It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples "Signatures" - a problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
While signatures may be tools to pass on wisdom or website links, they clutter up this website. Some peoples signatures are over 5 sentences long. Accordingly, when reading a particluar thread, sometimes 15-20% of it is signature realted text. I am not saying that signatures are not useful, but could we be conscious of cutting down on the Philosophical blurbs, Political quotes, etc.? Perhaps there could just be a mouse over or link or something that will bring up such stuff, leaving a disinterested users screen free of the clutter. This way, if I want to read your signature, I at least have the choice.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What you don't like my signature?
comon is nice and informative,
it tells what we are, sometimes

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I kinda like mine the best for it's true.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I dont signatures clutter up the board that much....once youv been here a while you learn to skip right over the signature area....

BTW....Convert to Pixianity and your life will be full of Pisky's blessings.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

mrq

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I kinda like mine the best for it's true.

I wholeheartedly agree, ISY.
Awesome sig.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I find signatures to be great.

There's always something interesting to think about besides the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with mine .short and to the point no B.S and true If you don't like it don't read it but I you don't read it you will not know if you like it ......C-22

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think they're fine. If I'm bored, I'll read a few. If I'm not then I'll just skip past that little white divider.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I like mine, for the single reason that it is true, do you think I fired 3 shots, or 678?

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 5-6-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
May want to read this Plasmamembrane:
ABOUT ATS: Avatar and Signature Guidelines

I guess next, we'll start seeing postings from those who want avatars removed because it clutters up the screen and so on?

I may be wrong, but I think this is something that you will have to deal with Plasma.

seekerof

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So long as the guide lines are met what's the problem?

Why should I change because you have an issue?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When William decides it is to much, then I will ablidge. It has not been enforced by any code, maybe I should add to mine.

We all have to deal with things we might not want to.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im gonna make mine as long as it possibly can without going over the scroll limit.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Signatures are a portal to that members personality. Some are more larger, and elaborate then others.

But as said on an earlier post, when you are reading a thread, you normally know what to ignore.

If my Signature bothers you, what about that flashing ad in the upper right corner? You'll get use to seeing around what you don't want to see.

[edit on 6-5-2004 by BeingWatchedByThem]

XL5

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
lol as long as they are not longer then the avg lenght of your posts.

But what does "do you feel luNky punk" mean, at least spell them right.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Without signatures and our little pieces of vanity then it'd be uniform and uninteresting, try browsing as a guest and see how you like the boring grey.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Aw phooey! I think sigs are cool if theyre short, otherwise it takes to long to read em and i lose interest.

But if people want long sigs, sure gofer it. And as for avatars, NOOO NOOO YOU CAN NEVER GET RID OF GRUMPY BEAR!!! ACK!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I guess I struck a nerve. Thanks for replying.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Get rid of your 56k modem, kthx. jk

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think the sigs don't pose a problem they allow the users to express their own personality and keep this place from being dull.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join