It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S*** flows downhill not up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with a telephone survey on our city schools. The last couple of Superintendents chosen to run the schools have been more interested in money, personal prestige and power then the students welfare & education. The current one wants the police out & a security force under his control in so the bad student happenings can be covered up better.

If I didn't know better I would think the Superintendents were chosen for their ability to cripple the school system. A number of teachers (who happen to be good teachers in my opinion) have had their classrooms change a time or 2 during the year in an effort to get them to change schools or leave the city altogether (silly harassment). Funds have been misspent or gone missing. Bad decisions have been made on school staffing & placement as well as plain old general neglect, mismanagement and fraud.

Just like with a business or a government you have to start at the top to fix things. And NO, I don't think more money (taxes) will fix the problem. I think it was called the trickle down theory "the more you are trickled on from above the more pissed you will get".

Just a rant folks, just a rant.
Children are precious and are not to be wasted & thrown away.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Stage a student strike and get the local media involved.

PTA and student council.

Circulate flyers covertly atleast.

new topics

join