It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we really know if Earth was about to be destroyed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Are you going to be here 200 years from now and ask this same question? The reason I say this is because of the great fear so many have of death. We all will die some day, so why fear it? And how we all will die, has no bearing on it at all. Be it a car crash, heart attack or by a comet hitting us. If we were beings who live forever in one physical body, I could almost understand this question, but we don`t.

So, what good would it do, to know the Earth was going to be destroyed? What preparations could one do in this case, and what good would that do? One should always be ready within themselves in a spiritual nature for this, not just at the last minute.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

I had the same thoughts or nearly so..if I saw an exodus of ufos
shooting for the stars..I would be highly suspicious that something
bad was about to happen on earth.
People who believe in biblical scriptures know that not even the angels
know when the end will be..but nothing states that we could not
suffer some devestating blows from world war etc...There should be
people living here when the final war occurs..but who can say when
that will be?
Basically I have two schools of thought on the aliens ..either they
are of a demonic nature or they are so vastly different from us that
they had no need/desire to build cities upon the face of the earth..
ie: they live beneath the surface or in another dimension..this is
the point where it would seem plausible that they are of a spiritual
nature..in the bible the angels sat down and ate ( least I think it says
that )..sorry, I'm not very strong in literature of any nature. If this
is true..they can take many forms can the bad angels do the same????

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I dont think the world would be alerted, but on the other hand i dont think the government and world leaders would be expecting it either. Plenty of people would die of fright upon seeing what is happening and others wont know much about it as they'd perish in a matter of seconds/minutes.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Im going to lie to you :

Yes, Obama would have a world wide televized warning to all nations.
The News media would give us all the details with When,why and how.

The military would come and help us pilaging and rioting etc. It would be good times...

Truth: you wouldn't hear one word about it, if people knew, the rational people like shop owners would close down and move around see the world before the event.

kind of already happening if you ask me. Just look at our economy in the USA and see how nobody is getting punished for "missing" money or how Obama is not even fixing the economy and just spending as much as they can. Some guy in belgium has already quit his job and is just traveling the world because of 2012.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Comet NEAT wasn't huge. What you saw on the SOHO was not a solid object, but a gaseous envelope called the coma. The solid bit is called the nucleus. Comet nuclei are not huge.

Commet nucleus - wikipedia

Most cometary nuclei are thought to be no more than about 10 miles (16 kilometers) across.[2] But we do know of cometary nuclei up to 40km across.

If such an object hit the sun it would have done nada. The energy of the impact would be small compared to the energy put out by the sun. If it hit the earth that would be trouble.

For what it's worth amateur astronomers would see the comet coming at us for months. You don't have to worry about the government trying to hide what is out there in plain sight.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Why, I've seen human artefacts going back 150 million years found embedded in rock, coal.

Really? Prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join