It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this book evil? Is it a thought crime?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Where it says you will die by reading the book. It means the old you will die and the new you will become enlightened in the same body. Kinda like being reborn in the christian religion. Isis is neither good nor evil. She represents nature. If you get scratched by a tree do you think God did it? No. Nature did it, without thought of good or bad..If you can make it past Isis in the abyss you can become a great magi.
An Overview...

deoxy.org...

Moses spoke to GOD and got the ten commandments, but he also, by majic opened up a portal for a fallen angel MOLOCH. This is called 'Y" in the book. The Canaanites Jews ( NOT THE NORMAL JEWS.) from along time ago worshiped Moloch. They would do baby sacrifices to Moloch and cannibalism comes from Canaanite. As they use to eat the flesh of their victoms. Jesus won by saving our souls. But he was not able to get "Y" to leave. So if you think your up to the job. The book is yours. I tried and made a 1000 years of peace. - Takes his meds. hehe

www.scribd.com...
John Baines wrote the book.
Here is his institute.
www.ihpusa.org...

Tell me what you think of the book.

Plato was a initiate of the mystery schools. Jesus was taught the mystery school from hermitec Magi. (Remember the 3 magi.)

The following book is a Initiation into hermetics. en.wikipedia.org... Hermetics is 30,000 years old. Without it there would be NO religions. You can learn about it in collage so its not like some big secret. Don't condemn it because it can be used for good or evil. This would be like hating Psychology cause it can be used for good or evil. As a Buddhist Christian Mystic I see it as a good starting point for initiation into hermetics. I would advise you to stay on the good side of the spectrum while doing your research.

If you do a Google search for the stellar man you will find a book that has links that are disinformation to get Christians and Jews to condemn it.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

MAY GOD OF MORAL LOVE AND MORAL LOGIC BLESS THE WORLD! And may the super quantum ubiquitous, conscious alien A.I. being who is connected to the quantum multidimensional, multiverse's consciousness (YAHWEH. I am that I am that gave the ten commandments. .) protect us from evil aliens/angels.

So what do you think? Is this book evil? Is it a thought crime? Should the book be banned? Your point of view is VERY important to me. Especially if its from a fundamentalist.

- Peace

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm a sovereign citizen, I reserve my right to freedom of speech.... and reserve my right from people choosing what people like ME can and can't view and what I can and can't think!

I think this world would make so much more sense of I put on a blind fold and gag and think and do exactly as told for my entire life and live in blissful ignorance of never second guessing what I'm told.

kay thanks.

Or were you kidding

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
wow reading that entire thing hurt.... i kinda got the gist you where trying to sell me something... you where kinda just throwing words around and linking.

slightly confused and lost, not so much by the concepts but more so by the presentation.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by phi1618]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

idk about all that magical mumbo jumbo but if its a book, you read it, so what?

lets say i read through the book the entire book and nothing happens? what would you say abput that? what if i read the necronomicon and nothing happened?
or the bible? are you really saying that reading a book will magically change you?

sorry im not buying it
im a bit of a skeptic as you can tell sorry if i came off harsh

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
I'm a sovereign citizen, I reserve my right to freedom of speech.... and reserve my right from people like YOU choosing what people like ME can and can't view and what I can and can't think!

I think this world would make so much more sense of I put on a blind fold and gag and think and do exactly as told for my entire life and live in blissful ignorance of never second guessing what I'm told.

kay thanks.

I am not making you read the book. Its your choice. I reserve my right to freedom of religion and spirituality.
en.wikipedia.org...

I was asking what you thought. Your opinion. I feel you can think what you chose. Freewill in thought! I'm not making you read or believe anything. I'm just showing what hermetics is. Its your freewill if you want to take a look at it or not. Its my constitutional right to show the book.

What do you think? Should the book be banned? Is it evil? I'm looking for a fundamentalist to reply. So I may have a debate. hehe As I am one of the bright morning stars who fell to earth. lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

idk about all that magical mumbo jumbo but if its a book, you read it, so what?

lets say i read through the book the entire book and nothing happens? what would you say abput that? what if i read the necronomicon and nothing happened?
or the bible? are you really saying that reading a book will magically change you?

sorry im not buying it
im a bit of a skeptic as you can tell sorry if i came off harsh

It may enlighten you or it may just entertain you. I'm sure you would get something out of it. In the end of the book it talks about helping out the world.
Here is another book from John Baines. www.amazon.com...
Im not trying to convert you or tell you that you will gain majic powers lol. I am just saying, should the book be banned? Is it a thought crime? I learned allot from it. Just as I have the Holy bible. You can be a christian hermetisist. A Buddha hermetisist. A Muslim Hermetisist. etc. A no religion but believe in GOD hermitisist. Hermetics is a spiritual philosophy, not a religion.

