It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Ron Paul: US House of Representatives just passed another warmongering bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Rep. Ron Paul: US House of Representatives just passed another warmongering bill

www. examiner.com

The US House of Representatives just passed HR 2194, the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability and Divestment Act by a vote of 400 to 11. That is, only 11 individuals opposed it. Representative Ron Paul, R-TX, was one of the courageous individuals who opposed this bill, which he labeled as a warmongering effort similar to US actions before the invasion of Iraq.

The bill gives the president the authority to impose sanctions on Iran by essentially preventing the US from trading with any individual, company or country that trades with Iran.

In its simplest provision, the bill

'Di
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The legions have their marching orders don't they? I am telling you that this is the beginning of the big event that the PTB need to begin consolidating the population and the earth's resources. This is going to be no small event.

They, in my opinion, have a lot riding on this coming war. The death toll will be enumerable. That is another facet of the plan that fits in with their depopulation efforts. So all that's needed now is something to get the ball rolling.

www. examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jackflap]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I really grow tired of the war posturing in America.

The idea that the Democrats would change things is now proven to be (as I said) as laughable as it possible can be without crying.

I'm about done with these fools.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
“Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing sooner than war” -Homer. This guy had it right, it's never going to end.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's simply the dying gasp of a major empire. Rome did it, Persia did it (Ironic, considering the topic at hand), Spain, Germany, Russia, Britain, etc.

You go out with a bang and then fizzle into the shadows. The USA is on the decline and I doubt I will even have children by the time it ceases to matter, so rapid is it currently crumbling.

Look to historical examples and you'll see the process repeated time and again throughout the past 4000 years. It seems we simply cannot learn from our mistakes.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What the hell are Americans just stupid? I mean seriously people.............we spend $600+ billion on our defense industry. Do you think "they" are just going to let all that fancy equipment and state of the art technology sit around and collect dust? I mean seriously...........the average Americans ability to see the forest for the trees is downright silly these days. Born and bred in this great country.........................I'm getting a little sick of it, especially our leaders. The US government is in fact one of the most corrupt organizations that has ever existed.

War is profit................when a good chunk of our economy is the defense industry what the hell do we expect?
If we weren't policing the world and spending billions on a daily basis for the wars can you imagine how much worse the US and global economy would be? The world is a sick sick place!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

The funny thing is most fo those empires you stated lasted a heck of a lot longer than 250+ years. That's the sad thing. America is such a young nation but is knee deep in such corruption, and disarray.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

It's the progression of power. No empire before the USA had such immense power in their control. No empire had the ability to create wealth from thin air. The USA mastered the atom, it created social security, it was the land of the free where anyone could become a capitalist.

Sadly, the flame that burns brightest burns out faster than any other.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How many wars was Britain fighting before a bunch of colonial farmers were able to beat them back?

The fed keeps jumping to wage war on the other side of the world and there wont be any resistance left here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is like that movie the hunt for red October.

The USA is travailing at high speed with is's sonars on full blast not listening to anything, just driving forward knowing that theres a water fall coming up.

But no body the hell cares to what is going to happen, I guess they are hoping to grow wings and fly but pigs not fly.

It's going to be a crazy out come.

RIP USA

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I would argue the idea of capitalism was embraced by our founders but it is an idea that never came to fruition. If America had real free market capitalism the Rockefellers and the Carnegies and the Hearsts of the world would never have existed. I'm sure the people at the Ludlow Massacre would have agreed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jsettica

But that's just it........PEOPLE do care. The people that control the world....many involved in US politics WANT WAR.........another major war will break America's back. It will create more intense financial problems and destroy the American middle class. That's what has to happen for a global economy, currency, and government to truly take place. A well armed, prosperous American middle class is the last stop gap to world hegemony. But we are all too busy texting and shopping to realize it!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The U.S. is a corporation and the Armies over in Iraq do not represent the people.

Check my signature links and read for yourself.

The people do not have any control of what happens militarily.

Congress just passes the bills, they do not write them, they can only approve, which makes them worthless IMHO.

Just keep following the rules, but make sure to have a gun in your house and some food. Those are the real rules.

Good find by the way

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Sadly enough, I see the truth in what you posted. They tell us in the news exactly what they are going to do. They have been playing this one up for some time. That way when it happens, we'll all say, I knew those Iranians were going to start a war!

