It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Landing Pads, Maybe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Before anyone flames me about the title, please note I just copied the title word for word from the source link:

UFO Landing Pads, Maybe?

This was #3 of the top 10 Google Earth finds (the other top 10 Google Earth finds are interesting also, though maybe off-topic in the UFO forum):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69650ea232cb.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's a true Google Earth mystery. These odd formations can be found on air bases in the U.S. and Britain — this one comes from a base outside Norwich, England. The U.K. Ministry of Defense called it a motorcycle range, but other speculate it may be some sort of calibration tool for satellites. No one really knows — and the military isn't saying anything more.

Does anyone work at the bases which have these structures that can confirm what they are for without violating national security? If it's really just a motorcycle range, confirming that shouldn't be a national security issue, however I have my doubts about that story.

Of course I have even more doubts about the "UFO landing Pad?" title.

However I'm not sure what it's really for. Can anyone shed any light on this?

What are your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.secret-bases.co.uk... (go towards bottom - there is an explanation with many photos of this and others). They are motorcycle training ranges. They can be found in other locations too, as indicated at that website

New Mexico motorcycle training range

Norfolk VA motorcycle training range

Sorry. Nothing to do with UFOs

[edit on April 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks for the link with the photos of other motorcycle training ranges, I guess that confirms what it is! The disappearing motorcycle training range photos are interesting too!

And no need to apologize, like I said I didn't think it was really a UFO landing pad, not sure why they chose that title for the feature.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Since that is settled...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join