It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, protector of Mankind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Of all the post of new technologies breakthroughs. There seems to be an repeating idea that these breakthroughs are a means of using for war. I was reflecting how stories of the bible would have people trying to achieve something that people of their time couldn't imagine doing. For instance the Tower of Babel. Workers building a huge tower to reach the heavens. Sounds silly, yes. But isn't weird that if those men finished the building and the power they would have over the people of the world. What do you guys think of God knowing that we would get out of hand and destroy one another if we became to hard to control.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Good point. I'm not religious or non religious. There could be and there may not be a god. I just don't trust mankind enough to take there depictions of what our god is to be true. Especially how if you look at its origins thousand of years ago and if you were to act that same way today, your ass would be in the looney bin.

Some say our earth is in quarantine, from aliens perhaps or maybe God or a God. I'm sure like there's cold poop in a dead cougar I wouldn't want our recklessness spreading out into the cosmos. We don't deserve it until we can peacefully coexist under a common unting goal. Space exploration as that goal hahah.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Watch
New World Bible-The Story of the Truth
and
Old World Secrets-The Omega Project Codes.

You'll get it eventually... No God, as you think of it ...

And watch them more than one time, I get new info every time I watch the youTubes...

Like the 'snake' in the garden of Eden?? The snake is the representation of the Asian Race...(Dragons)

Fruit of knowledge in the Garden of Eden ? The knowledge and seeds in the Pyramids (SeedVaults or like our D.u.m.b.'s)....

They knew when the shait was coming, like our 'God' and his angles do today..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What do you guys think of God knowing that we would get out of hand and destroy one another if we became to hard to control.

You'd think an omnipotent god wouldn't have that problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Omnipotence that affords us free will to destroy ourselves to the destruction of all innocence as well. That is innocent life being hurt in nature, and among mankind. Especially nature. I agree with the lesson as explained in the OP.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi IMO God has no need to destroy or be threatened. He merely gives us the freewill to make our own choices. Most if not all aspects of our life are chosen by us. God guides us but the choice to turn to him is in our hands and thus the desruction of man is of our own making. Like the tower of bybel..all choices and the final result were due to these choices.

God doesnt need us, we need him and in so saying he awaits our hearts to soften and the eyes of our souls to open so that we may reach for him.

God protects us and holds us in his palm but we have the choice to climb out. and the consequences thereafter are of our own making.

I understand there are many that wont agree, I am not intent of pushing my belief only giving my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Of all the post of new technologies breakthroughs. There seems to be an repeating idea that these breakthroughs are a means of using for war. I was reflecting how stories of the bible would have people trying to achieve something that people of their time couldn't imagine doing. For instance the Tower of Babel. Workers building a huge tower to reach the heavens. Sounds silly, yes. But isn't weird that if those men finished the building and the power they would have over the people of the world. What do you guys think of God knowing that we would get out of hand and destroy one another if we became to hard to control.

If by God, you mean Enlil/Jehovah/Yahweh, it's more like, "God: Enslaver of Mankind."

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by satanictemple

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

If by God, you mean Enlil/Jehovah/Yahweh, it's more like, "God: Enslaver of Mankind."

That's sounds like an answer from someone who is possessed. I'm for the death of millions of people for the better of mankind. If those millions are pedophiles, rapist, super rich (evil), etc etc.

The problem with the idea that God is a violent A-hole was the fallowing.. Many fallen angels had to die during the flood. We would have had an extra species with us. This is also found in archeology of oversize human fossils.

To the OP: I honestly think the Tower of babel is compared to our LHC nowadays. We can see how technology makes people. I'm sure there were rumors about the tower before babel fell. The lhc is the same in that aspect. It would seem like every time in human history just before a civilization vanishes they were on the verge of some extraordinary techna. for example ATLANTIS.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

If there wasnt something to learn from having chemical weapons and nuclear capabilities...then I would assume those things wouldnt exists.

Sometimes, we learn the most by walking the path that is not...because it is what is shining the light down the tunnel to the path that is.

I dont believe God intervenes, but understands that all things here have a purpose for us. The purpose might be to FORCE us to see how important good decision making is, decisions that are better for all of mankind and our planet, instead of just a group of mankind and a certain spot of land.

