It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the reason illegal immigrants are here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
You know that many large companies use illegal immigrants (or slave labor overseas for that matter) and yet you continue purchasing their products. "I don't have a choice, I don't make enough money to shop anywhere else." Balogna. The fact is, you enjoy the cheap prices and you don't give a second thought to how companies can keep selling products for so little.

I bet if you had to stand and wait at Footlocker or the local Nike outlet for your shoe to be sewn up a Chinese child, you would do it. And you would have the gull to justify doing.

You're right people in third-world areas have always been exploited.
That doesn't mean they need to live HERE to be exploited though.

Just ask the Indians, Africans, Chinese, Malaysians...etc that are toiling away in factories for American corporations.

They aren't living in America illegally, and the immigrants who do sneak and stay here are getting a far better chance by comparison when they end up still being covered by the U.S. system they inevitably exploit.

For the most part they are leaving Mexico to get away from the type of slave work you describe not coming here to continue it.

It's easier to exploit them in their own lands than doing it once they are here.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Ok my turn to start a war,

Yes buy American, but are you sure just because its American product per say does it truly mean made in America or does it mean assembled in America. Example and this is were my people will get pissed off. My people being bikers, we love to support America and most will say that is what they are doing when they by the worst built bike on the planet a Harley, guess what I challenge anyone out there to go to a Harley dealer and out of everything in the store clothing what not try and find 5 things made in America. The bike itself is a peace of crap, assembled in America made with parts from several other countries none of with is made here so wake up, as a biker myself I know you can not be that stupid. Don’t think it’s a junk bike how far have you driven the bike on a trip or gone on long road trips, brand new out of the show room, Harley will brake down compare to any other bike on the road. I use to run 150 miles one way trips, after doing this for a year I said that was it no more Harley bikes, because ever single trip a bike would brake down and every time it was a Harley and twice a brand new one week old bike had to be towed away, only once did we have to stop for a repair on a different brand of bike and that was do to a flat tire. So don’t be fooled, just like the cars made in America or assembled here, were is the steal made, were does the paint come from were is the leather company for the seats the list goes on and on. We are a country of consumers we produce nothing except food so wake up. Oh and the local farm market I see some people mention go by during harvest time the hand pickers trucked in to harvest are all illegal so don’t pat yourself on the back to hard it might come back to slap you. I live in Florida and I am surrounded by mom and pa groves and ever single one of them be it the oranges, peanuts or other harvest time because they don’t own fancy equipment to harvest they hire a picking company to come in and do it, drive by there all Mexicans.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

So a restaurant marks up its alcohol by 500%, how is this a bad thing? If they bought the bottle for $25 and sold it for $25 they have just incurred a loss. How can that be you might ask, they sold it for what they bought it for? It took labor to unpack that bottle from the box, to put it on the shelf and for the bartender/waiter to sell it. Electricity was required for the restaurant to be open, there was the licensing fee required to sell liquor, the licensing fee to have a place of business, there is the sales tax they must pay on the sale, the federal and state unemployment tax on the wages they pay for the labor. So as ridiculous as it may appear to you and me that a restaurant receives $125 for something they purchased for $25, it doesn't seem that ridiculous if you break down all the expenses required in the sale of that product.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I worked for a company for two weeks that hired illegals and would talk to them on my lunch breaks. They made less than the Americans and guess what, they had to pay taxes on their money. Yet, they do not have access to welfare or other services that their money was going toward.

I support what the illegals are doing. I do not feel their crime deserves the hate that people direct them. I just cant stand the hypocrisy of people who bitch about illegals and shop at the companies that hire them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join