It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Arizona, Vatican and Jesuits Name New Telescope ‘Lucifer’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Once you've read the linked article written by Greg Szymanski of the Arctic Beacon, you will realize that I had quite a few forums to choose posting this thread under. With Vatican and Jesuits in the headline I went with the superficial.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And yet we are a step closer to the end of times. The Catholic Church is the "Great Harlot" in Revelation, and now they are showing their true colors.

Vicarius filii dei = 666

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The various controversies are discussed at length within the article. I have questioned the Vatican's "wisdom" and authority in many earlier threads and posts. My opinion is out there and so I will step aside and perhaps counter punch later if I feel so inclined. A few select snippets from the Szymanski article:

With the naming of Lucifer, critics claim the Vatican has showed its true colors, using God and Jesus as shills for their true master — Lucifer.

“Is it possible the Vatican has the same information as the Mayans? Both speak of an event coming from the center of our galaxy Milky Way. Both indicate a powerful celestial event. But the most important question of all is “when”. - Mitch Batros

Father Coyne further declared that Apache beliefs were “a kind of religiosity to which I cannot subscribe and which must be suppressed with all the force we can muster.”

The Arizona Republic (Phoenix, Arizona) reports that the Jesuit Father Charles W. Polzer calls opposition to the construction of the telescope complex on top of Mount Graham “part of a Jewish conspiracy” and comes from the Jewish lawyers of the American Civil Liberties Union who are out to undermine and destroy the Catholic Church.

In spite of opposition by the San Carlos Apache tribal council, Apache spiritual leaders, and environmental groups, actual construction of the project began in 1991.

In 1999, the University of Notre Dame, a Catholic university, announced that it would also build a telescope on Mount Graham. The University president claimed that he was unaware that Mount Graham was sacred to the Apache and that the Apache opposed the desecration of this sacred place. This was in spite of the fact that the building of telescopes on this sacred mountain by the University of Arizona and the Vatican was a controversial issue and had been the subject of many news stories.

In conclusion, we Apache would respectfully urge this body of the United Nations to recognize and acknowledge that the disrespect and suffering caused by the nations and governments mentioned above be terminated forthwith. We Apache petition you for a resolution consistent with the National Congress of American Indians of 1993, 1995 and July 1999. They stated that the public interest in protecting Apache culture is compelling, and that the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture should accordingly require the prompt removal of the telescopes from Mount Graham.

I urge you to read the entire article. As you can see nearly every paragraph would be fodder for conspiracy on their own.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yay for the end of the world.I'm for it.

But this... this is so disgusting to me. I'm still confused to why it's named that. Apparently their answers seem to mislead the answer. star and flag

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Might look into the origin of Lucifer coming to be associated with Satan due to an accident during the original interpretation of the Bible into Latin.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I believe they named it after the who they really worship in the high echelons of the Catholic Church.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
you know there was a time before jesus? I know it's tough to imagine, but people were living and doing wonderful things before that. Infact, Lucifer had a different meaning.

Lucifer is a Latin word (from the words lucem ferre), literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight.

Let's look at what bearer means, because light is obvious:

- a person or thing that bears, presents, or upholds
- One that carries or supports

Now let's look at what a telescope is:
-An arrangement of lenses or mirrors or both that gathers visible light, permitting direct observation or photographic recording of distant objects.

See the connection? The telescope is "holding" the light. It is a perfect name for a telescope.

Also Lucifer's true meaning is the planet venus.

The world isn't ending, put down the bible and live your life.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Lucifer was obviously a good angel before the rebellion in what some people believe, some think its a legend or some people don't believe. That being said light bearer was an appropriate name of him before the war. Is he still a pink skirt wearing pansy? yes I believe so. Is it a good name for a telescope with Catholics trusting the church. no.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Despite it's prior meaning, we have a new meaning for Lucifer: Satan. The 'n-word' used to mean just an ignorant person, but then slave-owners thought that fit for black slaves, so now people know not to use the 'n-word' because it is highly offensive to black people. So what a word used to actually mean, and it's use and connotation of today are very different things.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ReVoLuTiOn76]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It's been referenced within the old testament that the great deceiver is satan within the bible during Job's escapade. Who knows maybe venus has something to do with satan's power on earth, but I must say that satan or some sort of satan form was created way before the idea and finding of the planet venus

