It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War possible if Colombia’s Santos elected: Chavez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

War possible if Colombia’s Santos elected: Chavez

rawstory.com

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who for years has had tense relations with neighboring Colombia, has warned of worse ties and even possible military hostilities if Bogota's ex-defense chief Juan Manuel Santos wins the presidency.

A victory by Santos in the May 30 presidential election "could lead to war" in the region, said Chavez on his "Hello Mr. President" weekly television and radio broadcast.

The firebrand leftist leader also demanded that the conservative candidate, a close political ally of current president Alvaro Uribe, issue an apology for a Colombian military attack dur
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Now with news that Iran has more and more ``shock troops`` in Venezuela, China and Russia making deal with Venezuela and Colombia being supported by the US, this could be a new ``cold war 2 proxy war``...

This is one election I'll be watching closely. The election is scheduled for May 30. So I suggest you do the same because this could be big...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Now with news that Iran has more and more ``shock troops`` in Venezuela, China and Russia making deal with Venezuela and Colombia being supported by the US, this could be a new ``cold war 2 proxy war``...

Yes indeed. And lets not forget the link between North Korea, Iran and Venezuela.

I think if Bush was still around we'd be hearing of a new "axis of evil" right about now.

These three countries are obviously very linked. I don't think you reasonably could attack one without attacking all three. And thankfully this might have given some pause to the USA. It can ill afford to open up so many more fronts.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The question should be if Santos does when the war, who will through the first punch? Something tells me it may be some sort of misunderstanding that will result in a shooting war between the 2 countries, and will the US back Columbia or will the current Adminstration leave an ally to hang out to dry?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
and will the US back Columbia or will the current Adminstration leave an ally to hang out to dry?

Well I seem to remember something about the US military under Obama spending $46 million to establish a new base in Columbia so you'd think they would.

There was also always the assumption that "AUC" the paramilitary forces in Columbia worked very closely with the US Delta force.

So one might assume the interests of the US government and some factions in Columbia are closely linked.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Venezuela the latest destination on China's world tour

www.theaustralian.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join