It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL Conspiracy to Control Internet Content

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by brimstone735

Have you ever held something to be true , only to find out later that it wasn't ?

Have you ever mis-represented the truth ? Ever 'stretched' the truth ? Ever told a lie ?

If you can answer 'yes' to any of the above , then everything that you say here , can be considered 'suspect' .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

The holocaust happened.

You can't magic that away.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here, i did a screengrab:

[edit on 23-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VendettaBeretta
LOL It's ironic that people on ATS are scared of government censorship, but then sign up for a program which censors things for them...Hypocrites.

Just for the record, I'm not afraid of government censorship, nor am I afraid of any aspect of central government. I wouldn't be worth my salt as a dissenter if I feared the government. I have FAITH in a few very basic things: God, my family, and the Constitution, in that order.

If I permitted a mere government or a mere political movement to instill fear in me, I'd be betraying my Faith in those things I honor above all others.

Fear is a weakness shared by those of no Faith and little conviction. Courage is the strength to conduct yourself with discipline in the face of Fear, even when those around you are cowering and fleeing to some imagined Security guaranteed them by the State.

Which is why I count those in our nation's highest offices as the consummate cowards, from whom I will NEVER back down. Nor will I back down from agencies and organizations professing to defend the defenseless on the one hand, while employing the Politics of Fear on the other hand to divide our people.

My late father used to tell me, "If a man uses FEAR to motivate you, it's because he hasn't got anything else."

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
OK....i want to stand corrected. I have learned something valuable tonight. I am on my Linux box, and went and looked around the site. Some of the stuff is a little far out. But some of it seems spot on.

The fact that it has been given a poor rating for child safety tells me that the ratings hit on this site is a hit job by some group sympathetic to the cause that these people are fighting.

Ignore my posts in this thread. I am mistaken, and owe the OP an apology for not being more informed.

Edit to add: www.mywot.com...

[edit on 23-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I never said that it didn't , now did I ?

The issue at hand is in regards to freedom of speech , why are you trying to derail the thread into a discussion of the holocaust or anti-semitism ?

Is free speech a threat to semites ? Being one myself , I don't feel threatened by anything that I have encountered on ATS .

I will say it again , 'anti-semitism' is nothing more than a smear tactic that is used by those who can't participate legitimately in an intelligent debate .

It is much easier and more productive to label someone 'anti-semite' than it is to produce a credible counter-argument .

Let's get back on topic . How about you produce a credible argument that shows the ADL is not guilty of the assertions made in the link I posted ?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No apologies needed big guy , but accepted out of respect .

Your honesty is commendable . Thank you for that .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Because the website you posted as evidence claims the holocaust didn't happen. It instantly kills your arguement. It is divorced from reality.

I don't care who you are. You are submitting a website that claims that Jews run 96% of the media. There is clearly something wrong with your source.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
The holocaust happened. You can't magic that away.

Indeed, the Final Solution was well-documented on both sides of the war. We know the Nazi concentration camps were real. We know the world wept when they discovered the full extent of what happened to European Jews under the Third Reicht.

But do we know the full extent?

One of the most sickening things about the Holocaust is that it is now off limits from historical research — it is inviolate, we cannot question it.

And that's wrong. Particularly when there are very real questions that need answering... Such as, how many Jews were actually exterminated?

One of the truly hair-raising stories that came out of post-war Germany was that the fekking Nazis couldn't agree on how many Jews they had gassed and cremated. Hermann Goering himself, during the official signing of his confession, took the fountain pen, scratched out "two million," and corrected it to read "three million" before he would sign the document... One of the Allied officers who witnessed this correction became nauseous. And rightly so.

This suggests that Allied investigators may have seriously underestimated the number of Jews murdered.

On the other hand, there have been claims by reputable war historians over the decades that six million was far too high a number, and that the true number of exterminated Jews amounted to three or four million.

And, yes, when I speak of "reputable war historians," I'm talking about David Irving, who served time in an Austrian prison for being an anti-semite, although his major crime seems to be in questioning the Holocaust. Irving never denied the Holocaust, he simply said the numbers of Jewish dead were vastly inflated.

When he was accused of being an anti-Semite by another author, Irving took the author and her publishing company to court in London... Which was a mistake on Irving's part. In Britain, the defendant carries the burden of producing evidence. So, the author who had accused Irving brought the victor's history of WWII in Europe as her evidence — hers was a circular and self-affirming argument: 6 million Jews died in WWII because history says so.

