It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study linking GMO crops to infertility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Study linking GMO crops to infertility

www.huffingtonpost.com

After feeding hamsters for two years over three generations, those on the GM diet, and especially the group on the maximum GM soy diet, showed devastating results. By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies. They also suffered slower growth, and a high mortality rate among the pups.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Heard about this on C2C and did a quick search to come up with this. If this study is legit and repeatable and the link netween GMO and infertitlity holds then...wow...very wow!

It was only in 96 that GMOs went mainstream and that generation of humans hasn't begun reproducing yet. If this study holds any water and the results are similar in humans then we could be just a couple generations away from serious reproductive problems in the human race.

It may be time to plant a garden folks!!

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
S&F

Yeah it's really awful! - they're really poisoning people!

I just posted this in another thread about GMO corn - from the same source

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure, Study Reveals

In a study released by the International Journal of Biological Sciences, analyzing the effects of genetically modified foods on mammalian health, researchers found that agricultural giant Monsanto's GM corn is linked to organ damage in rats.

"Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others.

We therefore conclude that our data strongly suggests that these GM maize varieties induce a state of hepatorenal toxicity....These substances have never before been an integral part of the human or animal diet and therefore their health consequences for those who consume them, especially over long time periods are currently unknown."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I just hate when these corporations are messing with the food & water!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was talking about this on mutter lately, it's good they finally proved it.

Monsanto should stop playing god.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Soy increases estrogen production in males.

200g of Soy for a Man is the equivalent of him taking a birth-control pill.

Its also extremely hard to digest - soy is synthetic protien really, its basically an industrial product - its not good for you, but its good for animals, so some people make the switch.

But GM foods of course throw out the balance of our organisms and ourselves.

BOYCOTT THEM

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
how can tell if the food is GMO based.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Fruits and Veggies have stickers on them, you just have to do a little research. Its just about company research.

Though with fresh fruits and veggies it can be easy-as to spot the difference.

And organic foods are usually certified so.

wiki: crazy graphs and figures

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Fruits and Veggies have stickers on them, you just have to do a little research. Its just about company research.

Though with fresh fruits and veggies it can be easy-as to spot the difference.

And organic foods are usually certified so.

wiki: crazy graphs and figures

you mean like if a fruit or veggies are seedless cant you also tell if they are GMO if they are seedless or not

And thanks for the info buddie

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Seedless is definitely a good indication - but just because it has seeds doesn't necessarily mean its a natural piece of fruit.

Anyways, sorry to derail this thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Its also extremely hard to digest - soy is synthetic protien really, its basically an industrial product - its not good for you, but its good for animals, so some people make the switch.

Um, I'm not sure about the entirety of this. GM soy may indeed be problematic but, Asians have been eating soy for centuries and still reproducing. True soy is simply vegetable protein. That's not synthetic.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Just because they are seedless does not mean they are GMO. Seedless hybrid plants are developed by crossing plants that have certain traits with other plants of other traits. GMO foods have actually had their DNA messed with by methods such as injecting foreign DNA into the plants cell.

Something about these GMO crops is not agreeing with the hamsters apparently. I would hope that similar studies to this would have been done before the crops were approved for production. I would love to see that this article is a hoax...if not it's bad stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Your right...I was giving my wife a hard time (in jest) about trying to feed me soy b/c I didn't want to grow man boobs. She is a registered dietician and a research coordinator at Ohio State University and was telling me that plant estrogens do not affect humans the way our own hormones do.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Gibbon]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Um, I'm not sure about the entirety of this. GM soy may indeed be problematic but, Asians have been eating soy for centuries and still reproducing. True soy is simply vegetable protein. That's not synthetic.

The process that soy has to go through to be turned into tofu and milk is really involved - and by the end of the process it could hardly be called a vegetable-protein. Its nutrient content is next to nothing. And Asians didn't rely on protein as a primary source protein, and didn't feed their children soy-milk.

And when I said birth control pill - I meant a man taking a female-birth-control pill. I can see how I was unclear there. Its not about birth control, its about estrogen levels.

Infants exclusively fed soy formula receive the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day.

[edit on 28/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The process that soy has to go through to be turned into tofu and milk is really involved - and by the end of the process it could hardly be called a vegetable-protein. Its nutrient content is next to nothing. And Asians didn't rely on protein as a primary source protein, and didn't feed their children soy-milk.
[edit on 28/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

Plant based estrogens are not processed in the way mammalian estrogens are. You can link all the data you want. It's not how much you take in because it is not processed like the estrogen developed in your body. As for tofu and soy milk, that has been in use for at least 800 years is Asia. There are mentions of "tofu" in 232 BC Asian lit. Again, if this kind of stuff sterilizes men then Asians shouldn't be here as their diets are pretty heavy on soy.

There may be some issue with GMO soy but natural soy is a vegetable protein and one of the most ubiquitous sources of protein in Asia.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Asian men are also a lot less hairy then caucasian men also.

As with everything these days, there is too much information to make an informed opinion that is the truth. So instead we all make informed decisions based on what resonates with us, or what is projected onto us.

What resonates with me is a paleolithic diet - and anything outside of that, usually doesn't sit well with me.

I'm no expert - but I've stated my piece.

But people, what ever you do, breast feed your children, anything else is poison by comparison.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Asian men are also a lot less hairy then caucasian men also.

And what does that prove? Are you going to tell me they have small wangs too? Cause I can show you data to prove that assertion wrong. I know plenty of white men who lack body hair.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dr. Mercola recommended not eating un-fermented soy products. suggesting that these products contain endocrine disruptors, while fermented forms do not.

In one article I read a pet owners Parrot died. An autopsy tied this to Soy products. Can't remember if that was GM soy or not, but it was another Mercola article.

Edit: GM soy products contain "BT toxin" as a genetically modified defense toward pests. The BT toxin is specific for insects but can cause allergic reactions in humans.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The FDA doesn't want us to have the tools to determine which foods are natural and which ones are frankenfoods:

May take legal action against companies

Notable for companies wanting to advertise products as non-genetically modified is the fact that the FDA says it will not allow labels like "GM-free," "GMO-Free" or "biotech-free." The agency says guaranteeing a product to be free of GM material is virtually impossible. Instead the labels will have to say the food was not produced through bioengineering. The FDA said it may take legal action against companies that violate these guidelines.

Read more: Non-GMO report

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7f159c07101.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/30/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The main problem isn't really un-fermented versus fermented. Most western soy products also contain additives and "isolated proteins". They are manipulated beyond belief. They will add synthetic proteins to the mix as well. My lily white husband ate a ton of soy in Korea and still drinks soy milk on occasion (though it's from the Korean market down the street. It's a very different animal). He's still functioning.

Paranoia has gripped a large portion of the health nut population. While i share the sentiments about GMO foods cause i don't want to eat them, I think we all need to use a bit of common sense here. We've got over a billion folks on the other side of this planet who have eaten soy for years and are still reproducing. I have to question the entirety of the study. What were the kids fed with? Bottles right? Plastic? Well, BPA's have been shown to have the same effects. How can we be sure it's the soy?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Cows milk, milk formulas, and soy should not to be fed to infants. Full stop.

Again, there is enough evidence to prove any train of thought you want.

For me personally - soy is a big no no.

Raw unpasteurized goats milk - is second best to breast milk, as it most closely resembles the molecular structure of human milk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join