It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by kidflash2008
There was a rant here about tipping, now comes my rant about restaurants.
I went to the restaurant with my mother a few nights ago and was not happy with what I saw and experienced. First of all, me and my mother are both on fixed incomes so we do not go out much. Here are a few things wrong:
1. The air conditioning was blasting on us at our table. We asked to be moved and it took a while to find us a table. (It was chilly outside too, so we do not know why they turned it on.)
2. The TV was on and blaring. We could not hear our waitress. We asked them to turn it down, but that never happened.
3. Little children were running around everywhere, and went into the booth next to us and started kicking the chairs. The mother just smiled at her children's rude behavior.
4. The food was OK, but has gone downhill fast since our last visit. I ate better food at a fast food restaurant.
5. The busgirl was reaching over our food and did not ask if we were finished (most politely ask if your are finished with a plate and then one hands it to them).
It is a wonder why some restaurants stay in business. The waitress was outstanding though and she got a nice tip. For the most part, people tip on their experience as a whole. That would not of been good for the waitress at all. Next time, Mom and I will order for pizza delivery.