It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOU are the reason illegal immigrants are here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I keep reading the claim that only the rich and tptb profit from illegal immigrants being here. YOU profit just as much as they do. Americans demand prices to lower every year while expecting to bring in more income. How are companies suppose to bring prices down if they are giving you the raises you feel you deserve every year?

They can't.

So you want cheaper prices, well those companies are giving them to you. You know that many large companies use illegal immigrants (or slave labor overseas for that matter) and yet you continue purchasing their products. "I don't have a choice, I don't make enough money to shop anywhere else." Balogna. The fact is, you enjoy the cheap prices and you don't give a second thought to how companies can keep selling products for so little.

I bet if you had to stand and wait at Footlocker or the local Nike outlet for your shoe to be sewn up a Chinese child, you would do it. And you would have the gull to justify doing.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by ninthaxis]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's not all that long ago that the male of the family went to work while the wife took care of the home and children. And yet families were still able to save, to pay for their homes, children's education, medical expenses and go on annual holidays

What happened ? How did that change ? Now both parents work, yet the standard of living has lowered

It happened because of the 'bottom line' economics that swept through the West a few decades ago, when the 'Greed is Good' philosophy too hold and when manufacturers began outsourcing and demanding greater and greater profits

Do you imagine the farmer receives anything like the same profit as the supermarkets ? Ask the farmers. Ask consumers if prices have risen astonomically

This 'we need immigrant labour to keep prices low' is BS. If you want to buy the at BS, it's up to you

How much do you pay for Nikes ? And how much does Nike pay those who make those shoes ? Have you calculated the profit reaped by Nike ? And you want to blame the customer ?

LOL

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Its the business world that dictateS where their products are made, when they turn up on the high street what are we supposed to do not buy clothes, shoes or other crap with "made in China" on it?

You are hard pushed these days to find any leading products that aren't made by kids in a far off land. The business men are the ones who decide not the average guy on the street. My Nikes cost £120 so this idea of cheap items due to child labour is a myth, the real truth is the saving is made by the CEOs and not the guy buying the item.

The exploitation is due to the business world triming down production costs to garner more profit, the buck stops at the door of big business......ALWAYS! IMO............

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I feel this is most likely true also,
and another reason why they are here, (or still here, not deported sooner), is the countries leaders that were elected by the majority votes. We the people that voted for these people , the ones that use immigrants as a tool to get more votes, etc.
So yes, They are here because of this and also because they see all these green pastures in the form of government entitlements and benefit programs, also put here by leaders we elected, which use their new positions to further themselves for the most part...
Everyone can share some blame, but moreso for our elected leaders that have exploited their positions to further their political futures. And be mindful that acting this way by our leaders is NOT honorable to serving our country.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The problem is capitalism. Quite clearly.

Except WE are not capitalists, we're told we're capitalists, but we are not. We are slaves to capitalism and capitalists.

Expecting the slave to answer for his masters actions is both unfair and unproductive.

Don't buy nike. Or coke. Or any "brand" names. Thats a good start.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Standard of living has lowered, are you kidding me? The poverty line in America includes tv's, cars and many other luxury items. The standard of living hasn't depreciated, what people perceive as a necessity of life includes more and more things. Every member of the family having an iPhone and a tv in their room doesn't qualify as a lower standard of living in my book.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

You are wrong. The business world DOES NOT dictate anything. Your money does. It is a plain and simple fact. Obviously your measly $120 matters little to the company. But the $120 of one million consumers it would care about. But these one million consumers are fine that companies use slave labor and hire illegal immigrants. You can tell me that you are against these things until you are blue in the face, but what you spend your money on speaks volumes more than your feeble attempts at justifying your continued support of the things you hate. That glaring contradiction in your life is just another symptom of the weakening human conscience and sense of morality.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

I am most definitely NOT the reason illegals are here. In fact, I go out of my way to find items that are made in America when I purchase something. Also, your biggest reason is we demand cheaper goods so in order to lower prices, illegals must be used...Have you seen the price of crap today? IT ISN'T CHEAPER!

Next time try placing the blame squarely where it belongs. On our government for not enforcing the immigration laws for what ever reason and employers for hiring them for cheap labor to line their pockets with profit. I just thank god that the States are finally starting to take matters into their own hands, and if that doesn't work, guarantee you the citizens will. This is our governments last chance in all its capacity be it federal or State.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

You proved my point for me. You go out of your way to purchase American made goods, and it is the American companies that we are hiring the illegals! Ever shopped at Walmart? They have plenty of cases of using illegal immigrants. While I mentioned child and overseas labor, that was more a rant than anything. The fact of the matter is, no one cares that illegals are picking their produce, packaging their products.

