It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Database of Publicly Accused Priests in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

BishopAccountability.org

According to the John Jay report commissioned by the U.S. bishops, allegations of sexual abuse were made in 1950-2002 against 4,392 priests. The number is generally believed to underestimate the problem. A few bishops have released the names of accused priests, but no official list exists of U.S. priests who have abused children and vulnerable adults. Below we present the most complete list currently available, culled from media reports and legal documents – with many photos, assignment records, and source articles.

Source: www.bishop-accountability.org...

Man. Opening this one up sicken my stomach. Puts a face to the stories and makes one realize how big this problem of Priest sexually abusing kids really is.
A very informative database with links etc.

Sobering for sure. I put this up in hopes someone can be saved the trouble or if they are victims, to let them know it is okay to come forward and talk. We need witnesses and victims to stop these sicko Priest.

Enough with the Church already. Time to open the books, identify the ones who you know are being bad and DEAL WITH IT.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
At the risk of being accused of pumping my thread, I wanted to make sure this one didn't get overlooked. At the time some breaking news was happening and this slipped off the front pages.

This site has almost 400 hundred Catholic Preist that are know to like kids (mostly boys). Related news articles and related papers. Pic of the Preist, location. all of it.

It is like a Megan Law Offender site, but for PREIST. Which is pretty Fn sick to begin with. I'm about to start calling it the Pedo Club.

This stuff is breaking out all over the world (stories of Preist molesting children). Sad times for the Church but they brought it on themselves by covering it up all these years!

Example: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/741b61859b9a.jpg[/atsimg]
Civil suit filed 1982 alleged he exposed himself to several boys. Settled; no criminal charges. Convicted 1992 of abuse of girl, age 13. Sentenced to 3 years in jail. Resigned 1/94. New civil suit filed 6/06 by 4 men alleging abuse when they were young. Archdiocese settled at least one claim in 5/07 $6.65M settlement with 14 people alleging abuse by 12 priests. At least 1 claim included in 8/08 $12.7M settlement involving 11 priests and 16 plaintiffs. Chicago Ill.

If I'm wrong and it is that no one thinks this is a big deal etc okay, sorry. Otherwise, get this info out to your communities. They should link it on local gov't websites etc.

join