It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada has a Royal Regiment!??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I seriously never knew Canada still had a Royal Regiment, that is seriously awesome
Do they still go out and fight or are they display purpose only?

If anyone want to know what music they are playing, it's the grenadiers song.

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
They have the Royal Canadian Mounted Police too, and their royal anthem is "God Save The Queen (facts from Wiki)....i'm guessing it's all to do with the queen being head of state.

CX.

PS: I can't stop thinking of Blackadder when i hear that song.

[edit on 27/4/10 by CX]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
And the regiment of my Home County (the Tigers) has the Danish Queen as their Colonel in Cheif, while the King of Jordan is the Colonel in Cheif of the Light Dragoons..

Some really interesting history and connections in the services that never get a mention..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
You know what else is cool? Canada doesn't belong to Canadians.

Canada belongs to the royal family of England.We have the queen's face on our dollar bills and coins.

We belonged to the english royals ever since the plains of abraham battle.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

How to the majority of Canadians think about this? Do most of you hate this or are you all cool with it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

How to the majority of Canadians think about this? Do most of you hate this or are you all cool with it?

Makes them almost British by proxy. How could they NOT love it

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The queen is a reptilian. *hisssssssssss*

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think it's time to give the Royals the boot. They visit Canada like what, once every 5 to 10 years? They could care less about Canada, it's more about "we own you" than it is about anything else. The Queen can go jump in a lake that old wench.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know for a fact that *some* Canadians much prefer their British ties and ancestry to having anything to do with the US.

Sure, the Royal Family is a bit (lot) of a joke now and serves no real purpose - but there's still a great deal of similarity between the two countries that I don't think a sever of the link will every fully occur.

I mean, they both hate the French so..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
I know for a fact that *some* Canadians much prefer their British ties and ancestry to having anything to do with the US.

I mean, they both hate the French so..

I have no problem with Canada's relationship to the Royals or the French. It's part of our national character. Drive down the highway...note the crown on the sign. Some still say "The King's Highway". Ontario Provincial Police cruisers display a coat of arms on the door...including a crown. Lot's of Royal references around, but many are subtle. We have the 'Queen's Cowboys' (RCMP)...out on the Rock, they have The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary, whose dress uniforms include 'Bobby' style hats.

And in consideration of our roots, one may have noticed that we retain British spelling in many instances...unlike our neighbours to the south.

As to the French, they are an integral part of this country. Where I live used to be part of New France...as was much of the U.S....and I am fascinated by the subtle remains of their presence that can still be discerned if you look for them. I enjoy Quebec and spent 5 days in Quebec City last summer...the oldest walled city in North America. My French sux...and we still had a great time.

Like I said, our colonial connections are part of who we are and for the most part, we relish them.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Canadians love the Queen. At least, those speaking english.

Aresh

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Canada sovereign country? - Yeah, right!

There is so much distortion in Western history, silenced parts and direct lies that if people just would knew these as facts... Democracy, yeah - right!

Its discusting.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Canada, like Australia and New Zealand have long been loyal and steadfast friends and allies of the UK and have earned our eternal repsect and gratitude.

There is more to be being British than The Royal Family and there are more ties that bind our great nations together than which divide us.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The links are 2 way..

The Canadian Flag flies alongside the Union flag above my town on the SE coast.. and your see a number of references to Canadian presence even in our pub signs

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6978d6b05c0b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 27/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Canada sovereign country? - Yeah, right!
There is so much distortion in Western history, silenced parts and direct lies that if people just would knew these as facts... Democracy, yeah - right!
Its discusting.

My first thought was that you might be more specific, as we're doing pretty good in that department. Then I saw Makow cited in your signature line.

In the words of the prophet "Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

The links are 2 way..

The Canadian Flag flies alongside the Union flag above my town on the SE coast.. and your see a number of references to Canadian presence even in our pub signs

Pubs? Beer? No surprise there, eh?

Nice to see, though...thanks for the reference.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

We most certainly do have a Royal regiment.

The Royal Canadian Regiment

And they most certainly still do fight.

theroyalcanadianregiment.ca...

theroyalcanadianregiment.ca...

A list of the fallen in Afghanistan

There are other units in the CF that have Royal links as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Of Course Beer... thought it the best example
but it is easy to forget how this is a 2 way relationship and we in Britian do still feel close to Canada..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

well the most powerfull persone in canada is not the voice of the people(prime minister)its the general governer witch is apointed by the queen.

laws need to sign by the general governor before they are official.

im a french canadian i love canada but i hate the queen

i would like to see canada splitting completely from the british bs

if they dont im scare canada will loose quebec.my self included

dont get me wrong most of my friends are english

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I am french canadian and the ties that we have with Great Britain and the Queen does not bother me at all. The separatists here surely does not think the same .

The USA have a greater influence on our country than Great Britain does.

Did you know our navy ships here are all named HMCS: Her Majesty Canadian Service....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join