Its easy to blame the government or "big business" because they are large organizations. Its like blaming society for your problems. It makes you feel good because you are targeting your emotions toward something, but on the other hand, you are blaming absolutely no one! No one wants to take a look in the mirror and admit to themselves that on some level they support these things because that would require them to change. Why should I stop shopping at Walmart? I would have to pay more to go to Ma and Pa's store down the street!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

First of all you don't know me, secondly I could care less about your fragile view of the world. What you should do is grow up and say hello to the real world where people are exploited daily. The fact that you are so agressive makes me laugh, you can't even debate in a thread YOU! started, judging by the replies YOU! are the one that has no clue about economics or the business strategy of the rich. Due to your rubbish attempt at being an ambassador for the exploited in this world, I would imagine no-one will be buying any less Nikes. Great work denying ignorance.....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

I must have struck a nerve with you do to some truth in my statements that are causing you to not think clearly. I accused you of nothing except of purchasing goods from a company that has policies that you find morally wrong. There are PLENTY of cases of consumers demanding change from a company and issuing boycotts. Guess what, the company changed! This means your money, not big business dictates what goes on.

There is no aggression in my statements. Read them again. I am saying each and every American citizen that purchases products and services from American businesses that employ illegal immigrants is supporting illegal immigration. You cannot deny that claim. If you deny this then you are saying that those who provide money to terrorist organizations should not be held responsible because its not their fault the terrorists bought weapons and killed people with them.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis

You proved my point for me. You go out of your way to purchase American made goods, and it is the American companies that we are hiring the illegals! Ever shopped at Walmart? They have plenty of cases of using illegal immigrants.

No, as a matter of fact I do NOT shop at WalMart. I refuse to shop at any store that does not offer Made in America products. Oh, sorry about not proving your point for you.

While I mentioned child and overseas labor, that was more a rant than anything. The fact of the matter is, no one cares that illegals are picking their produce, packaging their products.

Wrong again. If we didnt care these states wouldnt be passing the legislation that they are passing now. Why do you think the states are doing this? Ill tell you why. Because they dont want blood on their hands. Oh darn, look at that. again no point proven for you.

Its easy to blame the government or "big business" because they are large organizations. Its like blaming society for your problems. It makes you feel good because you are targeting your emotions toward something, but on the other hand, you are blaming absolutely no one!

Now this is just complete and utter bleeding heart bull crap. I am telling you who is really at fault and you wont even acknowledge that the laws were not enforced and that employers are hiring these illegals....Hmmm, once again, no point proven for you.

No one wants to take a look in the mirror and admit to themselves that on some level they support these things because that would require them to change. Why should I stop shopping at Walmart? I would have to pay more to go to Ma and Pa's store down the street!!!

You a riot! I actually by my produce from local farmers markets . Do you know what those are? Small locally grown fruits and vegatables that have been produced by LEGAL working men and women who own the land the produce is grown on. So yeah, I DO pay a premium to by what I need when I need it and there are millions more like me.

Sorry, no point proven again, also, no star or flag for the obvious obfuscation you are rampantly adhering to.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Then you are a rarity among US citizens and I applaud you. It doesn't change anything I have said here. Living in Wisconsin, I know plenty about locally grown produce we have quite a few active farmer's markets and organic communities. The prices are even comparable to those of some of the big grocery chains around here.

I was just using Walmart as an example of an American company because you shop American. There are hundreds of companies that I could have used that sell or produce American products and employ illegal immigrants, thats the point of this.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You are right the indifference of the legal American citizens while the corporate run government took away their livelihood their incomes and killed the middle class in the process, while outsourcing to other nations for slave labor.

The policies that has brought this nation to the state we are were not done overnight, while our corrupted politicians sold our nations bread and butter for profit making oversea while leaving Americans unemployed we didn't do a darn thing, because Wal-mart was selling cheap junk and still hiring at a minimum wage, we still got Medicaid and welfare.

Now small businesses in border states seek cheap labor under minimum wage with illegals so they can offer cheaper crappy goods to welfare and illegal immigrant while still reaping a profit.

Now the warning is that small businesses in border states will lose their livelihood with immigrations laws, darn I didn't know that we should still support those that offers under wages to keep illegals employed while lowering the living standards of every legal American in the nation.

