It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever isn't in the Constitution is left for the People and their

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Whatever isn't in the Constitution is left for the People and their

colorado.tenthamendme ntcenter.com

Seemingly so simple, but these twenty-eight words have been constantly misconstrued, circumvented, or flat out ignored.

So what? It’s just a bunch of old-school rhetoric spewed out by some powdered-wig sporting fundamentalists over two hundred years ago. Move along; nothing to see here.

Or is it something more than that? Not to hide my bias (not that I could; why else write a treatise on the 10th?), I find it horribly relevant today.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
“A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.”

-Thomas Jefferson

“A republic is the best of governments.”

-John Adams

“Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body, independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a FEDERAL, and not a NATIONAL constitution.”

-James Madison

I have to say i am in full agreement with this story. The Federal Constitution is Nopolianic in nature.

If its not in there the Federal Government has No Control over it.

colorado.tenthamendme ntcenter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You know I thought that this would be a post to take off here on ATS.

... But I guess Not.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I was just reading through my pocket constitution before I saw your thread and it made me think of this section of the Declaration of Independence that all citizens of the US should be reminded of during this time in American history. don’t misunderstand me I am in no way promoting any form of violence. I am by nature a peace loving man.
I am however suggesting that when people go to the voting booth this fall they remember these words and vote for candidates that still believe in them.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

top topics

join