It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats of Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Just reported: Greece will not cut public salaries or there wll be civil war.

There's the gauntlet folks. It means that no "assistance" can actually succeed, because it is not possible to get the fiscal situation under control without significant cuts in public spending.

This, incidentally, is the same problem we have in the US, and why attempts to deal with our fiscal situation at both state and federal levels is going to end up in the same place eventually. The majority of our budget is comprised of handouts of one form or another, whether they be Social Security, Medicare, or public-sector salaries.

The "unified opposition" by public-sector employee unions (just look at what Florida teachers ran when their pension handouts and tenure were threatened) says everything you need to know.

Greece has to be cut loose. The best way to do it is for Germany to walk away from the Euro and return to the Mark for its currency, leaving the rest of Europe to twist in the wind.

I see no other solution. Threats of civil war, which are effectively what the public sector unions here in the US have also threatened repeatedly since 2008 (and to which we have responded by refusing to cut their salaries and benefits) mean that we have the irresistible force meeting the immovable object.

All such governments who refuse to take on these bullies and meet that threat with immediate charges of inciting overthrow of the government by force (in the US this charge is known as seditious conspiracy) will fail.

We have refused to make clear that such threats will result in charges of this sort - and so have other nations such as Greece. Yet unless this is made crystal clear and this sort of approach by these unions is put down immediately all nations beset by this sort of action will fail both politically and economically.

Simply put the artificial support proffered to the financial sector should have never been put forward, but having done so, the public must now bear the cost, here, today, and immediately.

Those are the only choices folks. Greece, and indeed the entire European Union, will ultimately disintegrate (as will America) if this is not done.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

I'm not surprised by this. You could see this coming from a mile away. The elite and the governmenet screw up everything and the common folk have to pay for it now what do you think is going to happen... main st. is sick of getting teddy roosevelt's big stick right in the ***. civil war is afoot people.. keep an eye out. prepare..

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...
20 Things You Will Need To Survive When The Economy Collapses And The Next Great Depression Begins

These times remind of World War I. This role of imperial Russia will be played by Imperial America. we will get sucked into a world war amongst economic collapse and then Civil War will break out and we'll be forced out of the world war to fight the civil war and america will be reduced to destitution and destruction..

All the world is a stage and all eyes should be on Greece because whats playing out there is what will be played out throughout the west soon after... Its like seeing into the future for countries like Italy, UK, Spain and of course America.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am going to cling to the process I feel is taking place, which is prior to any major market collapse a major conflict will break out.

If you where part of the elite and the establishment would you allow the situation to come about that could put you (your family) directly in the position whereby you could ousted by force, end up in prison, strung up from lamposts, be shot at.. etc OR

Would you point the finger at some external foe.. (lets be honest, anyone would do) and create the foundations that an external conflict could come about, a conflict that would redirect the anger already simmering in your nation..

So in my opinion the closer we get to widespread civil disobedience and/or another market collapse will be the point another major conflict will start..

[edit on 29/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I could see that happening most definately. eitehr way, they get what they want unless of course the people get to em first. there is always anotherjackal somewhere waiting in the wings to take whomevers place..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not so long ago i did made a thread here on ATS about a possible that a Civil War might take root in Europe.

new topics

top topics

join