It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africanist history revision re: The Black Athena and the pyramids: why haven't books changed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think you are rushing ahead in certain aspects here.

1. Have you ever spent the night out in the winter cold, without clothes or shelter, in the Mediterranean area? I live in Greece and can tell you that even now, late April, it is very difficult to do that and remain healthy. and no, I don't live in a mountainous area, I live roughly 15 miles away from the seashore, in an area with small hills. Highest elevation in my hometown is 40-45 feet.

2. What is a desert today was not necessarily a desert 10,000 years ago, climates change and so do terrains.

3. Similarities among remote civilizations only indicate contacts, they don't prove contacts. Building in a certain way on different areas could mean this is the best/easiest way to do it, worshiping the same Gods or using the same writing system is better as proof of contact. And by same Gods I don't mean "the Sun or the Moon", I mean same names and attributes of said Gods. Drawing parallels like "Zeus and Odin were the 'same' in their respective mythologies" does not prove ongoing cultural exchanges between Greeks and Norse, they indicate something (maybe a common source, maybe some civilization in between, geographically, that acted as the middle men) which, for now, is hard to verify, or even "sketch" adequately.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

Well, here in Cape Town we have a "mediterranean climate", and it gets pretty darn cold in winter. The Sahara was most likely not a desert 10,000 years ago, but the Kalahari (technically a "thirstland") and the Namib pretty much remained the same for thousands of years. The desert gets freezing cold at night (often around zero), yet the Bushmen (San) sleep there virtually naked.
The natives of Tierra del Fuego swam the Beagle Sea naked (until imported disease and settlers wiped them out in the late 1800s). Do you know how freezing the Beagle sea is? It is now thought that they had physical adaptations to that climate, just like the Andean Indians have to altitude.

As for pre-colonial inter-continental contact - I just support the possibility and likelihood. Since I believe so much history is hidden from us, I wouldn't dare to claim any more knowledge then that.

A rare pic of an Ona family from Tierra del Fuego, pre genocide:
4.bp.blogspot.com...

<< 1   >>

join