be over soon enough, empires are made to fall, they always do

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yeah the only difference is that the fall of this empire is being planned from the inside-out. Like a "controlled-demolition".
(where have I heard that phrase before?)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I just thought of this immediately. It's the only system that really makes any sense. Of course, I would only vote for Ron White if he let Larry the cable guy be the VP.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hasn't the threat level been yellow for years now? I can't remember it being any lower than that, although I do remember it going up a few times.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
So I say we bomb the # out of countries that harbor terrorists! We can not be deterred by the deaths of a few civilians, because collateral damage is an acceptable price to pay when you're trying to send your enemies a message... it's not like we're the terrorists!

Nope, that's nothing like terrorism at all.

We must liberate oppressed people from their oppressors!

Such as the puppet dictators installed on behalf of corporations so they can rape the natural resources of said countries.

PS I know you were being sarcastic, it's just that ATS does have members who actually do feel that way, sad but true.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by whateverpedia]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

That's been the problem with these elevated threat levels right from the start... they never tell us why???

SO what is it this time??? its anyone’s guess... people disguised as nuns? Angry red necks with a pick up full of guns? preschoolers with pink backpacks? Maybe we should be watching the skies for "V's"...

Today’s forecast will be cold and windy with and elevated risk of Armageddon

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The "Threat Level" has been Yellow for years...

It was lowered from Orange a short time after 9/11 and has remained at yellow ever since..

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I'll start worrying when it gets to plaid.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
National threat level is Elevated, or Yellow has been the minimum level for over 6 years.

The real question is: why do so many have no clue?

www.dhs.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

HSAS threat level has never been lowered to Low (Green) or Guarded (Blue).

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Regenmacher]

top topics

join