Its up to us...is the point.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yea and don't think for a second that if God made the world white rubber rooms we still wouldn't find a way to kill ourselves.

Humans have free will. Humans can chose to reject love and grace. It's that simple. So God knew. But, The good outweighs the bad.

which means the souls who would overcome their selves and rise to saintliness on free will far outweigh the souls who don't make it.

peace op!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

We have free will to a point...the end of the point is that God has made a way for all to find their core being, their prime image, their highest vision in which God holds of them.

Are you saying that God is expecting man to just believe in something that they dont see???? And for those that cant handle that....they will be punished, even if they are a good person.

That is very unrighteous...and a very scary nature...sounds like humans if you ask me.

There are no souls that dont make it....its sad that you think that such is a part of Gods plan.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Leo vergo I wish noone went to hell but some don't want to change, some don't want love.

I have a house. I want peace. I can't allow evil and hatred in my house. Some people on earth get life in prison. It's a state where the soul will not change or love.

God has to seperate evil from good or he's not just.

Are you saying that God is expecting man to just believe in something that they dont see???? And for those that cant handle that....they will be punished, even if they are a good person. "
(LeoVirgo)

Why not? i don't see and I believe and yet because of that I have seen miracles. I'm no different from the next man. Infact I grew up Godless. Didn't have a clue who Christ was until age 20. So noone is uncaple of converting or being led to him.

Those who are (good) people are not good themselves it's all Gods grace in them.

every act of love is grace in souls unless you run on pride. I can't make you understand this. So at the judgement seat if a soul goes to hell, all the graces dissapear which come from God.

The soul becomes an empty shell, of pure gracelessness. There will be no love left in that soul.

so again, you have to wait until the judgement seat for God to show you what grace is. I can't explain it in here.

peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Leo vergo I wish noone went to hell but some don't want to change, some don't want love.

I have a house. I want peace. I can't allow evil and hatred in my house. Some people on earth get life in prison. It's a state where the soul will not change or love.

God has to seperate evil from good or he's not just.

Are you saying that God is expecting man to just believe in something that they dont see???? And for those that cant handle that....they will be punished, even if they are a good person. "
(LeoVirgo)

Why not? i don't see and I believe and yet because of that I have seen miracles. I'm no different from the next man. Infact I grew up Godless. Didn't have a clue who Christ was until age 20. So noone is uncaple of converting or being led to him.

Those who are (good) people are not good themselves it's all Gods grace in them.

every act of love is grace in souls unless you run on pride. I can't make you understand this. So at the judgement seat if a soul goes to hell, all the graces dissapear which come from God.

The soul becomes an empty shell, of pure gracelessness. There will be no love left in that soul.

so again, you have to wait until the judgement seat for God to show you what grace is. I can't explain it in here.

peace.

What you are leaving out is that is someone does not want love...if soeone is so bitter that they have 'seemed' to of lost grace...if someone 'seems' to be evil....there is most definatly a reason for this. Mabey its from their enviroment, lack of coping skills, lack of others giving them hope in hard times, or caught up in greed, pride and lust. But dont ever think (suggestion) that God cant reach every vessel that the Holy Spirit has dwelled in. You may think that chances stop at our death..and we get one chance...and if we blow it its just too bad....but I dont agree with this.

God is that great....when faced with our deepest being, when faced with 'what we are' ....there is no denying.

God is so great....no soul, when they do SEE....cant deny themselves. The love will reach them, it will heal them, and they will go on to reap what has been sown in some way....to learn, to soften their heart, to accept what they are.

Your stuck on this 'just' thing....but God understands the reasons why people get lost, why they get hateful, why they get wrapped in Earthly ways. Thee will make a way for them.

Just because you believe in something you dont see...doesnt make it a requirement by God. God is not silly...and it would be silly to give us all of these senses...all of these experiences that totally mold us and shape us...and expect us to depend on fellow man as well as depend on the things that are unseen. We are logical thinkers...Gods plan is not about belief.

I dont keep conversing to argue...Im only bringing my view just as you bring yours. Totally out of love, the same as you do.

My best to you always
LV

new topics

top topics

join