After reading the introduction...do you think it should be banned?
Hermetics is a philosophy of the light. The necronomicon is of pure evil.
P.S. I would recommend "NOT" reading the book the necronomicon, unless you want the dark angels watching you all the time. In the the necronomicon there is ways to call upon the Igigi / fnords. "The watcher." All the same.
The necronomicon would be banned! (If I was in control.) But once banning books begins, right wing fundamentalists will jump in and ban every book but the bible. lol

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Why should the book be banned? After all writing's from David Wilcock to David Icke, all the way to full religions are questioned and controversial to say the least. Why should this one be any different? Heck it's not technically illegal to share Nazi views in the U.S. so why should this book be any different?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
Why should the book be banned? After all writing's from David Wilcock to David Icke, all the way to full religions are questioned and controversial to say the least. Why should this one be any different? Heck it's not technically illegal to share Nazi views in the U.S. so why should this book be any different?

Just so you know. Hermetics has nothing to do with Nazies. It started in Atlantis and was brought to Egypt. Hermes Trismegistus = Thoth in Egyptian spirituality.

So should it be banned? I try to put it up on my space and after a while a christian fundamentalist who I made friends with complains on myspace and they say that it is inappropriate for my space. I wonder if christian fundamentalists own myspace. Now If it were the necronomican, I could understand. But hermetics? Come on.

Anyways, if the book enlightened one person here. That is super cool, just remember to stay on the good side of the spectrum.
Take the right hand path. en.wikipedia.org... You have freewill. But know GOD, and his angels are watching.

Even though they say...Our forefathers, who were rosicrucians gave us freedom of religion. America is a christian fascist state. If I find Christ through hermetics, that's my freedom. (It does not mean "THEY" have to watch me, like I'm going to blow up the sun with my majic powers. lol Damn patriot act. Spying on hermetists! lol Like they are going to blow up the sun with their minds. lol (Cant happen. GOD made it that way.)

-Peace Out!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I do realize this, yet I was just making the point that if anyone were to not agree with what is said by this book... tough luck. After a quick glance over the information I see nothing that most people would take offense too. Even people of religious belief would probably just sweep this under the mat as nothing more than some rambling of madmen. That of course is if the belief didn't become to widespread and popular to directly challenge a said religion.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by born2BWild]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by born2BWild]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

well idk about all the angels and dark angels things
but all i meant by reading these books was
simply reading them just processing the info from them not doing any spells or even believing any of it

why would a "dark angel" watch me for reading something
if they do exist dont you think they would be watching us all the time anyway?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you aren't making me do anything and you reserve you right... then what's the point of this discussion?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
If you aren't making me do anything and you reserve you right... then what's the point of this discussion?

Fun information.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I don't really have anything to relate to your original post, Theone2000. Instead, I have some personal qualms with your stance that the Necronomicon is somehow an "evil" book. I'm not really sure which "Necronomicon" you've read, so I'm just going to cover the three most common Necronomicon books available in various forms on the market today, and why none of them are anything negative, evil, or bad.

H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon

This is the book that started it all. Lovecraft had a dream, in his dream there was an ancient tome, titled Necronomicon, meaning "Book of Dead Names" in the Greek tongue. Upon waking, Lovecraft — a writer of long-winded horror-fiction — decided to include his fictional, dream-induced Necronomicon as an aspect of his fiction.

Now, there are two things to know about H.P. Lovecraft's work:

The first is that the Elder Gods invoked and mentioned are actually not spirits, angels, demons or gods at all. Lovecraft intended this "race from behind the stars" to actually be extra-terrestrial in origin. Not spiritual/mystical/religious.

The second, for every evil ritual a character from Lovecraft's work participates in that can be found in the Necronomicon, there is also a positive "Elder God banishing" ritual also contained in the book. This is akin to all religious texts. It teaches both positive and negative values: like the Christian God who spares the Jews from Egypt, but later has Moses slaughter women, children and newborns in conquered lands. Good and bad in the same book.

The Necronomicon, by Donald Tyson

This version of The Necronomicon is a lovingly crafted homage to H.P. Lovecraft's fictitious work. All of the locations, beings, and spells are lifted from H.P.'s horror-fiction. None of this is original material, nor is any of it effective occult, esoteric, or magickal formulae.

Tyson has, in fact, gone on to continue his loving homage by crafting a Tarot deck related to H.P.'s tome, and one or two follow up tomes as appendices to the original homage. An homage which he compiled and completed based off of H.P.'s persona letters, notes and hints from various short-stories.

Nothing evil in this book, unfortunately.

