It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we really know if Earth was about to be destroyed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ok. So I was doing my usual rounds on ATS reading and reading.

Then this thought entered my mind...

Now humor me for a second, even if you do not believe in any of this, hypothesize with me...

If you saw the original M.I.B with Will Smith, you'll remember that a superior alien species was about to destroy the Earth and mass amounts of aliens living on Earth were evacuating...

Now if aliens are visiting the Earth and living here with us,
And something catastrophic was about to happen to Earth, i.e. 2012 or a rogue meteor big enough to destroy us, and the aliens were not going to or unable to stop it, wouldn't we see a mass evacuation of UFO's shooting up into the sky?

If there are such a large amount of alien species supposedly here as some say, they would obviously be in the know and evacuate, don't you think? And that would be something that mass amounts of people would see.

Mostly because it's the end of the world and they would have no reason to hide themselves or worry about being seen, correct?

Just a thought

What other obvious signs do you think will come about if some impending doom was upon us?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Good question.

I personally think if Earth was to be destroyed, the vast majority of the population would be caught by complete surprise.

There may be some insiders who know its' coming though. They would probably try to get out of here if possible lol.

Maybe piggy back a ride to the space station, idk.

But yeah, I don't think anyone will be the wiser. It will come as a total surprise. Like a thief in the night.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Im going to lie to you :

Yes, Obama would have a world wide televized warning to all nations.
The News media would give us all the details with When,why and how.

The military would come and help us pilaging and rioting etc. It would be good times...

Truth:

you wouldn't hear one word about it, if people knew, the rational people like shop owners would close down and move around see the world before the event.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter

If you saw the original M.I.B with Will Smith, you'll remember that a superior alien species was about to destroy the Earth and mass amounts of aliens living on Earth were evacuating...

What other obvious signs do you think will come about if some impending doom was upon us?

Watch the dolphins...

So long. Thanks for the fish.

(Sorry had to).

I dunno. I think it would be highly situational, in terms of who found out, and who might actually alert the public, and how, and what the circumstances for impending cataclysm are.

Too many variables. They might tell us... And then again... They might not. We might notice something amiss... and then again... Well you get it.

Could you be more specific?

What sort of disaster? Are we taking it as a given that there are aliens on the planet? Etc...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Indeed...a PSA would go out minutes before with some nice pictures and/or charts explaining the impending doom to come.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52cbdd175ab6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree with muzzleflash that the bulk of the population wouldn't have a clue as to anything being wrong. If there happened to be a comet coming close to Earth, close enough to cause problems I think we would probably see it but as far as an agency such as the USAF or NASA letting on that we were in danger I doubt they would tell us. The comet NEAT in 2003 (date may be wrong) was huge and passed very close to the sun, from the looks of the SOHO video if it would have impacted the sun I think we may have been in trouble ( I've been around here a few years and still don't know how to upload links) but you can see the comet on SOHO's website just go to the archives. At any rate I sure don't remember any information about a giant comet passing by the sun that year, later yes but not at the time of the event. There's a person named Nassim Harriman (sic) a physicist that claims we weren't told because the gov. thought we were toast.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
No, it won't happen, never has, no matter how big the destruction. Why, I've seen human artefacts going back 150 million years found embedded in rock, coal. Of course, if you see death becoming inevitable, then that death is no different than any other death at any time. Don't worry.
You are immortal.
And when you come back, you'll never know you've been!
Like now.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Watch the dolphins...

So long. Thanks for the fish.

(Sorry had to).

HAHAHAHAHAHAH You totally just made me laugh.

Love the beginning of that movie.

And mostly, I was looking at this hypothesis more along the lines as if we did have a secret alien population, they wouldn't just sit here and die they would probably just evacuate into space and would probably be hard to hide, or no reason to hide.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
if the earth was about to be destroyed then look at the mountains, they will melt like ice...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why worry about it? Make love to your wife (or husband) girlfriend (or boyfriend) or partner, and go to sleep. If you wake up, everything will probably be ok. If you don't, you won't know it.

(necessary edit to keep both sexes happy)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Why worry about it? Make love to your wife, girlfriend or partner, and go to sleep. If you wake up, everything will probably be ok. If you don't, you won't know it.

Or go out like Woody Harrelson in 2012.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I doubt that TPTB would be able to keep something caused by nature under the radar...

There are things that could wipe out the population slowly that I am sure if under there control would be kept quiet...using disinfo and media propaganda...

But the gov and NASA are not the only groups looking for answers in nature or in space....I believe something like that would get out one way or another...

Only questions is when it happens will we believe the source or ignore it...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If they where that powerful, wouldn't they figure out ways to get rid of us without blowing up the earth. Electronic mind control, would of course be very effective way of playing with all the people on earth.

Why would an alien race come here and just kill us all?

It makes no sense, but if you ask me, if they may control our planet, than that is possible, and of course plenty may not like the creatures we are.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I agree Navione, it probably has a very good chance of getting out, but how quickly it spreads or who disregards it as a hoax is what will make the difference or not.

My original thought was that if you saw something obviously out of the ordinary, like 100's of ships just randomly shooting into the sky from Earth, you might want to start considering what to do for your last few hours on Earth

hopefully something blatantly obvious like that will happen.

andy, you read the post too fast, I'm not talking about an alien race destroying us, i'm talking about if a meteor or something catastrophic that means worlds end would happen that they could not stop.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't think the .gov or any other official agency would say anything. They would hunker down in their bunkers in the Rockies, hope for the best, and let the rest of us rot, or be incinerated, depending on the nature of the cataclysm. If we are really doomed to be hit by a large asteroid, I think I would just end up sitting on my front lawn with my SPF 1,000,000, a cooler filled to the brim with ice cold Budweiser, a joint, and my dog, and just welcome the end. Humanity is dying as it is, and I guess an asteroid would help expedite the process of ridding this planet of it's biggest disease.

There won't be some NASA mission to blow it up, Aerosmith won't make some great theme song, and Bruce Willis definitely won't be staying on said asteroid to blow it up.

If it comes, just welcome it folks. Make love to your partner, drink a lot of good beer, have a BBQ (before you become one), and just welcome the end, because at that point, what is there really to do anyway? Looting won't solve anything, praying won't solve anything, and pillaging won't solve anything, so just welcome it.

Just my $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

There would at least be an ATS thread from an insider warning us. It would receive about 5 flags and 100 replies mocking the author. I would be one of the 100 mocking the author.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

No, there would be a lot of threads. Some would contain real info, some would contain disinfo about the same topic, so peoples wouldn't know what to belive.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by ChemBreather

Indeed...a PSA would go out minutes before with some nice pictures and/or charts explaining the impending doom to come.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52cbdd175ab6.jpg[/atsimg]

Add: And it all caused by the other party across the aisle in Congress!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If the whole world was about to end via some kind of meteor/crustal displacement or such I think there would be signs-animals would be behaving very strangely,so would machines and people.

The scary scenario would be something like a man made(political)event,such as if the Cuban missile crisis had got out of control.
Or if a bio weapon leaks from a lab.
The animals would give us very little warning if we kicked off the end of the world via a nuke/bio war.

I won't even mention the LHC...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Super reach but I would look for a sign of many ENTERTAINERS JUST DYING OFF SUDDENLY why, because they aint really dying off they are leaving in the space ships to MARS LOL , again super reach..um just sayen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join