It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this book evil? Is it a thought crime?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Off subject a bit.
www.youtube.com...
How small does space go in on its self? Is it infinite? Is the static on the T.V. Small universes going in and out of existence. 1 second for us is 1000000000 years for them. Is time relative? Hold your hand in the air. What do you hold. You hold space. That space has always been. You cant destroy it its infinite.
The mater around you is infinite also it just changes form. Our consciousness is divine. We are the universe looking at its self. Consciousness is part of our soul. It's to bad people waste it on greed evil etc. Since this is a free country can I read books on majic and calling upon angels? Always staying on the universal good side of the force. Am I allowed to do this in America? Or will 'They" harass me?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

there are no laws against this sort of thing except the anarchy cookbook im pretty sure thats very illegal

but the only people who will harass you over these books are religious zealots
especially those of the christian kind
if your so worried dont be so open about it publicly

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree with the poster who said your being sensationalistic, even if that wasnt your intention. It seems like you are using this approach to inform people of a book you like and a philosophy you subscribe to.
I didnt read the book and dont really care to. I dont need to either in order to respond to your thread topic.

No information or knowledge is ever evil. Evil resides in the thoughts and actions of men. Not knowledge. Even Mein Kempf isnt an evil book if read from a historical point of view. If read from the point of view of a hate loving bigot who wants to exterminate every race but his own then it becomes evil simply because of what he intends to do in his heart and in words/deeds.

I also do not beleive any book should be banned. What do you have to fear from knowledge. Knowledge is truth. To hide something is to shadow it in a lie. Also banning a book is the first best way to make it a sure success to be read by everyone. If there are books that should be cast into darkness and hidden from man then its gods domain to decide that and for you to implement according to your faith but only in so much as it shields such knowledge from your eyes and not mine. No man has the right to decide for another what is right and what is wrong in the pretext of knowledge.

I do not beleive knowing anything can even make someone evil. Evil is a concept rooted in the nature of man, not in what he knows. Even in the story of Genesis, it isnt the fact that man had the knowledge of good and evil that was the sin. rebelling against gods command was the sin. This was mans nature to do. Man sinned with the act not with what he KNEW afterward.

As far as your belief about god and satan and the whole 75/25 percent thing try reading isaiah 45:7. God creates everything according tot he bible. Light and darkness. He brings good fortune and calamity to the earth. This is a testament to his omnipotence. There is no such thing as satan having domain over anything that god doesnt. You may argue that satan has his domain but even it is under gods control and power. Nothing is above or even equal to god according to the bible. Now i am not one who is a great believer in everything written in the bible. I merely point this out because you claim to follow it as a book of inspiration and faith.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

i gotta say that post was one of the most logical posts i hav ever found on ats and thats hard to find

i like this

No information or knowledge is ever evil. Evil resides in the thoughts and actions of men. Not knowledge. Even Mein Kempf isnt an evil book if read from a historical point of view. If read from the point of view of a hate loving bigot who wants to exterminate every race but his own then it becomes evil simply because of what he intends to do in his heart and in words/deeds.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hate to say it man but your off. What is the bible about? God reedeeming man. Jesus. That is what you ought to be preaching. It doesn't mean that there couldn't necessarily be some truth in some of that, but its irrelevant unless you can incorperate it with truly growing but you must keep in mind using in a different format can result in idolatry so be careful man because THAT is what you are preaching. May God bless you

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlapBassist531
Hate to say it man but your off. What is the bible about? God reedeeming man. Jesus. That is what you ought to be preaching. It doesn't mean that there couldn't necessarily be some truth in some of that, but its irrelevant unless you can incorperate it with truly growing but you must keep in mind using in a different format can result in idolatry so be careful man because THAT is what you are preaching. May God bless you

www.amazon.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

I also do not believe any book should be banned. What do you have to fear from knowledge. Knowledge is truth. To hide something is to shadow it in a lie. Also banning a book is the first best way to make it a sure success to be read by everyone. If there are books that should be cast into darkness and hidden from man then its gods domain to decide that and for you to implement according to your faith but only in so much as it shields such knowledge from your eyes and not mine. No man has the right to decide for another what is right and what is wrong in the pretext of knowledge.

I do not believ knowing anything can even make someone evil. Evil is a concept rooted in the nature of man, not in what he knows. Even in the story of Genesis, it isnt the fact that man had the knowledge of good and evil that was the sin. rebelling against gods command was the sin. This was mans nature to do. Man sinned with the act not with what he KNEW afterward.

As far as your belief about god and satan and the whole 75/25 percent thing try reading isaiah 45:7. God creates everything according tot he bible. Light and darkness. He brings good fortune and calamity to the earth. This is a testament to his omnipotence. There is no such thing as satan having domain over anything that god doesnt. You may argue that satan has his domain but even it is under gods control and power. Nothing is above or even equal to god according to the bible. Now i am not one who is a great believer in everything written in the bible. I merely point this out because you claim to follow it as a book of inspiration and faith.
I also do not believe any book should be banned. What do you have to fear from knowledge. Knowledge is truth. To hide something is to shadow it in a lie. Also banning a book is the first best way to make it a sure success to be read by everyone. If there are books that should be cast into darkness and hidden from man then its gods domain to decide that and for you to implement according to your faith but only in so much as it shields such knowledge from your eyes and not mine. No man has the right to decide for another what is right and what is wrong in the pretext of knowledge
OK, so maybe I'm being sensationalistic about the philosophy. Before it I was a atheist. So I'm trying to help others out who were in teh same boat as me needing an alternitive way to the light of GOD. There are alternative ways to GOD. As long as its "Morally good" (Entertainemnt ont count there shoud be complete freewill. In entertainment.) your on the right path.

www.youtube.com...
Watch out for "Them" they will harras you if they are fundamentalists they don't follow by the constitution. ever since the patriot act. They have been right wing fundementalist # with people who find GOD of moral love in alternative ways. They swore a oath! en.wikipedia.org... I'll shut up now. Peace between all religions.
Thank you for agreeing with me on the fact that the book should not be banned. I had some occult (Occult in the English dictionary means hidden.) book on my computer and was #ed with by "Them" Because they are high up in the military industrial Complex, right wing fundamentalists, christian fascists that harassed me. They need to be watched closer to ensure our main constitutional rights,( en.wikipedia.org... that they swore to protect. )
stay in place and it does not become a muslim, christian or buddha facist sate. They need to be monitored better.

About the book.
I hope I enlightened someone out there. Its my favorite book though. So i just thought I would share it. Maybe another would like it. If not that's cool. I don't preach parables out of it. lol Just throwing the book out there and asking if in your opionini if it should be banned or not. Cuase I think"THEY"want itbanne

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Theone2000]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join