It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Major Poll Bounce for Arizona Governor After Signing Immigration Law

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Last week, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer signed an immigration law that launched a national debate. It has also at least temporarily helped her own chances of remaining Arizona’s governor. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state shows that 56% now approve of the way Brewer is performing her role as governor. Two weeks ago, just 40% offered their approval.

The new figure includes 22% who Strongly Approve of the governor’s performance. That’s up from five percent (5%) before Brewer signed the law that authorizes local police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant.

This is the second big issue in two months to boost Brewer’s prospects for being elected to her own full-term in office. In March, Brewer trailed Goddard by nine percentage points. Then, after passage of the federal health care law, Goddard refused to file a lawsuit against the federal government challenging the constitutionality of the law. Brewer found a way around that objection, and Arizona joined other states in the legal challenge. After that, Brewer’s numbers improved to a slight advantage over Goddard.
Source: www.rasmussenreports.com... or

Good for her. It is about the States doing what is best for it's citizens as the citizens sees it and demands it. The Feds/Obama need to be taught a huge lessen. We tell you what to do not you tell us what to do.

I see Texas and others are starting to follow suit. Well, it is about time this issues gets address-although I am fearful it is too late. Look that these photos of recent Pro-immigration rallies held in the US this year.

Here is one photo from the LA one.




posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72
 


That picture shows about 3000 people at the most. What were they protesting? Was it a Tea Party Rally? I think it was a rally calling for tougher immigration law enforcement.

Sorry, I could not resist.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe
 



Hardy har har. You a funny man-3000 and tougher immigration reform. etc lol

Too much. Yes, well those 3000 equaled the other 3000's in NYC, FLA and TX. I did a thread on it-if you are interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is getting scary. depending how this whole Illegal aliens thing works out, our country could be heading for a 2nd Civil War.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hell yeah he's gonna get a poll bounce. 75% of the country wants tougher border patrol. They aren't all racist conservatives either. Just some.



posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi
 


That is exactly right but the media can't and/or won't call the non-white males who feel the same about immigration-racist. Matter of fact, you would think AZ was about 75% white males and the rest make up the 25%.

Not to worry as the MSM will pay an even bigger price for what they are doing-or trying to do.

What they don't understand is: They are the ones who are on the wrong side of the issue and they just make bigger asses of themselves by doing hit pieces on the majority.

There are Mexicans whre I live and they don't want illegals coming either-from what I can gather. Are they racist?



new topics

top topics
 
3

log in

join