It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something wrong in TVtropes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wonder why TVtropes says most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media are all but fictional?

while this website are also calls people that thinks and believes most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media for real are counted as ones that fails logic forever.

To make this even worse, TVtropes says Mainstream Media like TV never lies, but We know TV is causes more brainwashing than other media sources, while Alternative media are always lies.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by masonicon]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by masonicon]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
I wonder why TVtropes says most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media are all but fictional while this website are also calls people that thinks and believes most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media for real are counted as ones that fails logic forever and to make this even worse, TVtropes says Mainstream Media like TV never lies, but We know TV is causes more brainwashing than other media sources, while Alternative media are always lies?
Slow down. Breath deep. Now add some periods in the above paragraph... It looks like it needs at least 3 sentences, but for the life of me I can't figure out what they are...

[edit on 4/29/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

i tihnk i udenrtsnad waht yuor syanig lol

but yeah tv brainwashes it subliminally supports stereotypes, plays the blame game and uses subliminal imagery to get you to supprt/buy something

as for alternitave media? some of it could be brainwashing as well, i dont really trust much of anything anymore

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by masonicon
I wonder why TVtropes says most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media are all but fictional?

while this website are also calls people that thinks and believes most Conspiracy theories as well UFOs, Cryptids, Pseudo-sciences, Anything Paranormal and Supernatural, and just every topics outside mainstream academics and media for real are counted as ones that fails logic forever/

and to make this even worse, TVtropes says Mainstream Media like TV never lies, but We know TV is causes more brainwashing than other media sources, while Alternative media are always lies?
Slow down. Breath deep. Now add some periods in the above paragraph... It looks like it needs at least 3 sentences, but for the life of me I can't figure out what they are...

[edit on 4/29/2010 by JoshNorton]

I has fixed it!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by masonicon

i tihnk i udenrtsnad waht yuor syanig lol

but yeah tv brainwashes it subliminally supports stereotypes, plays the blame game and uses subliminal imagery to get you to supprt/buy something

as for alternitave media? some of it could be brainwashing as well, i dont really trust much of anything anymore

'Mainstream' Media has been monopolized by bunch of the profit Hungry capitalists while 'alternative' media are facts that didn't just favors them, it also favors people

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My, my 2 posts in a row that get the lollipop treatment.

I think you'll find that there are many forms of media out there that you haven't tapped into. Rather than waste your time on TV Tropes looking for cool ways to subjectify scenes, characters, storylines that are popular at this time why not use that big ol' world at your fingertips thing called the internet and look for some quality 'alternative' media.

Even if it is something as mainstream as '[url=http://www.thejokerblogs.com/The Joker Blogs[/url]'.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
My, my 2 posts in a row that get the lollipop treatment.

I think you'll find that there are many forms of media out there that you haven't tapped into. Rather than waste your time on TV Tropes looking for cool ways to subjectify scenes, characters, storylines that are popular at this time why not use that big ol' world at your fingertips thing called the internet and look for some quality 'alternative' media.

Even if it is something as mainstream as '[url=http://www.thejokerblogs.com/The Joker Blogs[/url]'.

-m0r

The mainstream Media that I mentioned here in this thread are mostly refers to Corporate media

new topics

top topics

join