It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican president condemns Arizona immigrant law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Mexican president condemns Arizona immigrant law

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY – Mexican President Felipe Calderon on Monday condemned Arizona's tough new immigration law as discriminatory and warned that relations with the U.S. border state will suffer.

The measure, which will make it a crime under state law to be an illegal immigrant, "opens the door to intolerance, hate, discrimination and abuse in law enforcement," Calderon said.

Calderon said he had instructed the Foreign Relations Department to double its efforts to protect the rights of Mexicans living in the United States and seek help from lawyers and immigration experts.

"Nobody can s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
hey ats ive been hearing alot of complaining about this new immigration law in arizona, apparently now hispanics are going to be hounded all day every day to see "identification" papers
sounds kinda nazi-ish to me, however we really dont need illegal immagrants do we? theres two sides of the coin though you know?

heres the mexican presidents view on the subject

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
And it's the Mexican president's business why?

He cares about rights and discrimination yet fails to keep Mexican violence and drug cartels under control..

Right right.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Rights? Rights?!!!! Illegal Aliens have no rights here!
Mexico needs to mind its own business.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

And it's the Mexican president's business why?
reply to post by Scarcer

Because ! He's still in Mexico!. Ieeeeeeha ha ha ha!
Sorry I watched the three Amigos yesterday.
Got a little carrisd away.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
who gives a rat's A$$ what Mexico Prez thinks???

Sheeple, this is how the NWO is gonna unite
the North American Union. This is why congress
and the US Prez are not enforcing immigration laws.

If you love the US, u better stop this mass Mexican
invasion right now or you will not have a Constitution
to save after we become the North American Union.
U better enforce illegal immigration or it's good-bye
to the US of A.

I'd be willing to bet there is already a document somewhere
with our new NAU Constitution on it and I guarantee you
there won't be a single article on there about militias
or right to bear arms or freedom of speech.

This is it, speak up now or forever hold your peace.
It's now or never. We hold the lines ....
or the NWO wins

[edit on 27-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This law is a stepping stone for all states to use.

YES it should be ILLEGAL for a person to be in this country ILLEGALLY!
You need to become a citizen, legally and through the proper channels.

That is why laws are written. This isn't the 1800's where you just walked in.
I am all for Arizona passing this law.
The massive influx of illegals in the southwestern states needs to cease.

IF YOU WANT TO LIVE IN THE USA...DO IT LEGALLY.

Well, nevermind because if you're an illegal alien you get:
1. Social Security (payed by the US taxpayer)
2. Any type of Job a US citizen doesn't want.
3. Now Healthcare (thanks to the current admins.)
4. Birth of your children to be natural born citizens. Legally.
5. Oh yeah and Jobs.

What else? I'm sure there are more benefits than deficits for being illegal.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I'm from Mexico.

I would like to ask Americans to pay no attention to the American puppet currently running Mexico.

The guys is a two faced idiot, and could give two squats about Mexico besides privatizing it's resources to foreign corporations.

America is your country, if you guys want to hoot and holler over stupid laws that accomplish nothing but harass illegal immigrants you have every right to do so.

You guys are really dumb tho, this Arizona thing is going to become a huge flash flag drama issue that will inevitably result in your Federal government granting yet another blanket Amnesty bill that will supposedly solve the problem.

You guys fall for it every time.

If you want to Stop illegal immigration just demand that your small businesses, the ones that make up 85% of your GDP a year, to go out of business by hiring Legal workers.

But anyway...Felipe Calderon is an ideot and should not be given any press at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

HOLY CRAP!

You get all that! SWEET! Talk about a bag of goodies!

*Izzy opens the Mexican Yellow Pages and looks up his local human smuggler and dials the number on his phone*

Izzy: Hola...Si buneno?

Smuggler hot line recording: Buenos dias, Grasias por llamar a "Enrique human smuggling services"...Para Engles press 1, Para Espanol press 2.

*Izzy Presses the number 2 on his dial pad*

Smuggler hot line recording: Si desea llegar a los Estados Unidos pormedio del diserto press 1, Si desea llegar por el mar Pacifico press 2, Por un tubo de drenaje press 3, O tambien contamos con Tuneles con aire condisionado para su comodabilidad....

*Izzy presses 3*

Ahh, I hate audio recordings, don't you? Why don't they ever put a real person on the line.....

