It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigger, Better Space Telescopes to Eclipse Hubble: James Webb Space Telescope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/145ec37ee2f8.jpg[/atsimg]

Hubble Space Telescope huggers are celebrating the iconic observatory's 20th birthday, even as scientists anticipate the next generation of bigger and more powerful successors to the famed orbital instrument. But there's bigger and better science yet to come.

NASA's James Webb Space Telescope is scheduled to go online in a few years. And a slew of new space observatories are also being considered, even if none have received the official go-ahead yet.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

I can't even begin to imagine what kind of results this puppy will bring in. I hope I am alive to enjoy all the sights it produces.

Another victory for mankind if they get this thing to work. I imagine some day we'll build something that ends up looking just a little too far/see too much-upset some superior beings and bam the attacks begin.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I cannot wait for the new updated version of the "hubble" is launched and sends back the first images, hopefully this will be soon.

Still I tend to believe that humanity must see for ones self, otherwise why live and exist? Yet I do see the the reason to have robotic and telescopic craft venturing on our behalf. We need to leave home and do what the universe is there for, explore!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I was thinking about all the stories I have seen about how we have been going to the Moon and Mars for years-with different craft than what the public is aware of.

The more stories I see like these, it makes me tend to believe we don't have special craft that can come and go from Earth to Space easily. We are spending tons of money on stuff like Hubble and this Hames Webb, to do things we can already do (if you believe we have special craft etc).

Matter of fact, the more I look at our Space program (and the other countries) I'm more convinced there aren't aliens/ufos and if they are, we are working with them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I was thinking about all the stories I have seen about how we have been going to the Moon and Mars for years-with different craft than what the public is aware of.

The more stories I see like these, it makes me tend to believe we don't have special craft that can come and go from Earth to Space easily. We are spending tons of money on stuff like Hubble and this Hames Webb, to do things we can already do (if you believe we have special craft etc).

Matter of fact, the more I look at our Space program (and the other countries) I'm more convinced there aren't aliens/ufos and if they are, we are working with them.

Respectfully, i think your missing the point. These telescopes can see further than we are ever likely to travel, they can give us an insight into what has been and what is to come (regarding astronomy). Any craft we could ever have/use would still be far outreached by telescopes and i think this will always be the case.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
That is pretty exciting. It would be great to see more high res photos of the moon or distant galaxies.

We live in very interesting times.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hubble has done amazing job in space, and i really hope that space community will put efforts to make space telescopes more better. I also hope that there will be more seeing eyes after James Webb.

Without the atmospheric effect, images are absolute stunning.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by koperniguz

Why are we only sending one up at a time. Heck, sent a chit load up in every direction....

Lets hop to it. Time is a wastin'.....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Exciting news, cannot wait for it to go to work and to see what it brings to us.

T.A.

Still I tend to believe that humanity must see for ones self, otherwise why live and exist? Yet I do see the the reason to have robotic and telescopic craft venturing on our behalf. We need to leave home and do what the universe is there for, explore!

I love this! and I agree wholeheartedly.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

top topics

join