It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Plan to Leave Over Ariz. Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Illegal Immigrants Plan to Leave Over Ariz. Law

newsmax.com

Many of the cars that once stopped in the Home Depot parking lot to pick up day laborers to hang drywall or do landscaping now just drive on by.

Arizona's sweeping immigration bill allows police to arrest illegal immigrant day laborers seeking work on the street or anyone trying to hire them. It won't take effect until summer but it is already having an effect on the state's underground economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myfoxphoenix.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Arizona immigration law could drive Latinos out of state
How Illegal Immigration Has Affected Me Through The Years

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wanted to post this article because it shows how easy it is for someone to find illegal immigrants in AZ. (AZ could be replaced with many different states). It is so easy that a reporter could find several in a short period of time.

It also gives examples of how illegal immigration affects citizens and why illegal immigrants come to the US.

I live in a state with a high volume of illegal immigrants. This article could be about my state instead of AZ.

I also found it very interesting that in a recent national poll (reported today) found that 60% of Americans were in favor of AZ's new law. (see link) This tells me that the MSM is demonizing an issue that the majority of citizens approve.

I've read the threads on this so I realize that this is a hotly contested issue on ATS. I just wanted to bring some new info to light.

newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It seems the law is having a positive effect already.

join