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just because something is new doesn't make it right. Most of the things the church has done in the past has been incredibly bad and wrong. Look at the inquisitions and the pope covering up child molesting. 200 children. How is that right?

www.nytimes.com...

reminds me of a classic south park episode where the south park priest goes to the vatican to warn the church of priests sleeping with young boys and the vatican is racking their brains on how to cover it up and not punish the priests who are commiting the crime.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Greg Szymanski, Arctic Beacon IS A TOTAL CON-ARTIST DISINFO AGENT

Where is the link proving anything he says is true. I used to believe this clown a couple years ago. Then I found out he makes up almost every story he pushes. LEO WANTA, LEO ZAGAMI on and on.

I called out Greg Symanski to people at RBN showing that LEO ZAGAMI was nothing more than a european disk jockey. LEO ZAGAMI is an alias.
its a 100% fabricated story.

RBN kicked him off their network.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh noes!! Destroy it!! It has an evil name!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The only reason Lucifer has been coined as a name for Satan was due to the mistranslation of the Old Testament, something that doesn't show up in newer versions of the Bible.
The KJV is not a well translated version of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It could be many many things, but I just see it as people arent creative with their names anymore, haha. Its cool, could be a device, that makes a portal to bring Satan out, or it could just be a telescope with a really crappy name. I'm going to put my money on a telescope with a bad name. Someone defintaly didnt think that one out.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I hope Lucifer has his green card. Otherwise he will be arrested and shot by firing squad per now Arizona State law.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
you know there was a time before jesus? I know it's tough to imagine, but people were living and doing wonderful things before that. Infact, Lucifer had a different meaning.

Lucifer is a Latin word (from the words lucem ferre), literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight.

Let's look at what bearer means, because light is obvious:

- a person or thing that bears, presents, or upholds
- One that carries or supports

Now let's look at what a telescope is:
-An arrangement of lenses or mirrors or both that gathers visible light, permitting direct observation or photographic recording of distant objects.

See the connection? The telescope is "holding" the light. It is a perfect name for a telescope.

Also Lucifer's true meaning is the planet venus.

The world isn't ending, put down the bible and live your life.

Let's say you and I agree this benign historical interpretation is true. What's the harm in the name? The conspiracy lies in that the RCC is adopting this pre-Christian name that it has promoted as meaning something far more sinister to the Catholic faithful for millenia. Is this another wound (self-inflicted) in the undermining of the RCC? And so the RCC is undermining it's own authority, completing it's assignment within the game plan of the NWO for introducing a "World Religion". Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie
Greg Szymanski, Arctic Beacon IS A TOTAL CON-ARTIST DISINFO AGENT

Where is the link proving anything he says is true. I used to believe this clown a couple years ago. Then I found out he makes up almost every story he pushes. LEO WANTA, LEO ZAGAMI on and on.

I called out Greg Symanski to people at RBN showing that LEO ZAGAMI was nothing more than a european disk jockey. LEO ZAGAMI is an alias.
its a 100% fabricated story.

RBN kicked him off their network.

Doesn't mean the article is untrue. You add nothing to the thread with this comment.

The article is TRUE:

Astronomy.com

"LUCIFER allows astronomers to watch stars being born
The new instrument on the Large Binocular Telescope is a powerful tool that will gain spectacular insights into the universe — from the Milky Way to extremely distant galaxies.

Provided by University of Arizona, Tucson

April 23, 2010
A new instrument for the world's largest optical telescope, the Large Binocular Telescope (LBT) on Mount Graham, allows astronomers to observe the faintest and most distant objects in the universe."

Go to link to read rest of article

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Might look into the origin of Lucifer coming to be associated with Satan due to an accident during the original interpretation of the Bible into Latin.

You are on point with this as I think this story at it's heart is all about interpretation. Hundreds of millions living today and vast numbers long dead have and had accepted the official interpretation of the RCC for numerous words and concepts. And so why this apparent change in interpretation and why now? Why is a connection between the name Lucifer and the Roman Catholic Church no longer taboo?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thank you for that post. The article is opinion on and interpretation of a well documented true event. The true source of the opinion can be argued ad infinitum, the documented event can not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join