What a joke.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Look, I know you are frustrated with many of our opinions around here but you simply cannot lump all of us into the same category. As I stated, there are millions just like me in the US. The problems you are seeing are only what you see in the MSM. They have sensationalized this whole thing. Don't buy into the hype and understand that there are those of us fighting for our rights and our constitution on a daily basis. We are using our dollars ad other avenues to send our message. Check out JBS.org. I am a card carrying member.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Apair of Nike made by $15/hr rated american workers cost $120 yesterday.

Today, the same Nike cost $120, but made by $3/hr rated illegal immigrants.

Who pockets the difference? It is very basic. Which part do you NOT understand?

Fortunately, more are aware of the deceptions made by the Corporations. Enough of BS. You are just sadly one person still presuming you got it cheap even while being ripped-off blind.

If the Corporations continues to rip off the community, americans can longer buy the Nike shoes, for they would be out of job. And the illegal immigrants certainly can't afford the Nike, on $3/hr salaries.

Who suffers in the end? Deflation occurs, whereby Nike company will have to sell their stock cheaply at losses and then close down. No one will produces Nike shoes.

Extrapoliate that onto the shoe industry, and soon you and I will have to weave grass slippers to wear.

Extrapoliate that concept into all industries, and we will be back to the jungles, with 90% living either as slaves or savages, and the rich who have still a few dollars or gold more, will survive a bit more longer till their savings dries out or be murdered for their wealth, an error that is of their creation.

Economics 101.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Really I was arguing to seperate issues in one post. I am well aware that Nike's profits went up by shipping labor overseas. The reason I used that issue to support my illegal immigration thread, is that people know this is happening and continue to support company's actions by purchasing their products. If you purchase Nike shoes you support child labor. If you purchase products from Walmart you support illegal immigration. I am not saying you stand on the street corner with a sign that says "I approve of the hiring of illegal immigrants," but to some degree you were willing to approve of these companies actions enough to give them your money, money are part of the profits you are using as a reason to hate big business.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I disagree with your premise actually.

People demand lower prices because we know the mark-up, not because we don't think companies should turn a profit.

Also, by hiring illegals, they are breaking the law. That is their choice.

Perhaps if they had down-graded their $500K base salary they wouldn't have to look to committing a felony in order to protect their profit margin and their ridiculous salary.

I think it sends the wrong message that Americans caused this simply because companies are getting greedier and greedier and demanding MORE of a profit, not less.

For example, restaurants notoriously hire illegals as busboys and dishwashers. They make a 500% mark-up on alcohol sales and a minimum of 200% on most entrees.

The companies hire illegals because they want more of a profit, not because they can not turn a profit without doing so.

The only exception may be landscaping companies and construction since much of their profit is determined by other greedy companies, such as oil, gas, electric, steel, etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Is call corporate greed at the expenses of the tax payer and hard worker in the nation.

But the government policies and oversight are allowing all this to happen, while we vote for our fat rats in government to help the tax payer they enrich their coffers with campaign donations from every sector including foreign interest to work against us.

Meanwhile now mandates will become the norm to force the tax payer and hard working America to support the same corporate corruption we try so hard to fight.

We are all becoming slaves to corporate greed.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

America prides itself on Capitalism.

One of the capitalist creed is to construct barriers to entry in order to prevent competition.

Small businesses must understand this and work round it in order to thrive. They cannot whine and moan, for this is what capitalism is about - your brains to profit, which makes the entreprenuer a special breed and deserving of reaping and enjoying his wealth.

But today, capitalist brains had not been used. Greed at the expense of others is the norm. The effect of illegals and cheap labour will only sell the nation short.

Large or small businesses should be aware of it, and yet they bemoan their livelihood being destroyed if illegal immigration policies set in. If this continues on, mankind will be eventually doomed back to the stone age in the long run, effects which are already felt today.

No. The economic answer is not in cheap labour. Technology combined with productivity is the only solution for all biz to thrive.

For example, if the mom and pop cannot compete, they should give it up and use that space and labour for something needed by the consumer that can compete.

Paying fair wages is one way. Using automation and finding better ways to reach out to the consumers, niche ones if need be, followed by great service to retain customer loyalty is the way to survive. Bemoaning and causing social problems is not.

You and I need a new mindset in this aftermath of the financial disaster to confront a brave new world of realities. No more the mickey mouse and dance routines of the excessive greedy past, or we will only doom our society which is made up of your family, your relatives, friends and mine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join