It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian Catholic bishop admits molesting boy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Belgian Catholic bishop admits molesting boy

www.guardian.co.uk

A Belgian bishop has confessed to molesting a boy, becoming the first high-ranking prelate to be directly implicated in child sex abuse since the outbreak of the global scandal enveloping the Roman Catholic church.

Shortly after the Vatican announced that the pope had accepted his resignation , Roger Vangheluwe, the bishop of the Flemish city of Bruges, said that before he took over his diocese "and for a short time afterwards, I sexually abused a young boy close to me".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Wow, this has really blown up! Apparently the first high-ranking member of the Catholic church to be implicated in the scandal. How many more are to come out of the woodwork, and what are the ramifications for the church? I've only been following the story casually and for years have heard rumblings and innuendo about these incidents but this appears to be a heavy and damning blow. If he apologised to the family as he says, then surely someone, somewhere was aware of the incident for it to be out in the open in such a manner?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

I am sick about this - the Roman Catholic Church has abused how many people?

How does it dare to call itself a Church -it is sick.

The Roman Catholic church is dead.

Or it is in the hands of satan.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I read the article and couldn't see anything about him going to jail. I hope his resignation isn't his punishment. This bishop needs to be in jail getting molested by some big hairy criminal for the rest of his life.

top topics

join