Irving not only lost the case, but the judge sitting on the trial made a point of chewing David Irving's ass afterward, calling him everything except a white man. LOL

Of course, Irving's research into finding the TRUTH of the Holocaust tread on far too many toes, but it also garnered him a following among Neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups worldwide — which, unfortunately for Irving, has dogged him for decades.

I, for one, do not believe the accusations that David Irving is an anti-Semite or a Neo-Nazi or anything else except one of the most gifted historians of the 20th Century. I've read his biography, I've followed the news stories, I've read his trial transcripts; and what I see standing out like a sore thumb is the staunch bias against Irving from everyone who unquestioningly (and mindlessly) defends the six million Jews account of history.

I think the Holocaust should be a living memory, open to research and new evidence, even if it refutes the victor's version of history.

I've said it before and I'll say it again here: When any chapter of history becomes inviolate, when we can no longer ask questions about it, then that chapter of history is dead to us.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Can you prove that they don't control 96% of the media , or is that simply some more of your gospel we should believe without so much as one link that would dispute it ?

Your argument holds no validity as far as condemning the entire site based solely on one particular view that they may hold . You ever heard the expression 'one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch' ?

Do you agree with ANYTHING at all that you see posted here on ATS ?

If so , then according to your reasoning , we should therefore assume that you agree with EVERYTHING that is posted here .

Can you not see the fallacy of your argument ?

Just because I may agree with you that a cold beer is nice , doesn't mean that I agree with you that it is okay to beat your wife .

Therefore , just because you do doesn't mean that a cold beer ISN'T nice .

Please find a better argument than the lame one that you are so feverishly clinging to .

[edit on 23-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
While I didn't introduce the Holocaust Denial element to this thread, I thought it was important to demonstrate how an inflexible and unthinking allegiance to the victor's version of history can spell disaster for those who dare to question it. In David Irving's case, for example, his methodical and much-lauded research into WWII was praised by historians the world over for decades... UNTIL he suggested that the numbers of Jewish dead were exaggerated. THAT's when the world turned against David Irving, to such an extent that he is prohibited from traveling to certain parts of the world, on pain of arrest and incarceration!

Simply because he sought the Truth and asked questions.

In our own controversy with the ADL, we can see that they lifted non-threatening and not-at-all violence-inciting remarks from ATS members, as well as from people all across the Internet, and attempted to create a climate of fear, attributing it to us.

If there is a climate of FEAR in America and around the world, it's being created by those who have nothing else to offer but FEAR, and I'm talking about the Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center, the United States Congress and the Obama Administration itself, just to mention a few.

There's a force at work in this world to vilify those who stand up and speak out and ask the tough questions. We can call this force the New World Order or whatever you want — but, when it comes to using Fear and smear tactics, you can be sure there's evil intent behind it.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I meant no offence to you Doc , as I tend to agree with everything you are posting . And I appreciate how articulate you are in doing so .

My beef is with those who only want to throw the 'anti-semite' slur into the mix , along with 'holocaust denial' in their vain attempt to discredit the real issue , which is free speech .

They throw it out there like a spike-strip , hoping that it will deflate the thread and they won't have to actively pursue it and arrest it with any real detective work .

You are welcome to peel taters in my house anytime .

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
My beef is with those who only want to throw the 'anti-semite' slur into the mix , along with 'holocaust denial' in their vain attempt to discredit the real issue , which is free speech.

Oh, believe me, I've been the target of more "anti-semite" and "war-monger" and "racist" and "sexist" name-calling attacks than I care to remember. It's all they've got. When the other side resorts to brainless name-calling, you know that their ammo-box is empty.

On the upside, when your opponent is parroting slurs such as "anti-semite" and "racist," you can be sure that he isn't thinking. He's just regurgitating his propaganda and show-stopper sound-bites. Which means that you, as a thinking activist, have the intellectual advantage.

But beware. When the Liberals run out of intellectual ammunition (which is pretty goddamned quickly), they are known for resorting to live ammunition and explosives.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Tell you what, if you'll let me whip up a big batch of garlic and parmesan mashed potatoes with chives, I'd be honored to peel them potaters.

The trick to peeling potatoes fast is having a recipe that TASTES SO GOOD you just can't wait.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join