Finally, the most "infamous" Necronomicon of them all: the Simonomicon. That is, the Necronomicon according to Simon. Now, I don't really believe that you have read Simon's Necronomicon, nor his book Dead Names, the Dark History of the Necronomicon, or his work The Necronomicon Spellbook, or his final say on the work: The Gates of the Necronomicon. I have though.

Nowhere in any of these books is there anything remotely evil. In fact, all of these books are thinly veiled Babylonian mythology, coupled with rituals and rites from cultures as diverse as India, China, Meso-America, Native American, and tribal shamanism. Unless you believe that 90% of humanity's religious history is "evil" then you have no idea what is contained in these books.

Read them sometime. Even if you ignore the superstitious rituals and rites, you'll actually find the archeology, anthropology, religious history, and detective work to be quite fascinating in each book.

And there you have it, no evil in the Necronomicon.

~ Wandering Scribe

[edit on 27/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Well I'm not a fundamentalist but after reading a bit of the linked book and getting the gist of the story I'll go with the "Sumerian Story".
I don't think any inanimate object is good or evil, a rock, a tree, a book, evil is in your mind and actions taken by a human may be good to some and evil to others.
Being raised in a fanatical christian cult I knew any story I heard would never be the real truth at age six. Although I would like to "believe", yes I don't "know", through reading physics, quantum mechanics etc. that our energy continues on after death. There is absolutely no evidence to support life after death so no one ought to get their hopes up.
As far as dying after reading the book I'll die after writing this sentence.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I don't really have anything to relate to your original post, Theone2000. Instead, I have some personal qualms with your stance that the Necronomicon is somehow an "evil" book. I'm not really sure which "Necronomicon" you've read, so I'm just going to cover the three most common Necronomicon books available in various forms on the market today, and why none of them are anything negative, evil, or bad.

H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon

This is the book that started it all. Lovecraft had a dream, in his dream there was an ancient tome, titled Necronomicon, meaning "Book of Dead Names" in the Greek tongue. Upon waking, Lovecraft — a writer of long-winded horror-fiction — decided to include his fictional, dream-induced Necronomicon as an aspect of his fiction.

Now, there are two things to know about H.P. Lovecraft's work:

The first is that the Elder Gods invoked and mentioned are actually not spirits, angels, demons or gods at all. Lovecraft intended this "race from behind the stars" to actually be extra-terrestrial in origin. Not spiritual/mystical/religious.

The second, for every evil ritual a character from Lovecraft's work participates in that can be found in the Necronomicon, there is also a positive "Elder God banishing" ritual also contained in the book. This is akin to all religious texts. It teaches both positive and negative values: like the Christian God who spares the Jews from Egypt, but later has Moses slaughter women, children and newborns in conquered lands. Good and bad in the same book.

The Necronomicon, by Donald Tyson

This version of The Necronomicon is a lovingly crafted homage to H.P. Lovecraft's fictitious work. All of the locations, beings, and spells are lifted from H.P.'s horror-fiction. None of this is original material, nor is any of it effective occult, esoteric, or magickal formulae.

Tyson has, in fact, gone on to continue his loving homage by crafting a Tarot deck related to H.P.'s tome, and one or two follow up tomes as appendices to the original homage. An homage which he compiled and completed based off of H.P.'s persona letters, notes and hints from various short-stories.

Nothing evil in this book, unfortunately.

Finally, the most "infamous" Necronomicon of them all: the Simonomicon. That is, the Necronomicon according to Simon. Now, I don't really believe that you have read Simon's Necronomicon, nor his book Dead Names, the Dark History of the Necronomicon, or his work The Necronomicon Spellbook, or his final say on the work: The Gates of the Necronomicon. I have though.

Nowhere in any of these books is there anything remotely evil. In fact, all of these books are thinly veiled Babylonian mythology, coupled with rituals and rites from cultures as diverse as India, China, Meso-America, Native American, and tribal shamanism. Unless you believe that 90% of humanity's religious history is "evil" then you have no idea what is contained in these books.
Read them sometime. Even if you ignore the superstitious rituals and rites, you'll actually find the archeology, anthropology, religious history, and detective work to be quite fascinating in each book.

And there you have it, no evil in the Necronomicon.
~ Wandering Scribe
[edit on 27/4/10 by Wandering Scribe]
Yea it was written for entertainment purposes only. But calling upon the watcher is one of the spells in the Necronomicon. You can call him if you like, its a free country I myself will stay far away from the watcher. lol www.horrorseek.com... In the Name of G. and GOD. May GOD bless us and keep the Watchers and the IGIGI away. ( Even if the IGIGI were the GOD's of the Sumerians lol) My GOD is Christ and Buddha my enlightemet

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I know the Watcher ritual you speak of. It's not the Igigi. The Watcher is supposed to be a beast of flame and earth (much like the Balrog in Lord of the Rings). It's a metaphysical being. It comes to watch over your physical body while you travel through the Gates/Spheres. It's purpose is to prevent any other spiritual being from inhabiting/possessing your body while you are on your metaphysical journey.

