It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Landing from Cockpit P.O.V.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Came across this by chance today, very neat to actually watch the shuttle come down from orbit to landing, and it all happens in just under 7minutes.

I have never had the chance to view anything like this before, and after doing a search on ATS it would seem no video of this sort has been posted in the past.

Hope everyone enjoys it, I sure did. (but I'm a space nut
)

Neat huh?

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That's awesome! - I love the way they are having fun on the way in, for some reason I would of thought it would be about the most serious landing you could make, they are so cool and everyday about it.

Shame the re-entry bit was not on there though, that's the tense bit.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
very nice video
and it's just amazing
to see how this stuff is done from
POV

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
flag! i will miss the big costly space plane, when it goes on retirement. the video is super and the talking is too cool to hear.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

Loved it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Awesome indeed.

And it answers the question I had in another thread, thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That's a pretty amazing landing. They seem calm about the whole ordeal. It must take a whole hell of a lot of practice to get such a perfect landing from way up above the planet.

They're probably familiar with the situation but I'd be a nervous wreck trying to get it in line with runway!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by KainRich]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thats amazing to watch,it must takes years of practice to be able to land like that.
he did seem very calm about it as well..calm under pressure is the key,you can't panic or it's all over

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

That was awesome, thanks for sharing. I had a big grin on my face all the way through watching that

Heard the pilot referred to as "Taco" during the chatter, I'm guessing this is him...

Kenneth "Taco" Cockrell

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Cool! That was fun to watch!

new topics

top topics

join