This might be a bit guys, I'll just see you all up in the US in about a week.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Perhaps Calderon should focus on the massive problems within Mexico and keep his nose out of a STATE law that mirrors federal law.

The Federal Law was ignored by our govt so Arizona is stepping up to the plate to enforce it.

Sadly, most of the damage in these border states has already been done and now they are trying to make up for the lost time due to federal inaction over the years. It is like saving a house that has been corrupted by termites for 10 years.

The borders should have been made rock solid back in 2001.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Is it just me who laugh at the "Make it against the law to be an illegal alien"?

That being said... I live in Sweden. We don't go around telling Norway, Denmark or Finland how to run their immigration politics, nor should we. As said by previous poster(s?)... Mexico should mind their own damn business. Take care of your own back yard before you start demanding the clean up of someone else's, president.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yeah instead of /your ideot president Regan granting amnesty to the whole world while at the same time preaching from his soap box to Gorbachev...

Quote "Mr.s Gorvachov....Bring....down...Your....WALLLLLL!

He should have shut his trap and minded his own country's issues instead of depending on us brown people to populate your country.

What he should have done is built a huge North Korean wall of China, and plunges the US in to 300 years of isolation like the Japanese did way back in the day and instead preached to the American people to HAVE SOME DAMNED BABIES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

There is an old saying where I come from...

You don't let your leaders open up the barn doors, roll out a red carpet, a toss out benefits like it's a pinata with it's head bashed off to a bunch of Mexican cows.....and if you do....blaming the cow wont do much.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The Mexico president is welcome to declare war against Arizona illegal immigration law.

I imagine they are ready . . . to fight back.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
I think Rush may be right on the money with this one
second line

[edit on 27-4-2010 by murfdog]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think it is a bit rich when Americans tell other people to 'mind their own business'. When it is america that intrudes in everyone elses business, not nice when the shoe is on the other foot is it.

Despite this i still agree that Arizona should be afforded the right to enforce a law.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

Yes, I agree with you, the US government "love" to tell other nations how to mind their business, but if you have noticed since the US market crash and economic instability nobody is listening to our nations government anymore.

Now as for Arizona, it is not the American government, is the state of Arizona the one that is doing this, it doesn't actually have the approval of its union states neither the Federal government.

We citizens of our own states should force our state governments into follow in sue and pass similar enforcement laws to help with the immigration problem that the federal government as a corporate entities is not taking very seriously due to the corruption that has taken over by corporate private entities, foreign and domestic.

Its starting to show that our worst enemy to our nation and its citizens is the powers of corruption runing behind our Federal governemnt.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Arizona screwed up in passing their law. What they should have done was to pass a law identical to Mexico's immigration laws.

Some of Mexico's immigration laws.
An immigrant has to
◦be in the country legally;
◦have the means to sustain themselves economically;
◦not destined to be burdens on society;
◦of economic and social benefit to society;
◦of good character and have no criminal records; and
◦contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:
◦immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
◦foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
◦foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country's internal politics;
◦foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
◦foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
◦those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

That is the best immigration law I have seen in a long time

But as you know Arizona could not stray away from the Federal laws already established because it would face legal problems.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

These are simple immigration laws all countries except the US has. There is a very good reason for this tho.

America is not a nation, It's not a Japan or a China or a Mexico or anything like any other country in the world.

It's scrap of land country crated by a bunch of Immigrants who left heir home land. That's what America is.

Now all those descendants of Immigrants want to close the door and stop people from coming in.

Understandable.

But in order to do this you need to put pressure on YOUR country and not the Illegal immigrant YOUR country let in and gives great benefits too.

Do you think Mexico has a welfare system people can mooch of of? Do you think Mexico gives great health care payed for by the Tax payer? Do you think Mexico Gives SS to people who have not payed into it?

NO..

Than why does your country? And why do you blame the Mexican for going to the US? If Canada Offered you a better job top of the line health care and free SS and you lived in poverty what the hell would you do?

You guys are barking up the wrong tree by getting made at the illegal immigrant. The illegal immigrant is no different that your forefather when he came to America looking for greener grass.

Get mad at your government, Get mad at yourselves for making it attractive and super easy to illegal immigrate to America.

If you want to close your doors, thats fine but have some class about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And let me tell you it works great.

Till this day Americans have no right to own land in Mexico. that's because as corrupt as this country is the land is sacred and reserved for it's people.

Your country could learn a few things from Mexico.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join