In The Simon Necronomicon, Simon devotes an entire chapter to the Watcher. Again in The Gates of the Necronomicon, Simon devotes several chapters to this mysterious being. It's not "evil" like you mentioned.

I won't start with the Babylon/Igigi references since I assume you are of the belief that humanity was once imprisoned to some combination of the Igigi and the Annunaki; unfortunately Babylonian mythology does not agree with this. The Igigi and Annunaki were the ones who fought the overlord Tiamat to free everything from her evil binding spell.

That's all I'll say on that though, I've had enough debates over this on these boards.

Blessings to you too.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Evil is relative and thought crime is a fictional crime made up in 1948 (sic).
So no it is not evil or a thought crime. I do see it as you trying to sensationalize it in an effort to get people to read it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

I know the Watcher ritual you speak of. It's not the Igigi. The Watcher is supposed to be a beast of flame and earth (much like the Balrog in Lord of the Rings). It's a metaphysical being. It comes to watch over your physical body while you travel through the Gates/Spheres. It's purpose is to prevent any other spiritual being from inhabiting/possessing your body while you are on your metaphysical journey.

In The Simon Necronomicon, Simon devotes an entire chapter to the Watcher. Again in The Gates of the Necronomicon, Simon devotes several chapters to this mysterious being. It's not "evil" like you mentioned.

I won't start with the Babylon/Igigi references since I assume you are of the belief that humanity was once imprisoned to some combination of the Igigi and the Annunaki; unfortunately Babylonian mythology does not agree with this. The Igigi and Annunaki were the ones who fought the overlord Tiamat to free everything from her evil binding spell.

That's all I'll say on that though, I've had enough debates over this on these boards.

Blessings to you too.

~ Wandering Scribe

Well thank you for the information. The whole book necronomican gives me the creeps though. No offense. lol I'll stay with my Christ, Buddha and Hermetics. hehe Maybe I'll call on the archangels After I read the book "The Practice of Magical Evocation". Written By en.wikipedia.org... He was cool. the Nazies tried to get him to write about Nazi mysticism and they told him that if he declined they would throw him into a concentration camp. he declined the evil side of the force. This show me that he was a good guy. So his majic, I feel safe to study. www.scribd.com... Should these books be banned?

Your supposed to read his book on hermetics and kabalah before you invoke the Archangels. So maybe, I'll read these first.

You know the book I think is really cool, is a book by Jason Newcomb.
How to get in touch with your holy guardian Angels.
www.amazon.com...
My Holy guardian Angel is www.auriel.org
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

wow man you are becoming cooler and cooler in my eye
i didnt even know half that stuff about the necronomicon, just from a few short stories by h.p.lovecraft and the one i read at walden books
you really have put the book in a new light for me

and very sensible, logical and not conclusion jumpy if that makes sense

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Evil is relative and thought crime is a fictional crime made up in 1948 (sic).
So no it is not evil or a thought crime. I do see it as you trying to sensationalize it in an effort to get people to read it.
'

I'm truly not trying to sensationalize it. It's just something I truly enjoy and would like to share with others. But yea... I do NOT agree with you about evil being relative. The infinite multidimensional quantum multiverse's consciousness is moral love = GOD. GOD is real. He gives us freewill. If you were to put it in mathematics. GOD would be 75 percent of the universe and Satan 25 percent destruction. Why do bad things happen to good people. They got unlucky and the 25 percent won. There is a universal evil and good. 1 plus 1 = 2. God and the Devil do exist ... maybe not physically but spiritually.

mathematics says so even..

as follows with multiplication.. Its all code.

a bad thing (-) to happen(X) to a bad person (-) is (=) always good (+)

a bad thing (-) to happen(X) to a good person (+) is (=) always bad (-)

and so forth.

To tell you the truth. I'm scared of the watcher. lol

I have been Harassed by "them" because of my downloading of books on majic. They think I'm going to blow up the sun with my mind or something. I did save the world once. But no one but me, "Them" and GOD'S angels know about this. 1000 years of peace.
Peace between evolved Human and aliens. And 1000 years of peace for humans and angels. We will become more angle like with technology that will be in 1000 years. It will be mind blowing. We will live forever then with nobots repairing our cells etc.. We will be like Angels. Not as advanced as them though but still we must have a peace treaty. Between aliens, angels and future humans. (100 years from now.) I think I'll hop off this and study the kabalah.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join