North Korea constantly threatens the U.S. with nuclear weapons. I wonder why we aren't perched on their borders? I bet it has something to do with natural resources. Just a guess of mine though.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why this should not be our foreign policy in the middle east?

We want to trade with you because we want to buy your oil and exchange goods with your countries. We are pulling all our troops and coming home because we are not helping the situation. Our position with Israel is the same as all other Arab countries: we are not getting involved anymore. Good luck. Call us if you ever need us to mediate a dispute.

Seriously, can anyone tell me how this would hurt our Country?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sibilance

Seriously, can anyone tell me how this would hurt our Country?

Well it is a little more involved than that my friend. You see, if we let them control their own resources they can than dictate the price of them. Which has an impact on everything. It would be like letting them run the world and quite frankly there are many more entities who would prefer to have that job title.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I really think all the top politicians in the world are buddy buddy. The evidence I got that from was the Olympics when G. Bush Jr. was sitting next to Putin having what seemed to be a great time.

So, all the world, really is a stage, if you look at it. The world government leaders are just playing drama and letting the financial slaves destroy themselves.

The Elitists like to control natural resources, in doing so controls larger amounts of people, say America.

Now I just started thinking about what the bill says in the tittle alone. China is now building a Missile Factory there, what is going to happen now that the bill is enacted and China is our Creditor?!

I refer to somethings and people as double minded. Meaning they are trying to do 2 things that conflict with each other; Making the thing or person clinically whacked and deserve to be in a mental institution. (Admiralty Law gets into suing Material Objects. Cars,Shoes,Doors, etc.)

This bill is something I would refer to as double minded.

Population control is really hard to see, but it is right there for everyone to see.

The "terrorists" exist, but they do not stand for terror, they fight the U.S. corporation the only way they know how, with guns and bombs. Which doesn't make them terrorists, but Rebels.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I really grow tired of the war posturing in America.

The idea that the Democrats would change things is now proven to be (as I said) as laughable as it possible can be without crying.

I'm about done with these fools.

Obama is a war hawk, which was clear even before we elected him, actually. He didn't even make it a secret, and his only criticism of the war was that is was a "strategic blunder." Note: Not a "moral blunder," or "a stupid #ing idea." But, a "strategic blunder."

He has no problems going to war, and attacking civi's in countries we're not even technically at war with. He admitted that in the debate, whereas an outraged John McCain replied "Ya, but you don't SAY that. You do it, but you don't SAY it!"

Welcome to america 2010, land of the #ing insane, uneducated, crazy retards. Enjoy your stay

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Obama is a war hawk, which was clear even before we elected him, actually. He didn't even make it a secret, and his only criticism of the war was that is was a "strategic blunder." Note: Not a "moral blunder," or "a stupid #ing idea." But, a "strategic blunder." He has no problems going to war, and attacking civi's in countries we're not even technically at war with.

After 9/11, George W. Bush was granted broad executive powers to combat terrorism around the world, and under Barack Obama the programme of killing using drones has accelerated sharply. Unmanned planes are used routinely to pick out specific enemies, not just in the wild Pakistani borderlands but in Yemen, Somalia and elsewhere. President Obama has ordered more drone strikes on terrorist targets in his first year in office than President Bush did in two terms. Of the 99 drone attacks carried out in Pakistan since 2004, 89 occurred after January 2008; last year there were a record 50 drone strikes, up from 31 the year before.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

This article was from March 25, 2010. So our drone attacks have been increasing steadily and now we have this great new power granting authority given to the man himself. I wonder what he'll be told to do with these new powers?

I then begin to wonder, seeing the financial crisis and all, how much it costs to arm, maintain and deploy these drones? I bet we could feed a lot of people with that kind of cash but hey, we gotta get the evil doers right?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Quickfix

Sadly enough, I see the truth in what you posted. They tell us in the news exactly what they are going to do. They have been playing this one up for some time. That way when it happens, we'll all say, I knew those Iranians were going to start a war!

North Korea constantly threatens the U.S. with nuclear weapons. I wonder why we aren't perched on their borders? I bet it has something to do with natural resources. Just a guess of mine though.

this statement is to jack:

there have been troops stationed at the north and south korean border since the 50s dude.

this is to the rest of the haters:

to all the america haters answer me this:

why is it that the american left is the only people in the world who shi** on their own country.

there is true evil in this world and america is not it.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by neo96]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join