It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank Accused of Promoting Land Grabbing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

World Bank Accused of Promoting Land Grabbing

www.commondreams.org

riends of the Earth International warned today that voluntary principles on land acquisitions announced by the World Bank and supported by the UN will legitimize and promote land grabbing in Asia, Africa and Latin America

Land grabbing is proven to further marginalize small food producers, and local communities who already make up the largest part of the 1 billion people suffering most from hunger and poverty

Millions of people's livelihoods are being destroyed by land grabbing, especially
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
globalhealth.kff.org

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is something pretty big going on witht he World Bank right now!

Please read on:

It was a short hallway conversation but spoke volumes about the dilemma facing Democrats, hungry for new revenues after emptying the cupboard on health care reform.

“I don’t think there’s much doubt that there will be a bank tax,” Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus told POLITICO.
www.politico.com...

And then....

Bare with me...

April 26 (Bloomberg) -- World Bank shareholders supported capital increases that will provide $5.1 billion in cash and enhance China’s clout at the agency created after World War II to eradicate poverty.

The 186 member countries yesterday agreed to provide $3.5 billion to the bank’s unit that lends to governments

Another $1.6 billion from developing nations will boost their voting powers, enabling China to leapfrog countries such as Germany and the U.K. to become the third-largest shareholder behind the U.S. and Japan.
www.businessweek.com...

What do you guys think?

Am I the only one who sees the link and am delusional or............

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This kind of stuff has been happening for a long time. Big $$$ grabbing land from little citizen. *Unjustly often times*

I don't even know what is going on, as nothing in the text you linked explains "HOW" they get someones land.

But here I will guess based on logic.

I would assume, they will either create Rules(laws) that govern farmers, or they will levy a Tax on those farmers.

When the Farmers break said absurd rule, or fail to pay the expensive tax; the government would then use such an excuse as precedent for confiscating their land.

Then they will auction that land off to the big $$$ interests at super cheap prices.

Through this type of scheme, you can grab land all over, and use the "law" to make it look legit.

When in reality it is HIGHLY criminal and ANTI-HUMAN.

I could be wrong. But the article does not say exactly how they will "grab the land" so I am simply guessing based on logic/rationality.

I will continue doing research and find out if my guesstimate - theory turns out true or false.

I could be totally off base here, we will find out soon enough.

new topics

join