It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just enforce existing laws on immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We don't need ten thousand new laws on immigration.
Stop the nonsense about speaking English only, carrying national ID and all the other crap , most of it unConstitutional, that ATS is foaming at the mouth over.
All we need to do is enforce existing law and it's a Federal responsibility.
There is no other solution.
Illegal immigration was allowed to flourish to provide cheap labor for corporate America, no other reason. That's the reason that the Federal government has refused to enforce the law. Reagan gave millions amnesty, EVERY President and Congress has ignored it since.
It's all about money folks, as usual.
But really, ATS, we don't need to re write The Constitution or create new laws, Just stop the corporate lobby in DC.
Jeezuz H!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

No the problem is you get propaganda that tugs at the emotions on issues like this. Yes the living conditions in Mexico are not the best and yes I like a great many people feel bad for them. However with the influx of illegal border crossings we get the scum as well as the deserving. Many people immigrate here legally and have to jump through hoops to get their green cards. Why then are we supposed to feel so bad about those who take it upon themselves to skip the legitimate channels? Two wrongs don't make a right. So their first mistake is coming here illegally. Then to bitch because they are called out on it? What makes them so special?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Your reply has nothing to do with my post at all.
DON'T HIJACK MY THREAD FOR ANOTHER POINTLESS "DEBATE".
The reason for illegal immigration is cheap labor.
Not to mow your lawn!
It's for big agriculture, construction, manufacturing etc.
Why do you think existing laws are not enforced?
THINK!
It's because illegal immigrants are cheaper labor that will work for minimum wage ( or less), no benefeits, no unions, etc.
Who wants this? CORPORATE AMERICA!
Good God, this is so simple!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Is it simple or is that what you want to think? I will agree that some of the blame lies with corporations but for that matter look at the Democratic party and their efforts to win "minority" voters. Just that whole load of crap keeps dividing people. Why the fetish for labeling. I was not trying to hijack your post, but do you honestly think that corporations are the only reason for feet dragging om illegal immigration? Oh yea why the special treatment for latino immigrants,didn't the Poles, Italians, French and Russians learn English or is it because they are white they had to?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by hangedman13]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Now that they are here, BOTH parties want their votes when they become citizens.
Duh.
Yeah, it's that simple. ATS often doesn't get how the real world works, this is an example.
Why has this gone on so long? Why did George Bush and Ted Kennedy agree? Why did Reagan do the same thing as Obama wants to do?
MONEY! You people don't get the world of the rich, you bitch and whine about this and that, they make millions, or billions, live in a world of multiple luxury homes and private jets. They don't care about you, immigrants, The Constitution or America itself!!!
Are you so nieve as to think these people are ideologicaly driven? They want maximun profits, maximum wealth, THEY OWN AMERICA.
They are the ones that send the lobbyists to DC, THEY are the ones Congress gets their orders from.
WISE UP GUYS!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This would have been the way to handle it all along.

At it's core, illegal immigration does really tick me off. It's not the people. It's not that they are more likely to work for cash and not pay taxes. It's not even that they don't speak English (although it would be nice if they signed up for a free ESL class).

For me, it really comes down to the fact that if you or I broke the law, even a minor one such as jay-walking, we would certainly face the consequences. The cops, because of the recession, have been writing tickets like crazy over the past 6 months. And since we just passed a law that requires all vehicles to come to a complete stop at every pedestrian crossway, they are nailing people right and left. Yet, they walk right past 20 - 30 'day-laborers' every day. We all know they are illegals. But nobody cares.

I just think it's fundamentally wrong (and yes, I know 'life isn't fair') that the people that are here legally, and followed the law to legally become residents of this country, get penny pinched and taxed and fined for every little thing. Yet, the Federal government is willing to turn a blind eye to trespassers. Millions of trespassers!

Frankly, I don't know why this was ever allowed to lapse in the first place. It should have been, and should always be, our first priority: protecting our borders.

new topics

top topics

join