It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Ron Paul: US House of Representatives just passed another warmongering bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

It would hurt our country because unfortunately our ENTIRE economy is an oil based on. One based on CHEAP oil. I mean leave gasoline and actual oil out of the equation. Do you realize just how much of our economy relies on oil and petroleum products? Everything from the food we eat to the fertilizers we use to grow our food to the pills we put into our body. Just look at all the effing plastic in our economy. EVERYTHING is plastic. Where does plastic come from? OIL!

All plastic products, many of the materials used to make the clothes you wear, or the carpet you walk on, plus hundreds of the other products we take for granted, are made from petrochemicals. As the name implies, a main ingredient in petrochemicals is oil.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What this means?

Obama now will stop trading with China? what a hypocrisy, China have billions of dollars invested in Irans economy.

Once again the government is lying. . .

Once again the government is playing the public like suckers

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

there have been troops stationed at the north and south korean border since the 50s dude.

You are right, and I hadn't even considered that. I don't believe America is evil. I love my country and I served in the military. I see more and more though that what we are led to believe is happening in the world is not what is actually going on.

You see there is a reason we are beating the drums of war over Iran. There is a reason we went back into Iraq and it had nothing to do with the official story that we were given. There is a reason we are in Afghanistan too and it has nothing to do with the official story.

What we are being led to believe is that our foreign relations are struggling to spread the good will of the American public but first we have to deal with these barbaric regimes that know no better. Take a look at what has gone on in the past and you will see what I am talking about.

That foreign relations policy they have is nothing to do with what we really want. It is what someone, not our government alone, wants. Its an agenda that has gone on for far too long. The thing is, I believe, people are starting to see it and they are asking some very basic questions. Questions that someone, not our government alone, are not willing to entertain.

The government is a reflection of its people. At least its supposed to be. Lately the reflection that they are exhibiting is far from what I know to be true. Don't be hurt by the thread my friend. I am not saying America is evil.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
not you jack your one of the more balanced posters in ur thread:p

my appolgies tho i should have worded it better in any case.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I understand the need for oil, but I am not on board with our continued sanctions and military intervention in the middle east to accomplish cheap oil. It would seem to me that all the money, resources, and lives we bleed in the name of cheap oil through hostilities could be accomplished better through a detente approach. I am not being naive in hoping that waiving the white flag and wishing peaceful thoughts brings about the better outcome. Rather, I question whether our continued escalating involvement through direct action in mid east affairs truly furthers cheap oil.

I would far rather we pay a little more for that particular resource and save the blood of our soldiers and the billions of dollars we spend fighting a loosing political and cultural war. In other words, when does the price to secure cheap oil through an aggressive foreign policy become too high? I fear we have crossed that threshold with the first gulf war continuing forward.

I thank you for your comment and do not take your assertions lightly. I understand it is hard to know if our course is the best one.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
It's simply the dying gasp of a major empire. Rome did it, Persia did it (Ironic, considering the topic at hand), Spain, Germany, Russia, Britain, etc.

You go out with a bang and then fizzle into the shadows. The USA is on the decline and I doubt I will even have children by the time it ceases to matter, so rapid is it currently crumbling.

Look to historical examples and you'll see the process repeated time and again throughout the past 4000 years. It seems we simply cannot learn from our mistakes.

Its not that we can't learn I used to think the same thing then I realized.

The same people and families have been in control at least since Rome and they have the same goal world conquest.

The TPTB are the biggest idiots the planet has ever known.

They keep doing the same things and expect a different result. They have no creativity they are merely thieves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join